(7-9) Miami Dolphins 2010 Season Thread: WE SUCK! THANK GOD IT'S OVER!!!

[table][tr][td]CP1708[/td][td][/td][td]#1 [/td][td]http://[URL="http://[/color]"] [/color][/url][/td][td][-][/td][/tr][tr][td]
[url=http://cp1708.u.yuku.com/]

Registered Member

01/19/10 3:59 PM
[/td][td]
pimp.gif

Excellent. I wouldn't be sad if we went all defense in the draft to load that damn side of the ball up. Maybe pull a WR thru free agency.

MIAMI DOLPHINS

LA LAKERS

CHICAGO CUBS
[/td][/tr]
[/url][/table]
That's the 1st reply in this thread after finding out that we got Mike Nolan. Hmmmmmm  
http://niketalk.yuku.com/forum/getrefs/id/8058651/type/0

OmarKelly

For more than 48 hours the Dolphins had been working on finding a number other than 54 (Zach Thomas' #) for AJ Edds. It'll be interesting to know the outcome

laugh.gif
  Bill fillin his draft thru my posts.  Thief. 
laugh.gif

We aren't too far from June 1st cuts, then another month and camps start. 
pimp.gif

Yeah if they gave up Zach's number I would've had a problem. This regime needs to take accountability, stop disrespecting former Dolphin greats.

Originally Posted by h3at23

You would've had a problem with it? SHOCKER!
laugh.gif
You wouldn't? Zach has done more for this team than anyone currently on the roster, and is probably the 2nd best Dolphin defender ever, behind JT. He deserves a place in the Ring of Honor, and possibly retiring his #.

Tell ya where I stand on all this, if Henne could win me a super bowl, I would give him the 13 off my back. 

If 54 and 99 are required to make plays/tackles, give it to peeps. 

Marshall wants 83?  Let him have it. 

I don't care about yesterday, I care about today and tomorrow. 

I love Marino, Thomas, Taylor, and Clayton as Dolphins, but we need to win something, we can stand around and pat players on the back later. 

Just my way of seeing things. 

finnns2003 wrote:
h3at23 wrote:
laugh.gif

You wouldn't? Zach has done more for this team than anyone currently on the roster, and is probably the 2nd best Dolphin defender ever, behind JT. He deserves a place in the Ring of Honor, and possibly retiring his #.

My point was that you have a problem with basically everything Dolphins related.

You spent most of your time on the negatives and never really on the positives this team has done.

finnns2003 wrote:
h3at23 wrote:
laugh.gif

My point was that you have a problem with basically everything Dolphins related.

You spent most of your time on the negatives and never really on the positives this team has done.
I have my reasons. I'm not in Miami, I've defended the Phins since I was a kid. And all of these years watching other teams win, no #%@@ I'm a little tired of it. This team needs to get it in gear and win a championship. Almost a 40 year drought, and fans are getting restless. That's the nature of this business. I will agree with you CP, I do care about winning and success now. But right now, all we have is our history. Our '72 season. Our 5 AFC championships. #13's legacy.

Heat, if you spend anytime at all on Phins boards, you'll start to understand why me, or any other typical fan is a little restless with the team. I'm a diehard but I'm not going to take all these losing seasons and just
smile.gif
the whole time.

It takes a while to clean up after sh*tty regime after sh*tty regime. Look at the 2007 Roster, and see how many of those players are now out of league. 

The trifecta(Parcells,Sparano, Ireland)  have more credilbility than anyone the Dolphins had since probably Shula. Even Jimmy Johnson was a little clueless as a head guy,  especially when the NFL implemented the hard salary cap.

This current Dolphins team is the most exciting on paper in a long while. I don't see how you can't be optimistic.

Originally Posted by Dade B0Y

It takes a while to clean up after sh*tty regime after sh*tty regime. Look at the 2007 Roster, and see how many of those players are now out of league. 

The trifecta(Parcells,Sparano, Ireland)  have more credilbility than anyone the Dolphins had since probably Shula. Even Jimmy Johnson was a little clueless as a head guy,  especially when the NFL implemented the hard salary cap.

