52 Weeks Savings Challenge (2024 Edition)

Which challenge will you do?

• $1378

Votes: 10 11.1%
  • $2500

Votes: 13 14.4%
  • $5000

Votes: 19 21.1%
  • $7000

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • $10,000

Votes: 29 32.2%
  • Custom Challenge

Votes: 16 17.8%

• Total voters
Just an FYI / option for some of you guys... but if you have the means, try "working the system" with new accounts that offer sign-up bonuses. There are hundreds. I just opened a Chase Business Checking account last week, where I had to deposit $2500 - but if I keep it in there for 60 days, I get a $500 bonus. I also signed up for a new KeyBank checking account, where if I send one single $500 DD - I get a $400 bonus. So $900 in "free" money, so far.

Additionally, if you don't want to play the sign-up bonus "game" - you should at least try opening a High Yield Savings Account so that your money earns more than the 0.1% interest that most banks offer. Some of these accounts offer between 1.75-2% interest, which isn't huge... but its much better than 0.1%

"Just an FYI / option for some of you guys... but if you have the means, try "working the system" with new accounts that offer sign-up bonuses. There are hundreds. I just opened a Chase Business Checking account last week, where I had to deposit $2500 - but if I keep it in there for 60 days, I get a $500 bonus. I also signed up for a new KeyBank checking account, where if I send one single $500 DD - I get a $400 bonus. So $900 in "free" money, so far.

List Of Methods Banks Count As Direct Deposits - Doctor Of Credit
Below is a list of banks, along with what they’ll count as a direct deposit. This is useful information because a lot of bank sign up bonuses require you to make direct deposits to receive the sign up bonus. Changing where your paycheck is deposited can be frustrating and time consuming. We’ve...
www.doctorofcredit.com
www.doctorofcredit.com

financialpanther.com

The Ultimate Guide to Bank Account Bonuses - Financial Panther
One of the things I’ve gotten pretty good at over the years is figuring out ways to get great, risk-free rates of return on my non-invested cash. For years now, I’ve taken advantage of a little financial hack that allows me and my wife to earn a guaranteed 5% interest on up to $10,000 in …
financialpanther.com
financialpanther.com

Additionally, if you don't want to play the sign-up bonus "game" - you should at least try opening a High Yield Savings Account so that your money earns more than the 0.1% interest that most banks offer. Some of these accounts offer between 1.75-2% interest, which isn't huge... but its much better than 0.1% "

Curious how this impacts your credit scores when you open, take advantage of the bonus and then close the account? Can anyone give some accurate insight?

Curious how this impacts your credit scores when you open, take advantage of the bonus and then close the account? Can anyone give some accurate insight?

the Doctor Of Credit link explains each offer, whether they do a "soft pull" or a "hard pull". Most of these are not going to impact your credit much, as they are savings / checking accounts (and not credit cards).

Does anyone else use Acorns? - I started using it last year as a means of having a separate savings account.

Acorns - Free $250 w/ 4 referrals

Above is a link, they will give you $5 to sign up, and additional $250 after 4 referrals.

Great thread! Looking forward to seeing more savings ideas!

Let's Stack!
acorn is an investing tool not a savings tool big difference
been on it for about 2 yrs those cents do add up

Deposit every Friday and at the end of the month as well. Thinking of doubling what I throw in each week since I have extra money left to buy non-necessities

instead of Acorns, use PEI....u get rewards from stores/eateries you usually go anyways. plus you can get paid out via paypal or in bitcoin. bitcoin over the past 5yrs has outperformed the S&P and any other asset by 300+% and is on a tear this year....almost at 10k

PEI APP DOWNLOAD

**I've personally earned over $300+ using this app, and with the fluctuation of bitcoin, it would've been only around $165 if i only earned in USD. Something to consider. Only debit reward system I know that has Target, Dunkin, Chipotle, Starbucks, ChikFilA...pretty much my rotation right there.

pei-stores.png

pei.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom