52 Week Money Challenge vol. 2014.... Week 24 - 6/9

I'm in...it's about discipline. I just want to do it...maybe the habit will stay, start doing it with big boy bread when I grow up...like saving 1 for every week...wouldn't that be something...

Im in. Im gonna double the amount and start at 104. This will xover my '14 xmas shopping and maybe a nice fidt to myself

good luck all

Last edited:
Fifty two weeks for $1,378 >D

I could see if I were like.. 17...

This is more of a dicipline challange than anything, but dont fool youself into thinking this is a good way to save $1,378
not sure if serious. This is a Great way to save 1378. Not like this is an end all be all financial option for us. Just something to throw in on the side. "Rainy day" money. Cmon man.

Last edited:
Here's a tip.

Make more money.

Saving is cool and all, but if you plan on making more...

You get my drift.

Here's a tip.

Make more money.

You get my drift.

Honestly that's broke thinking...high income =\= financial health or stability. Saving is where it's at, however you have to learn how is better. Dudes be making millions but their net worths are negative.. Wealth is about Net Worth, rich is about high income...

Rich dad poor dad

Millionaire next door

You take those lessons, learn a lot about taxes and then you make your own plan

My biggest setback is discipline...when you're income v you bills are within a few hundred of each other...it's hard

Here's a tip.

Make more money.

You get my drift.

bro, you gotta save. Don't let that "im gonna blow it all, cause I cant Take it when im Gone" wiz khalifa bs brainwash you. You don't save, and plan for a future, you got nothing. Its not how much you make, its how much you save. 401ks, retirement plans, ect. Wheres all that swag gonna get you in 30+ years?

Gonna start this tomorrow, with direct deposit from my job it's gonna be easy to just transfer from checking to savings with my app.

:lol: @ thinking you have to go the bank teller physically to deposit 1 dollar.

Last edited:
I do $100 every paycheck.

This seems cool though. Most likely i'm going to do 100 a check, along with this system until the multiple gets to high for me. Then I just go back to the standard $100 a check.

I'm in!!!

Thats a great way to look at it. It makes it much simpler and fun. Im loving the going backwards method, its tough to put 50 bucks in every week in December with it being the holiday season. IM IN

Im gonna try to put $26 in every week plus whatever loose change thats in my pocket at the end of every night in a jar. NT let's get it

best_animated_images_car_jump_in.gif

Just made my week #1 transfer... Let's get it!

Edit: I am going to try to do this in multiples of $2 instead of the $1 on the list.  If it gets to be too much, I will adjust it to the original $1 multiples.

Last edited:
I like this idea for a year end trip funds. I just finished opening up an amex savings acct. Gotta try to be smarter with my money and stack more.

Why did you guys open up AMEX savings? I looked it up after seeing it mentioned here and it's only 0.85% APY. If I deposited 1k I'd only get $9 after a year.

I'm not looking at this as my main means of savings, just something on the side.

With that said, first deposit was made today.

I just did my first deposit but I did 21.00 im going to do 20.00 extra for the first 20 weeks so I can have an extra 400.00 at the end of the 52 weeks

Here's a tip.

Make more money.

You get my drift.
You must be making that Goldman Sachs money.

I'm not trying to come in on a high horse or anything, just giving advice that will actually help you get way ahead of this little chart.

Why not plan on making more money instead of planning on saving? Saving more is a residual effect of making more...

You get yourself a decent hustle and you can end up with 5 times that by the end of the year with a little more work than just making a deposit. But nobody wants to work more, right? Guess this is an easier route. Low risk/work, low reward.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom