52 Week Money Challenge vol. 2014.... Week 24 - 6/9

Def in. Been meaning to try this. I think I'm gonna start with a larger lump sum deposit for week 1, then deposit $10/week until week 10 and continue from there. 

went to go put gas in my truck with $80 

had some change

put week 1&2 in the jar
pimp.gif

I'm in, saved a lot more last year but then quite a bit went toward my new car. Going to keep this in cash for emergency purposes, might bump it up to $50-$100 per week though.

Think I'm gonna go the shoebox route also instead of actual bank depositing.
 Makes more sense. Bank tellers would get sick of you coming in every day depositing 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.... dollars :rofl:  

What are y'all from the stone age? Online transfer from checking to savings. I believe there's a monthly transfer limit of 6 though, not sure if it affects checking to savings.

Wanted to do this last year but stopped after week 5.

NOT THIS TIME!

I'm in.

I'm in this year. I think I'm going to upgrade my checking account so I get a free savings account with no minimum. If I was to upgrade my checking account will that change my account number?

I'm in this year. I think I'm going to upgrade my checking account so I get a free savings account with no minimum. If I was to upgrade my checking account will that change my account number?

Shouldn't change your routing number. I've had the same checking account for a couple years and Bank of America recently changed it from a student account to a different account, but my number stayed the same. Though it may differ depending on the bank

Im in. Ill do this in addition with saving to buy a house in Oct... Lets see how this goes

I'm doing it by removing money from my savings & putting it in a separate account I had created specifically for my 2014 savings, I'm doubling it & starting backward so I owe $104 today, and every Sunday until the end of the year.

I also have 4 other accounts I'm doing something somewhat similar with that I started last year. Finding creative ways to promote saving is what I'm all about. I manage my money well enough I'd say but this makes it FUN instead of a task. Happy savings everyone. Just remember to have an idea of what you want to do with the money going into the challenge

Humm I like the going backwards, maybe I'll do that!

I'm gonna open a AMEX savings account for this

That's what I use

Back
Top Bottom