50 Cent Tours Somalia

Originally Posted by Antidope

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Smart water was a gimmick.
Traveling to Somalia and providing food for the needy, that's good a good look.

It goes to show that there's another level of existence and self awareness when you become ultra rich, contrary to popular belief.

It's not about buying and balling, giving back to other's can be the ultimate feeling.
I don't doubt that there is some intrinsically bubbly feeling that he gets, but you only mentioned "Smart Water" as if it was the only gimmick hes had.
Did you forget about "Street King"? 

His energy drink? He said for every Facebook like he got he would donate a meal to poor kids.

I mean, while it ultimately helps the less fortunate, I can't help but feel like hes taking advantage of others for solely his benefit with the proximinal benefit of others.

It just seemed more disingenuous than anything. 

But props for him getting the media involved and showing him following through with his commitment.

Come on bro don't do this. At the end of the day he could of went about promoting himself in a bunch of ways but he chose to do it in a way that also helps out others. Cant really hate who cares if he got the media involved and wanted people to know he did it, he still did it.
but 50 HAS went about promoting himself in a bunch of ways, they just haven't been working for him...i agree with sillyputty, i'm glad he gave back and did something for the kids, but thre's obviously an MO behind it...whatever tho

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

That is nice of him, the kids are so cute.

Spoiler [+]
I hate this guy, Team Jeffrey Atkins
ja rule?
really?

really?

laugh.gif
I'mma start rapping in a cookie monster voice, anything will sell nowadays.

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

That is nice of him, the kids are so cute.

Spoiler [+]
I hate this guy, Team Jeffrey Atkins
ja rule?
really?

really?

laugh.gif
I'mma start rapping in a cookie monster voice, anything will sell nowadays.
embarassed.gif
 I use to love him,  the game hasnt been the same since he left.
I dislike fiddy cause he bashed him for being a singer rapper but came out and did the same exact thing but Ja did it better.

frown.gif

But he gets cool points for doing this, sincere or not.

Like Nas said, most these rappers are scared to go to Africa so I salute Curtis for following through.

The UN wouldn't have allowed him entrance if it was merely a gimmick. I think dude is seeing how money isn't everything. He's beyond RICH.

Originally Posted by trak1sh

50 seems genuine to me.

One of the indications of this is his reluctance to sing his own songs in front of those children, that part was uncomfortable

It's funny how you guys criticize Fif for doing something awesome (regardless of his motives), and praise Birdman everytime he gets a Bugatti or Helipad tattooed on his head.

Originally Posted by NooEra

50 seems like a pretty good dude
pimp.gif

That little girl putting him on spot was hella awkward though
laugh.gif

Don't know why peps think ant different bout celebrities. I once met Megan Good and Eva Mendes way back and they both were cooler than a polar bear toenails. 

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

50 seems genuine to me.

One of the indications of this is his reluctance to sing his own songs in front of those children, that part was uncomfortable
Exactly. He wasn't there to do a show. He was there as a humanitarian. That's all I need to see to know it was genuine.

Originally Posted by Futuristic

It's funny how you guys criticize Fif for doing something awesome (regardless of his motives), and praise Birdman everytime he gets a Bugatti or Helipad tattooed on his head.

tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

Hey now, thats not just some random tattoo on Baby's head. Its a gateway for infinite knowledge to travel
pimp.gif

But people are hating on 50 fir this.

Originally Posted by gunnascott

tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

You have a couple of dudes who are so backwards on this site, it's pathetic.

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

Originally Posted by gunnascott

tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

You have a couple of dudes who are so backwards on this site, it's pathetic.

Because when Birdman gives away hundreds of ThanksGiving and Christmas Dinners he doesnt mask it in selling an energy drink. It comes directly from his pocket.
At least when I buy tickets to a YMCMB show or an album of one of their artists (theoretically 
laugh.gif
) I know where the money is going.

I'm not going to buy "StreetKing Energy" or "like his facebook" so that he can hold my social worth hostage to do what he should be doing anyways. 

But again, however others are helped is ultimately a good thing.

We can argue about the "means" or the "ends."

Fif! 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 It don't seem like a lot of celebrities are assisting dude but I hope he keep at it. A lot of respect from me.

Say what you want about 50 having alterior motives, but he's out there doing it, others are not.

Nothing but respect for the guy.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

50 seems genuine to me.

Exactly. He wasn't there to do a show. He was there as a humanitarian. That's all I need to see to know it was genuine.

My dude was probably feeling pretty bad that 99% of his song are about stunting, gangs, women, drugs.
laugh.gif
at the thought of him singing the hook to window shopper to the kids.

Back
Top Bottom