8 Deadly shootings - Atlanta - Looks like Asians were targeted.

Not sure why everyone is offended about a difference in opinion. Sucks that folks lost their lives but black life is being attacked literally even prior to birth. Just look at who has the highest infant mortality rate in the country. Do the research on why it is so high. Time and time again we’ve been shown that black folks have no true allies against white supremacy, we are in this by ourselves and even some of our own aren’t to be trusted. Folks want to use faux solidarity when white supremacy affects their community, yet any other time they are agents of white supremacy and cultural appropriation. What happened here is tragic but this narrative of the black community coming together in solidarity with any other minorities is BS. We don’t owe anyone else a thing.

Time and place man, when they do it at our incidents, wounds still fresh, it's not a good feeling. Is it crazy to ask folks to be better than white supremacists and self hating non-whites?

Plus ya'll got set off by a rando, is it that easy?

took some gymnastics but, "liberals" want to ban certain guns and restrict access to others. maybe the threat of these policies have increased the urgency of racist pieces of **** to carry out their fantasies.
"we better go ahead and do it before we can't get guns anymore"
This flies in the face of one of the main arguments against gun control, which is that "criminals don't care about laws." Then again, you also noted you weren't serious.

Let's call it what it is: a terrorist attack fueled by a certain kind of Christian ideology, which isn't far removed from the kind of the well-known extremism we find in certain interpretations of Islam.

Not sure why everyone is offended about a difference in opinion. Sucks that folks lost their lives but black life is being attacked literally even prior to birth. Just look at who has the highest infant mortality rate in the country. Do the research on why it is so high. Time and time again we’ve been shown that black folks have no true allies against white supremacy, we are in this by ourselves and even some of our own aren’t to be trusted. Folks want to use faux solidarity when white supremacy affects their community, yet any other time they are agents of white supremacy and cultural appropriation. What happened here is tragic but this narrative of the black community coming together in solidarity with any other minorities is BS. We don’t owe anyone else a thing.
There are times in the course of History when being indifferent the the events surrounding us might as well mean siding with oppressive forces.

Asians from from the indian subcontinent and the Arabic peninsula felt it around 9/11 (prior to that, a very significant number of them would identify as conservatives and align with Republicans), and now, it's the turn of those folks from the Eastern part of the continent.

The one thing that remains true is that there's one group that will benefit from indifference, and that's the people who supported Trump in 2020, who supported the coup attempt of Jan 6th, and who find it possible to humanize white terrorists in front of cameras.

Here we are, once again, with white supremacists who have decided that they will resort to violence in order to establish the legitimacy of their ideas since they couldn't do it through popular consensus. Anyone who plans to live in these United States and enjoy all their rights as citizens better understand that they can't afford to be indifferent.

Exactly, I stated in this thread earlier.

My fellow ASIANS, do it on our own, you dont need anyones help or anyones acceptance.

You dont need to feel pity or the need for people to relate to the current plight.

Whatever stereotypes are out there, they are just stereotypes. It's not set in stone.

You feel like, No one wants to help, who cares, we can help ourselves.

AND its ok to help others even if they dont want to help you.

People dont owe you for helping them and vice versa.

In the end, Its on you to help yourself.

If someone says something that hurts you, oh well.

You cant live life letting everything bother you, just focus on the important stuff.

Like those actually wanting to help and support your cause.

#PromoGawd

I get what you’re saying my guy however in my opinion that’s playing respectability politics. We all have seen how callous every other community can be toward the loss of black life. Why is it that we perpetually get the **** end of the stick yet we’re expected to maintain moral high ground above all else. **** that. We don’t owe anyone a thing but ourselves. Again, it is sad for these individuals to lose their lives like this however the narratives being pushed by American media of racial solidarity is utter garbage.

What happened here is tragic but this narrative of the black community coming together in solidarity with any other minorities is BS. We don’t owe anyone else a thing.
Don’t think it’s a narrative. The same white supremacist structure that led to Akai Gurley’s murder or Latasha Harlins murder is the same insidious structure of white supremacy that led to these heinous crimes or any other type of violence that we see against Asian Americans. It’s all inextricably linked. Sure, we don’t owe anyone anything. But there’s no defeating white supremacy without everyone.

I get what you’re saying my guy however in my opinion that’s playing respectability politics. We all have seen how callous every other community can be toward the loss of black life. Why is it that we perpetually get the **** end of the stick yet we’re expected to maintain moral high ground above all else. **** that. We don’t owe anyone a thing but ourselves. Again, it is sad for these individuals to lose their lives like this however the narratives being pushed by American media of racial solidarity is utter garbage.
Can't really rock with either of these takes.

No one is saying black people owe anyone anything. But if someone is interested in truly defeating white supremacy, there needs to be some sort of solidarity across race and class lines

I don't really think the argument because some in other communities are not interested in it, that is a valid reason for everyone in your community not to be interested in it.

That comes off as very misguided

Last edited:
Can't really rock with either of these takes.

No one is saying black people owe anyone anything. But if someone is interested in truly defeating white supremacy, there needs to be some sort of solidarity across race and class lines

And we'll all come together like Voltron!

