Toni Harris "I believe im going to be the first female NFL player"

99be80b0-948a-4c66-acc0-42e3dfe9e2b4-Toni_SuperBowl_4.jpg

Antoinette "Toni" Harris on Tuesday announced her decision to sign with the Central Methodist University (Fayette, Missouri) football team, making her the first female skill-position player to sign a letter of intent to play college football on a scholarship, according to the school.

Harris entered the national spotlight earlier this month when a Toyota commercial highlighting her journeyaired during the Super Bowl.

She most recently played safety for a community college in Los Angeles. Harris chose Central Methodist over five other offers, according to the university.

Harris, who was diagnosed with cancer in 2014 and went into remission a year later, said her goal is to one day play in the NFL.

“I feel like I keep doing what I’m doing and keep having faith in God, I can keep paving the way for little girls everywhere," Harris said in a story published in the Detroit Free Press earlier this month.

"I believe I’m going to be the first female NFL player. But if it just so happens that I’m not, I want to make sure there’s a way paved for the next little girl that can get there."

Man , power to her but I’d consider an option B quick. From a physicality standpoint can you image the backlash from taking her out on the field? I just don’t see this happening. Stats alone she’s d3/homeschool allstars level

Not to be on no sexist **** but this is silly to me

I'm well over 6ft, typically between 180 and 210 lb, I played FB in high school and got my **** ROCKED on the regular just on the basis of it being a rough *** contact sport

I cannot imagine this going well at all.

I also don’t want to come off as sexist but..........having never seen her play football, is this just a publicity stunt or what? I’m all for equal opportunity but it’s disingenuous if they are offering a D1 scholarship to a person if it’s not based on skill.

And I’m not even gonna be in the “well you never know” category, I’m just gonna flat out say that she’ll never play in the nfl at that size listed. That’s smaller than 98% of players on a roster, punters and kickers included.

First pro game she plays in would probably break rating records. Not too sure how long she would last though. Atleast shes not on offense

Back
Top Bottom