6-17-23 - White/College Blue-Black - 5/21

I just got these in the mail today and they feel great in the feet. The only thing I have to complain about this style of the shoe is that it might get creased marks at the toe area. 

They look pretty good in person
smile.gif

These are nice, but like others above have said....its hard to drop any kind of $$$ of these with all the releases this year. Luckily I still have 2 pairs of the OG College Blue 17s. I do hope the 17s retro again. It would be nice to have more pairs of those. IMO a very underrated shoe.

These are nice, but like others above have said....its hard to drop any kind of $$$ of these with all the releases this year. Luckily I still have 2 pairs of the OG College Blue 17s. I do hope the 17s retro again. It would be nice to have more pairs of those. IMO a very underrated shoe.

I came across these by surprise the other night, and from a distance these are dead ringers for the XVII. I almost freaked! I was like...when the hell did they retro the XVII! I thought it was some sort of ridiculous QS release or something. Even though they're a mash-up shoe, they look pretty hot in this colorway. I wouldn't pay retail, but when they drop below $100 I'll probably pick up a pair. It will be my first fusion Jordan. They'll keep me modestly content until the real deal XVII eventually drop.

Of course, this begs a question...

Since the OG XVII cost $200, what will the retros cost? Do you think they'll keep it to $200, or try to jack up the price?

I came across these by surprise the other night, and from a distance these are dead ringers for the XVII. I almost freaked! I was like...when the hell did they retro the XVII! I thought it was some sort of ridiculous QS release or something. Even though they're a mash-up shoe, they look pretty hot in this colorway. I wouldn't pay retail, but when they drop below $100 I'll probably pick up a pair. It will be my first fusion Jordan. They'll keep me modestly content until the real deal XVII eventually drop.

Since the OG XVII cost $200, what will the retros cost? Do you think they'll keep it to $200, or try to jack up the price?

Originally Posted by MerkurPosite

I think all the added extras had a lot to do with the price (The suitcase, the CD, etc). If they were to retro, I think JB would be more along the lines of 175 (Just give us a regular Jordan box I could care less about the extras). I wish I remembered how well they moved back then but its been a long time. I know there where quite a few places that had a hard time moving them at that price. 
I own 4 pairs of OG XVIIs.....Aside from one pair of College Blues I purchased from a reseller, the other 3 were bought at random mom/pops years after they dropped. In fact I didnt pay more then 130 for any of the other pairs I own.

I am curious as to what Retro+ colorways we would get if they go that route next year.

I think all the added extras had a lot to do with the price (The suitcase, the CD, etc). If they were to retro, I think JB would be more along the lines of 175 (Just give us a regular Jordan box I could care less about the extras). I wish I remembered how well they moved back then but its been a long time. I know there where quite a few places that had a hard time moving them at that price. 
I own 4 pairs of OG XVIIs.....Aside from one pair of College Blues I purchased from a reseller, the other 3 were bought at random mom/pops years after they dropped. In fact I didnt pay more then 130 for any of the other pairs I own.

I am curious as to what Retro+ colorways we would get if they go that route next year.

Originally Posted by HipHopSince1980

If my memory serves correctly the white/college blues and black/metallics sat for a while at 200 but once they dropped to 150 they sold very well. I remember the white/red colorway selling the best at 200 but still many places had them for 150 after a few weeks but sizes were more limited than the other 2. All 3 pairs of lows sold extremely well and I hardly even remember the croc +.

Originally Posted by HipHopSince1980

If my memory serves correctly the white/college blues and black/metallics sat for a while at 200 but once they dropped to 150 they sold very well. I remember the white/red colorway selling the best at 200 but still many places had them for 150 after a few weeks but sizes were more limited than the other 2. All 3 pairs of lows sold extremely well and I hardly even remember the croc +.

Back
Top Bottom