Originally Posted by washanobotit

Originally Posted by welcome2jungle

Lakers might go 73-9 this year yea i said it
Western Conference is weak as hell and their schedule is weak also

Schedule is weak?
roll.gif
 this aint the NFL. NBA teams play every team... twice at least
laugh.gif

West teams play east teams twice a year only.

West team play west teams 3, maybe 4 times a year.

Originally Posted by washanobotit

Lakers might go 73-9 this year yea i said it
Western Conference is weak as hell and their schedule is weak also

Schedule is weak?
roll.gif
 this aint the NFL. NBA teams play every team... twice at least
laugh.gif

West teams play east teams twice a year only.

West team play west teams 3, maybe 4 times a year.

that record can be broken if they don't rest players, the 95-96 bulls lost to 3 good teams that year, and the rest of the teams they lost to were 500 and lower I can see the lakers reaching 67+ this year.

that record can be broken if they don't rest players, the 95-96 bulls lost to 3 good teams that year, and the rest of the teams they lost to were 500 and lower I can see the lakers reaching 67+ this year.

...what conference was the team from that beat the team to beat...Western
roll.gif
...eastern unbeaten Hawks...western NO/LA...no comparison..but it's still early anything can happen...Kobe 2-3peat...

...what conference was the team from that beat the team to beat...Western
roll.gif
...eastern unbeaten Hawks...western NO/LA...no comparison..but it's still early anything can happen...Kobe 2-3peat...

Lakers got the bench this year to get this done and they got the coach if Phil Jackson wants his record broke he will break it this year..
If Lakers start 41-3 at all star break they goin for that record

indifferent.gif

Lakers got the bench this year to get this done and they got the coach if Phil Jackson wants his record broke he will break it this year..
If Lakers start 41-3 at all star break they goin for that record

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by GregOdensBedpan

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

No. But it doesn't stop people from creating these threads every damn
season until the last team with a great start to the season gets enough
losses to shut them up and tuck their tales between their legs until the
next season where they do the same thing again.

The 05-06 Pistons were on their way to break 72-10 more than halfway
through the season, they were 37-5 at one point and they finished closer
to 60 than 70.

Yup. I don't think it's about teams not caring or trying. It's a combination of things. It's a record that quite possibly will never be touched but yet it's thrown around by the media (and then the kids) like it has a chance every single year of happening. It's not even on the radar for me for things to potentially see in a given year.

Here is the bottom line: Only two teams (MJ's 95-96 team and 96-97 team) have gotten past the 67-win mark since the beginning of the 70's. Yet you have media people who think it's actually worthwhile to spend their time saying the Heat could go 73-9 or better.

that 96-97 team is always overlooked.. almost repeating a 70 win season the year after is truly remarkable. ( 69-13 )

Not by me. In fact, I think it will be tougher for a team to average over 70 wins over two seasons than break 72-10.

to 60 than 70.

Yup. I don't think it's about teams not caring or trying. It's a combination of things. It's a record that quite possibly will never be touched but yet it's thrown around by the media (and then the kids) like it has a chance every single year of happening. It's not even on the radar for me for things to potentially see in a given year.

Here is the bottom line: Only two teams (MJ's 95-96 team and 96-97 team) have gotten past the 67-win mark since the beginning of the 70's. Yet you have media people who think it's actually worthwhile to spend their time saying the Heat could go 73-9 or better.

that 96-97 team is always overlooked.. almost repeating a 70 win season the year after is truly remarkable. ( 69-13 )

Not by me. In fact, I think it will be tougher for a team to average over 70 wins over two seasons than break 72-10.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

to 60 than 70.

man, i disagree with alot of your laker/kobe related opinions but i just thought about what you posted.  the 95-96 and 96-97 bulls averaged 70.5 wins a season over 2 seasons. that is tougher and more impressive to me imo the dominating the league for one season.  it's crazy how good that 96-97 team was and how they followed up the 95-96 team.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

to 60 than 70.

