72-10 Record

Jim Rome 2day has spoke on the topic was 72-10 that ball is beginning to roll
ill be back to post if they got 8-0 until then peace

That '07 Mavs team actually started the season 0-4. They then went on a 52-5 stretch or something like that...crazy that they won 67 games that season still after that start.

That '07 Mavs team actually started the season 0-4. They then went on a 52-5 stretch or something like that...crazy that they won 67 games that season still after that start.

Originally Posted by 81ackMamba

15-1 > 72-10

but not really

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by welcome2jungle

I got 100 bucks pay-pal saying LA doesn't win more the 65. Lets go

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by GregOdensBedpan

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

No. But it doesn't stop people from creating these threads every damn
season until the last team with a great start to the season gets enough
losses to shut them up and tuck their tales between their legs until the
next season where they do the same thing again.

The 05-06 Pistons were on their way to break 72-10 more than halfway
through the season, they were 37-5 at one point and they finished closer
to 60 than 70.

Yup. I don't think it's about teams not caring or trying. It's a combination of things. It's a record that quite possibly will never be touched but yet it's thrown around by the media (and then the kids) like it has a chance every single year of happening. It's not even on the radar for me for things to potentially see in a given year.

Here is the bottom line: Only two teams (MJ's 95-96 team and 96-97 team) have gotten past the 67-win mark since the beginning of the 70's. Yet you have media people who think it's actually worthwhile to spend their time saying the Heat could go 73-9 or better.

that 96-97 team is always overlooked.. almost repeating a 70 win season the year after is truly remarkable. ( 69-13 )

Not by me. In fact, I think it will be tougher for a team to average over 70 wins over two seasons than break 72-10.
man, i disagree with alot of your laker/kobe related opinions but i just thought about what you posted.  the 95-96 and 96-97 bulls averaged 70.5 wins a season over 2 seasons. that is tougher and more impressive to me imo the dominating the league for one season.  it's crazy how good that 96-97 team was and how they followed up the 95-96 team.

If I'm not mistaken, the 96-97 Bulls team even jumped out to a better start than the previous season's team that won 72 games. Very impressive feat
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by GregOdensBedpan

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

No. But it doesn't stop people from creating these threads every damn
season until the last team with a great start to the season gets enough
losses to shut them up and tuck their tales between their legs until the
next season where they do the same thing again.

The 05-06 Pistons were on their way to break 72-10 more than halfway
through the season, they were 37-5 at one point and they finished closer
to 60 than 70.

Yup. I don't think it's about teams not caring or trying. It's a combination of things. It's a record that quite possibly will never be touched but yet it's thrown around by the media (and then the kids) like it has a chance every single year of happening. It's not even on the radar for me for things to potentially see in a given year.

Here is the bottom line: Only two teams (MJ's 95-96 team and 96-97 team) have gotten past the 67-win mark since the beginning of the 70's. Yet you have media people who think it's actually worthwhile to spend their time saying the Heat could go 73-9 or better.

that 96-97 team is always overlooked.. almost repeating a 70 win season the year after is truly remarkable. ( 69-13 )

Not by me. In fact, I think it will be tougher for a team to average over 70 wins over two seasons than break 72-10.
man, i disagree with alot of your laker/kobe related opinions but i just thought about what you posted.  the 95-96 and 96-97 bulls averaged 70.5 wins a season over 2 seasons. that is tougher and more impressive to me imo the dominating the league for one season.  it's crazy how good that 96-97 team was and how they followed up the 95-96 team.

If I'm not mistaken, the 96-97 Bulls team even jumped out to a better start than the previous season's team that won 72 games. Very impressive feat
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Bleezys and Heem

That's not even worth betting on. Lakers always manage to lose teams they're not suppost to, have losing streaks ETC.

Phil Jackson has no intentions of trying to break his own damn record and I'm sure him and the Lakers can care less about it when they're trying to 3-Peat.

REAL Laker fans know it will most likely not happen either. Regardless of how well they're playing.

This is why being undefeated is not such a good thing. Whenever we lose everyone's going to make a big deal about it.

Originally Posted by Bleezys and Heem

That's not even worth betting on. Lakers always manage to lose teams they're not suppost to, have losing streaks ETC.

Phil Jackson has no intentions of trying to break his own damn record and I'm sure him and the Lakers can care less about it when they're trying to 3-Peat.

REAL Laker fans know it will most likely not happen either. Regardless of how well they're playing.

This is why being undefeated is not such a good thing. Whenever we lose everyone's going to make a big deal about it.

Originally Posted by dn0774

And lost in the first round.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dn0774

And lost in the first round.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom