Official get’cho *** up and **VOTE NOV 6th Thread** Vol. YES YOU MATTER

ready to flip that lever

oh that was in 04. :lol:

ready for the scranton. :nthat:

Voting blue

**** trump

Either way you vote you still lose.
8761F461-4B92-47CF-8C37-CAAA11FB0730.jpeg

I'm very wary of the govt. I can't fully articulate my views on it but it's fishy.
Didn't Hillary have more votes?

Popular votes, but you the need the electoral votes to win.

Im not a political buff, so you might wanna google that for correct factual information

I'm very wary of the govt. I can't fully articulate my views on it but it's fishy.
Didn't Hillary have more votes?

We have representatives from our states to cast our votes for us. Whoever gets the most votes isn't a deciding factor because some states have a larger population than others and it wouldn't be fair if elections were based on who got the most votes

Who knows. Population size is the just overly simplified explanation on why the electoral college was established

Whoever gets the most votes isn't a deciding factor because some states have a larger population than others and it wouldn't be fair if elections were based on who got the most votes

An election is supposed to be a popular vote. A popular vote means the population decides. Just because more people live in X state over Y state doesn't mean the people in X state should mean less than the people in Y state.

How is it possible that people (presumably) got through high school and don’t understand how voting in a presidential election works?

BTW, this ain’t a presidential election folks. There’s local amendments to vote on here (for all you smart dumb cats that say they only vote in local elections).

An election is supposed to be a popular vote. A popular vote means the population decides. Just because more people live in X state over Y state doesn't mean the people in X state should mean less than the people in Y state.

Popular vote does not dictate alone who wins the election. Electoral votes do. Electoral votes for each state are ased on the number of senators and members in the house which correspond to the size of the population

Last edited:
Popular vote does not dictate alone who wins the election. Electoral votes do. Electoral votes for each state are ased on the number of senators and members in the house which correspond to the size of the population

Popular vote should dictate who wins, because an election is supposed to be decided by the population.

If you look back at the Presidential election 1912, it looks like a landslide because Wilson received 82% of the electoral votes, but he actually only won 42% of the popular vote. He would have won if it was just a popular vote anyway since there were four major candidates running, but not by as a big of a margin as it looks with electoral votes. Same with 1980 when Reagan won 489 electoral votes (90%!) with 50.7% of the popular vote.

Popular vote is the fairest election of all, since each vote counts as one vote. Not even remotely the same as an electoral vote, since most states automatically give all their electoral votes to the person with the most votes within that state. All the votes for other candidates count for nothing. This is why you don't even need to win the most states, just the right states to get you over 270.

Here are some good reads on the topic:

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/11/...e-is-hated-by-many-so-why-does-it-endure.html

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation...ege-and-why-efforts-to-change-it-have-stalled

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...des-are-easier-to-win-than-popular-vote-ones/

see thats what i dont agree with... i understand electoral votes wins and not popular votes but it shouldnt be like that... this is exactly why im a pass on voting even though i registered because the popular vote dont matter... i only registered because my friend kept nagging me to register...

Back
Top Bottom