50 Cent's Get Rich Or Die Tryin turns 10 today

i was a freshman in college when this dropped. between this and diplomatic immunity...**** changed my life. i was out of state and being from queens, you couldn't tell a ***** ****. i'm from jamaica (queens), too so a ***** was like WHAT. WE HERE.

EVERYBODY had this **** playing in EVERY CAR. PERIOD. i'd be on the corner and a car would go by playing one part of a song and another car would go by playing another part of the same song, etc. etc.

and then the mixtapes...:smh:

damn i wish 50 would grab banks, yayo and get whoo kid to do drops/gunshots again.

Last edited:
HEAT will forever be my favorite 50 Cent song, I played that track to death and I can recite every word from the song and the skit :lol:

Not gonna lie, I wasnt on to 50 at first.

After the intro though :x (not counting the 4 second coin drop)

I burnt the CD from my main dude and bumped it non stop in 7th grade. Always on the bus before basketball games too. My basketball coach was a younger math teacher and he was kinda into rap and asked me one day...

"Hey do you have that half dollar CD?" :lol: picture a regular white dude asking me this when Im in air ones and that PHILA iverson throwback.

I made him a copy and I caught him hummin PIMP in practice a few days later.

think I was in the 10th grade when this dropped........**** went so hard....everybody ****** w/ this album

eek.gif
 Never knew dudes were getting murked on that tour. Anyone know who he was beefing with?

9th grade when this dropped...

EVERYBODY had this album

Then philly freeway & Diplomatic Immunity?

Great times :pimp:

This was the first cd(and last) I ever bought at Walmart. Didn't know they only sold clean versions. Had to hit up about 3 other places until I finally found an explicit copy.

This was the first cd(and last) I ever bought at Walmart. Didn't know they only sold clean versions. Had to hit up about 3 other places until I finally found an explicit copy.

My Grandma bought me Cam'Ron's 'Confessions of Fire' back in '98 from Walmart. To say that version sounds different from the regular version is an understatement :lol:

This was like CRACK for the Streets when GRODT dropped. He took the streets by a storm, next thing came was the G-Unit Gear that had the streets in a extra frenzy

Jesus 10 years flies by. I was 12 almost 13 I remember In da club on TRL every single day for like a month and 50 was everywhere. Glad I never copped that G unit tank :lol: :smh:

50 Cent mania was astounding. No rapper has come close shaking up the music world like that since.

Really good album but at the time I didn't understand why people called it a classic. It's probably a classic compared to the albums people put out today. But to be fair it did live up to the 50 cent hype.

Last edited:
One of the greatest rap albums of all time & had one of the greatest runs at the top from a rapper in 03-06 (in late '02 he had the north on smash already). NY rap was still alive & making noise everywhere at the time of his run too, Nyc still had hov nas d-block dipset & the rest of g-unit all doing their thing then. Once he lost to Yeezy in the showdown in '07 that was the end of his dominance. Rap went right into the direction of Kanye & never looked back. 50's run will always be appreciated by me tho.

Damn 10 though? Time flies.. Much appreciated though. The way 50 took over during that era was ridiculous, I don't think anyone will have that success like him.

Damn some of ya'll are old as hell talking about hearing this album in college and **** :lol:

I think this was the first album I actually owned, got it as a gift from my brother feels like just yesterday. I stayed bumping this. Will forever be a hip-hop classic.

One of the greatest rap albums of all time & had one of the greatest runs at the top from a rapper in 03-06 (in late '02 he had the north on smash already). NY rap was still alive & making noise everywhere at the time of his run too, Nyc still had hov nas d-block dipset & the rest of g-unit all doing their thing then. Once he lost to Yeezy in the showdown in '07 that was the end of his dominance. Rap went right into the direction of Kanye & never looked back. 50's run will always be appreciated by me tho.

I always felt he should have retired after losing to Kanye like he said. Imagine if he would have left the game after that and been just focused on managing artists and his business ventures. The world would have been thirsty for new 50 cent music. He could have once again created aheavy buzz for himself but is now stuck in limbo. Thats one of the 48 laws, you would think he knew better.

50 could make a comeback but he needs to stop dropping a millions singles that all suck and get no buzz

I still can't this is 10 yrs old, seems like yesterday I was sitting in the dorms bumping this freshman year at Penn State and going out to parties looking for some sloppy drunk box

was listening to this yesterday and it's so amazing. I know we all say it's a classic album but I don't think you full appreciate how good and how lively and aggressive and fierce the album was.

Makes you want to fight everybody...so good.

50 could make a comeback but he needs to stop dropping a millions singles that all suck and get no buzz

I still can't this is 10 yrs old, seems like yesterday I was sitting in the dorms bumping this freshman year at Penn State and going out to parties looking for some sloppy drunk box

He got rich and stop tryin'

Back
Top Bottom