These 10 cities have the most aggressive drivers in the nation

GasBuddy, whose app has about 70 million downloads, analyzed data from an optional feature that helps users keep track of their driving habits and gives them suggestions on how to preserve fuel.

The analysts assessed the frequency of speeding, hard braking and swift acceleration to gauge aggressiveness.

The study, which examined the 30 largest metropolitan areas by population, concluded these 10 cities have the most aggressive drivers:

1. Los Angeles

2. Philadelphia

3. Sacramento, Calif.

4. Atlanta

5. San Francisco

6. San Diego

7. Orlando, Fla.

8. Detroit

9. Austin, Texas

10. Las Vegas

11. Charlotte

12. Pittsburgh

13. Phoenix

14. Boston

15. Dallas-Fort Worth

16. Chicago

17. Miami-Fort Lauderdale

18. Baltimore

19. Tampa-St. Petersburg

20. Washington, D.C.

21. San Antonio

22. Houston

23. New York

24. Kansas City

25. St. Louis

26. Denver

27. Portland, Ore.

28. Cincinnati

29. Seattle

30. Minneapolis-St

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/new...vers-in-the-nation/ar-BBUFsNf?ocid=spartanntp

Other interesting findings:

• Friday is the most aggressive driving day of the week.
  • Wednesday is the least aggressive driving day of the week.
  • LA and Philadelphia were the leaders in hard braking and rapid acceleration.
  • San Diego, Orlando and Detroit had the most speeding incidents.
  • Minneapolis is the least aggressive driving big city in the nation, ranking No. 30 of 30.

600198da-cf83-4efb-9ad1-f06ce297a561.png

Philly at 2?! Im guessing the Boulevard & Bustleton is making up alot of them stats then :lol: Cuz them 2 alone are some death traps

No way NY is at 23, you automatically have to start doing 90 once you hit the GW to match traffic. List is more the list of cities with people willing to let an app collect your driving data for free.

Which is weird because the app is only to list close close gas stations. I gotta get into the data business :smh:

Austin drivers aren't that bad. Houston has more aggressive drivers by far and San Antonio has THEE worst case of red-light-runners. And I've lived in each city for at least a year.

Last edited:
Sacramento drivers are a lot slower and passive than LA/SD. Driving in SF is weird because there arent a lot of freeways, where you tend to see people be the most aggressive.

thought Detroit would be 1 or 2. damn near afraid to cut anyone off in the city especially freeways, been too much shootings on the freeway and **** lately :smh: :smh:

Yeah y'all deserve that number one spot if that going down :lol:

I have never heard of that occurring anywhere

Baltimore should be higher, certain parts of the city aggressive is the default way to drive

ATL right where it should be, everything about driving is terrible down here

Sounds like he's referring to an intersection without the green arrow. If you have to wait until it's clear, it can be tricky.
I need to look up the rules on 4 way stop signs with multiple Lanes. I get thrown off and never look it up.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom