50 Cent's Get Rich Or Die Tryin turns 10 today

I remember bumping this album hard in 9th grade in my raggedy cd player that wouldn't even play half the time

I was in 9th grade to when dropped. The memories :pimp: :pimp:

50 just came out and took over the game for a few a minute. I still remember that freestyle they did on Flex after GRODT dropped and 50 was taking shots at EVERYBODY and Flex stopped the whole thing like "Let's keep it peaceful guys!!!". That **** was classic :rofl:

I always felt Don't Push Me was the best song on the album.

I heard Irv tryna sign Shyne, so I ain't got no love for him
Tell 'em 50 said he soft he won't shoot up the club again

:lol:

I remember this album came out when I was a 10th grader in high school. all the seniors/juniors with cars were knocking this. great album for what it was.

Remember very vividly going to bestbuy with my mom to buy the album the friday after it came out, bumped it so heavy. still have the physical cd and still bump it to this day. masterpiece.

Reading all of those rappers reactions

Only thing I can take away from it

Is Hip Hop desperately needs 50 Cent back to his old form.

Time flies but classics stay forever, can still bump this from start to finish and never get tired of it :smokin

Maaaaan, my second semester of sophomore year when this dropped, and there wasn't a single person who wasn't a 50 Cent fan. The only thing better than when this album dropped was the buildup to it when "Wanksta" was everywhere :pimp: Another example of a perfect single. The beat, the flow, and that glorious G-Unit booty in the red in slow motion :smh: :smh:

Incredible album that appealed to so many people. There really isn't a bad song on the album, and they easily could have released about eight songs as singles. It was that strong. I also maintain that if Magic Stick had made it on there, we're absolutely talking about it as one of the greatest rap albums of all time (even though I already think it is).

I remember I had my moms bring me to Best Buy to cop this joint my junior year of High School
laugh.gif
nthat.gif
. Got THE LAST copy in the whole store....even the chick that rung me up was surprised I found a copy.

Dat intro
nthat.gif

50 was the **** back then

Masterpiece.  50's a legend.

Hip hop was G-Unit from like 03-05.

Last edited:
This album could possibly be the best album of the 2000's. Every song bangs and it crossed every genre. You heard it everywhere and it's still just as good as when it first dropped. He'll never recapture this magic but who cares, this will always be his best album period. Gunna bump it tomorrow.

Album is a classic and I still play it often. The buzz he had at that point and for this album was ridiculous.

I still remember hearing the Intro transition into What Up Gangsta for the first time :wow: :pimp:

I was only 10 when it dropped but my Mom copped it for me because she knew how big of a fan I was.

Hearing What Up Gangsta for the first time ****** my whole **** up, you could just feel his ambition through the whole album. His come up combined with greatness of the album just made it into a movie. Many Men is one of my favorite songs of any genre, he just made you buy into him and his story beyond entertainment.

I remember listening to the whole album top to bottom for months. The production throughout was just so thorough.
50's songwriting was really the highlight, he just knew how to stay in the pocket on every joint, always a perfect hook.
I still know pretty much the whole thing by heart.

Back
Top Bottom