This current Dolphins team is the most exciting on paper in a long while. I don't see how you can't be optimistic.
I'm not trying to start an argument but Parcells has done !#%! in two decades, I don't care what his credibility is. He has failed to adapt to the modern NFL, a vertical NFL, and finally broke out of his cocoon trading for Marshall. He NEEDS to continue adapting for us to have success.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

finnns2003 wrote:
h3at23 wrote:
laugh.gif

I have my reasons. I'm not in Miami, I've defended the Phins since I was a kid. And all of these years watching other teams win, no #%@@ I'm a little tired of it. This team needs to get it in gear and win a championship. Almost a 40 year drought, and fans are getting restless. That's the nature of this business. I will agree with you CP, I do care about winning and success now. But right now, all we have is our history. Our '72 season. Our 5 AFC championships. #13's legacy.

Heat, if you spend anytime at all on Phins boards, you'll start to understand why me, or any other typical fan is a little restless with the team. I'm a diehard but I'm not going to take all these losing seasons and just
smile.gif
the whole time.

Yes, I go to must of the Fins boards and no one likes losing but even though it's the Miami Dolphins by name, it's a different team with each regime.
I like what this regime has done so far. We went from 1-15 to 11-5. Last season we almost made the playoffs even with thee worst schedule and injuries EVERYWHERE. Injuries just were to much to overcome. If we had a healthier team, and even with thee hardest schedule, we'd be in the playoffs and you'd be singing a different song. 

You have to put all that into account and not just the record. You can't blame last year's injuries and schedule on this regime.

Has this regime made some mistakes? No question but what team hasn't?

I'm not trying to start an argument but Parcells has done !#%! in two decades, I don't care what his credibility is.

You're right. He's only turn a current Cowboys team into a championship contender and IS turning this team into a contender (like it or not).

Let's do this finns, give them a season or two and if they're not becoming a good contending football team, I'll lead the "G-T-F-O Campaign".

And to the jet troll throwing shots at Fin fans, you only get half a bar. !+$! yall %$@$@#
laugh.gif

This is still a rebuilding process. I'm still in favor of the moves that Parcells is making. He is establishing the tools for a good run. This isn't an overnight thing, but with patience, we will be twice as deadly as any team you've ever seen in a rebuilding process.

I agree that we've had it tough with injuries. For this same reason, we need to have a no tolerance policy. Counting on guys like Ronnie, Ferguson, Pennington, etc. is asking for trouble. I like some of the young core we've established. Davis, Long, Langford, Starks, and Henne seem to be a good core to have. But picks such as White, Turner, Nalbone, Odrick are the picks that sort of counter that. Then throw in the Wilfords, Wilsons, and handling of JT/Roth/Porter and you start to have a problem with what is going on.

No tolerance policy???? Odrick???? I'm done!  Nothing's getting through and it's not worth it

No tolerance policy???? Odrick???? I'm done!  Nothing's getting through and it's not worth it
laugh.gif
Dude you're totally confusing the points. I honestly don't know why you're getting so upset. The "trifecta" has openly talked about a no tolerance policy with injuries, where have you been? The players even touched on how guys hide injuries so they don't get benched. That's what I was referring to.

And as for Odrick, he may be a great player but a LOT of Phins fans did not like missing out on Dan Williams. Again, don't know why you're getting so upset.

Upset? No. I feel like you just dont look at the whole picture and only look at the negatives.  How do I say this in a nice way? Ok, I'm not saying you're a female but it's like listining to a female only point out the negatives in their relationship but never point out the positives. Once again, not calling you a girlie girl or trying to disrespect because I like you but I'm just saying.

But enough with this subject.

[h3]Four months out, a QB list to fight over[/h3]
By Tim Graham

Too hard to ignore a set of quarterback ratings. Even in May.

Andy Benoit, the founder of NFLTouchdown.com and a frequent contributor to "The Fifth Down" blog at NYTimes.com, produced his list of the top-10 quarterbacks and a few who just missed the cut.