man, i disagree with alot of your laker/kobe related opinions but i just thought about what you posted.  the 95-96 and 96-97 bulls averaged 70.5 wins a season over 2 seasons. that is tougher and more impressive to me imo the dominating the league for one season.  it's crazy how good that 96-97 team was and how they followed up the 95-96 team.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

As much as I dislike Laker fans, I think this years Lakers are certainly capable of pulling off a 67+ win season. They have a very good team that may be deeper than the last 2 title winning teams, they are in a terrible division, the West is weaker than in years prior, etc. Do I think they'll win 70? No...its just too tough for any team to do due to the reasons listed above (schedule, motivation, resting players at the end of the season, etc) but I think if this years Lakers really wanted it they could finish with close to 70.

Agree 1000% especially the 4-7 words

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

As much as I dislike Laker fans, I think this years Lakers are certainly capable of pulling off a 67+ win season. They have a very good team that may be deeper than the last 2 title winning teams, they are in a terrible division, the West is weaker than in years prior, etc. Do I think they'll win 70? No...its just too tough for any team to do due to the reasons listed above (schedule, motivation, resting players at the end of the season, etc) but I think if this years Lakers really wanted it they could finish with close to 70.

Agree 1000% especially the 4-7 words

I hope that record never falls.  I'm not a Bulls fan, but that team was so special.  I remember the 04-05 Suns were 30-3 at one point, only to finish 62-20.

I hope that record never falls.  I'm not a Bulls fan, but that team was so special.  I remember the 04-05 Suns were 30-3 at one point, only to finish 62-20.

*im not a fan of any team im a fan of the spread and teams who like to cover it
*you dummies clearly know nuthin bout Nba schedules
-schedule is weak cause the Western Conference is weak as it gets this year just like the East was weak last year reason why Lebron was winning 60 + games so eazy
even Marv Albert said "Lakers have the fewest back 2 back games out of all the the teams in nba"
and i say it again like it or not If Phil Jackson wants to break his record this year he can get it done
what teams in western conference has a legit chance to beat La this year????
Once Bynum come back its gonna be very hard for La to take a lost
grin.gif
73-9 Lakers

*im not a fan of any team im a fan of the spread and teams who like to cover it
*you dummies clearly know nuthin bout Nba schedules
-schedule is weak cause the Western Conference is weak as it gets this year just like the East was weak last year reason why Lebron was winning 60 + games so eazy
even Marv Albert said "Lakers have the fewest back 2 back games out of all the the teams in nba"
and i say it again like it or not If Phil Jackson wants to break his record this year he can get it done
what teams in western conference has a legit chance to beat La this year????
Once Bynum come back its gonna be very hard for La to take a lost
grin.gif
73-9 Lakers

lakers look unbeatable and they don't even have bynum.

beating 72-10 is very possible. the lakers just gotta want it.

lakers look unbeatable and they don't even have bynum.

beating 72-10 is very possible. the lakers just gotta want it.

It is not something to chase... That is why only fans look at it and players/coaches don't..

You have 2 mediocre/bad weeks in one season and you have basically no chance at it......

It is not something to chase... That is why only fans look at it and players/coaches don't..

You have 2 mediocre/bad weeks in one season and you have basically no chance at it......

I think people forget that the Bulls were resting people too - they lost quite a few games near the end. A lot of teams get to 65 and get all giddy - the Bulls were talking about it not being important and wanting the championship - and let it happen. I'm pretty sure they would rather have had 65 wins than not win a ring.

I think people forget that the Bulls were resting people too - they lost quite a few games near the end. A lot of teams get to 65 and get all giddy - the Bulls were talking about it not being important and wanting the championship - and let it happen. I'm pretty sure they would rather have had 65 wins than not win a ring.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

Well...has anyone actually had a close chance to being 72-10?

These teams sit their starters at the end of the season because they already have more than 10 losses....

this thread sucks...

in 2007 Dallas went 67-15
& What happen to them

Back
Top Bottom