So, who is going to get upset when theyre not the "head?"

Cant come together unless each individual/class/race figures it out on their own first.

My views are my views and they have been shaped by my reality. I do not care if anyone else disagrees. The fact of the matter is for every black male posting in here, our lives are endangered at every step from birth. I am concerned with that and that alone. Does that mean that I cannot have empathy for the lives lost in a tragedy such as this? Nope. Does that mean that I should take the moral high ground and stand by the same Asian community that is currently utilizing white supremacy to blame blacks as a whole for the attacks happening to their elderly. Hell no.

But there’s no defeating white supremacy without everyone.
I'd like to think this, but it's not going to happen. Remember, people did not join Black people in the fight against jim crow, until it became publicized. Once the shame of those water hoses and dogs being sicc'd on us hit the airwaves, only then did the others decide that what was going on, was wrong. Much like with the Obama Presidency, after the March On Washington, people thought that racism against Black people would be dealt with. However, the Japanese got reparations, and Washington D.C. has assisted in obtaining nazi war criminals.

Once people that supposedly helped us gain satisfaction? They forget about us.

I do not think that we should forget that.

My views are my views and they have been shaped by my reality. I do not care if anyone else disagrees. The fact of the matter is for every black male posting in here, our lives are endangered at every step from birth. I am concerned with that and that alone. Does that mean that I cannot have empathy for the lives lost in a tragedy such as this? Nope. Does that mean that I should take the moral high ground and stand by the same Asian community that is currently utilizing white supremacy to blame blacks as a whole for the attacks happening to their elderly. Hell no.

No one is demanding YOU specifically to stand with anyone.

You can do and say whatever you want.

You dont have to feel guilty about not taking a moral high ground, its ok.

Seems like you are using a massive strawman to rationalize your stance.

And cool, don't care if someone disagrees. You are entitled to your opinion, no one is saying you're not, so everyone else is too. Even opinions about your opinions. And of course, vice versa.

Don't forget, Black people in america are the only people who will never attain any sort of white privilege, not one inch of it.

I do not think that I can, or ever will stomach someone's success in this world, simply because they do not identify as being Black.

Thread went several pages without it, then one random poster with less than 1k posts and no history beyond this thread pops up and that's the starting point you chose. I understand folks are angry so I won't even press it, but at some point you gotta see where your own head is at.

Maybe wait a few more pages. Just going off what happened to the last couple threads.

I'd like to think this, but it's not going to happen.
Then white supremacy will remain undefeated. Pretty simple. Black people aren’t defeating white supremacy alone. It’s impossible. I’m not even telling brothers that their anger isn’t merited or worthy — it should just be targeted at white supremacy.

Remember, people did not join Black people in the fight against jim crow, until it became publicized.
That shows you how powerful white supremacy is, no?
I do not think that we should forget that.
Again, no one is saying to forget anything. But if the goal is actually defeating white supremacy, then it isn’t achievable without all marginalized people. Period.

Don't forget, Black people in america are the only people who will never attain any sort of white privilege, not one inch of it.

I do not think that I can, or ever will stomach someone's success in this world, simply because they do not identify as being Black.

You dont know that. Anything can happen.

Yeah dont worry about other peoples success, it will just make you jealous.

Stay focused.

Then white supremacy will remain undefeated. Pretty simple. Black people aren’t defeating white supremacy alone. It’s impossible. I’m not even telling brothers that their anger isn’t merited or worthy — it should just be targeted at white supremacy.

That shows you how powerful white supremacy is, no?

Again, no one is saying to forget anything. But if the goal is actually defeating white supremacy, then it isn’t achievable without all marginalized people. Period.
I disagree with your last point, because I know how well the bus boycott's worked. White people only respect two things, blood? And Money. Hit them in their pockets, they capitulate. We can totally weaken this economy, cripple it, if Black people alone boycotted all things white related.

I disagree with your last point, because I know how well the bus boycott's worked. White people only respect two things, blood? And Money. Hit them in their pockets, they capitulate. We can totally weaken this economy, cripple it, if Black people alone boycotted all things white related.

Start the movement.

Promote it here!

You dont know that. Anything can happen.

Yeah dont worry about other peoples success, it will just make you jealous.

Stay focused.
I DO know that. If everyone knew how and why the laws were created against Black people owning land, owning ourselves even? You'd know that they've never meant for us to survive this system of oppression. We built this country, and the economy that supports it was built on the backs of our ancestors. Nobody as a group, has worked harder than that of Black people. Do not misunderstand righteous anger, with jealousy.

Black people have every right to be pissed off, wanting this whole thing to burn.

The system is much broader than what you’re simplifying it too and the US is even more complex than it was in 1960 from a demographic standpoint. Boycotts aren’t defeating white supremacy, with all due respect. The system is pervasive. From the education system, to homeowner loans, to employment, to environmental racism, to reproductive justice, to mass incarceration. You can’t even boil it down to blood and money. You literally need everyone to defeat the system. A Black economic boycott alone cannot undo this harm or free of from current and future harm either.

Back
Top Bottom