Benoit found just two AFC East quarterbacks worthy of mention.

Benoit's list:

1. Peyton Manning

2. Tom Brady

3. Drew Brees

4. Ben Roethlisberger

5. Brett Favre

6. Philip Rivers

7. Aaron Rodgers

8. Eli Manning

9. Carson Palmer

10. Donovan McNabb

Only one quarterback made the list of near-misses, and it might surprise you. Along with Tony Romo, Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco he mentioned Chad Henne.

On Henne, Benoit writes: "OK, no one is wondering why he's not in the top 10. But this is an opportunity to mention that he will be among the elite soon."

53610523.jpg

53610501.jpg
53610483.jpg

53610492.jpg
53610495.jpg

53610488.jpg
53610448.jpg

53610447.jpg
53610399.jpg

53610401.jpg

Good to see Nolan out there, I imagine some much better scheming this season. Paul P. was god awful.

Thas what I'm sayin.  Nolan alone might be the best move we made all year after the Marshall deal. 

Giving him a roster full of young players on D for him to teach and develop before they get lazy/bad habits from other bad coaches is a GREAT look. 

I can't wait for this season to get here, and see how it all plays out.  I wanna see big jumps from Henne, Davis, Smith, the additions of Marsh and Dansby, a solid solid year from the O line, and some good health from our 2 backs.  And if the rookies can make an impact more then we expect.......
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Thas what I'm sayin.  Nolan alone might be the best move we made all year after the Marshall deal. 

Giving him a roster full of young players on D for him to teach and develop before they get lazy/bad habits from other bad coaches is a GREAT look. 

I can't wait for this season to get here, and see how it all plays out.  I wanna see big jumps from Henne, Davis, Smith, the additions of Marsh and Dansby, a solid solid year from the O line, and some good health from our 2 backs.  And if the rookies can make an impact more then we expect.......
pimp.gif

1)Beast
   2a) Nolan 2b) Dansby
   3)Draft that will go down as a very good one. Atleast 6 potential starters by yr 3
   4)Incognito (dont sleep on him. 1 tough SoB)

My Projected 53-Man Roster:

Offense

Quarterback: Chad Henne / Tyler Thigpen / Chad Pennington

Runnung Back: Ronnie Brown / Ricky Williams / Lex Hilliard/ Kory Sheets    (IR Patrick Cobbs)

Fullback: Lousaka Polite

Wide Receiver: Brandon Marshall / Davone Bess

Wide Receiver:  Brian Hartline / Greg Camarillo / Patrick Turner

Tight End: Anthony Fasano / Joey Haynos

Left Tackle: Jake Long / Andrew Gardner

Left Guard:  John Jerry / Nate Garner

Center: Jake Grove / Joe Berger

Right Guard: Richie Incognito / Donald Thomas

Right Tackle: Vernon Carey

Defense

Left Defensive End: Kendall Langford / Tony McDaniel / Lionel Dotson

Nose Tackle: Randy Starks / Paul Soliai / Jason Ferguson

Right Defensive End: Jared Odrick / Philip Merling

Weakside Outside Linebacker: Cameron Wake/ Quentin Moses

Mike Inside Linebacker: Karlos Dansby/ A.J. Edds

Moe Inside Linebacker: Tim Dobbins/ Channing Crowder/ Reggie Torbor

Strongside Outside Linebacker: Koa Misi / Charlie Anderson

Left Side Cornerback:  Sean Smith/ Nolan Carroll

Right Side Cornerback: Vontae Davis/ Will Allen / Jason Allen

Free Safety: Reshad Jones/ Tyrone Culver

Strong Safety: Yeremiah Bell/ Chris Clemons

Place Kicker: Dan Carpenter

Punter: Brandon Fields

Long Snapper: John Denney

Practice Squad

Chris McCoy/ Austin Spitler/ Roberto Wallace/ Ryan Grice-Mullen/ AJ Wallace/ Travis Ivey/ Vince Oghobaase/ Jonathan Amaya

Back
Top Bottom