8 Year Car Lease = Real Life

al audi al audi Detroit. This young dude I did know that had a 09ish range traded it in for a challenger tho. Only dudes riding foreign are the scammers for real and most of them don't. Like I've never seen this ******ed logic of 35k a year people leasing luxury whips, thank God I haven't.

different area, i know what Detroit likes i have family out there

3, C, a4 and IS are leased all the time up in my area

Last edited:
Those sheets are rubbish most of the time, what car was that?

Those sheets are rubbish most of the time, what car was that?

Why are they rubbish? Different for everyone right?

A left over 15 Q50 with premium and Navigation package. I'm trying to get this customer to come in ASAP cause the 16s are going up by a 100 a month [emoji]128553[/emoji]

Cause I went to a few dealerships last month go look at the same car and they were trying to finesse me. That's why from now on I did my calculations before hand cause they always try to sneak something in that makes the price go up.

No, but like I said (and like the article insinuates) people aren't able to because they want to have fun now instead of planning for later. 41% that CAN'T retire is a pretty big number, especially considering Social Security is only about $1500/mo. per person.
Social security is only $1500/month...Where are you getting these calculations from?  Every single person is completely different...

Cause I went to a few dealerships last month go look at the same car and they were trying to finesse me. That's why from now on I did my calculations before hand cause they always try to sneak something in that makes the price go up.

Gotcha

I'm going to do my research, my credit took a hit but I'm paid up all over now.

I already know I'm going to get "well.......this is the thing."

Leasing makes more sense when you own a business or are invested in a partnership that leases a car on your behalf. Might as well make use of the tax code to your benefit. Otherwise I agree financing is smart unless you have a lot of disposable cash and a large income where the lease and insurance costs you 5% of your yearly post tax salary or less. Thus **** why not if that is what you want to indulge in. At the end of the day let people make the dumb mistakes, let the dealers finance them their loans because we are an economy that's driven by consumer spending. Someone is benefiting and expanding the economy for everyone.

Here is my thing an I've been going back and forth on it. Maintaining a car.

Cars lose value anyways and most ppl want new cars as time goes by, I do not plan on driving a CPO for 10 years. If I was going to get a Honda again I wouldn't care but right now I'm pretty much dead set on 2017 a4 I've already contacted local dealers. If I do CPO I'm going to want something new later or not wanna deal with maintaining.

No, but like I said (and like the article insinuates) people aren't able to because they want to have fun now instead of planning for later. 41% that CAN'T retire is a pretty big number, especially considering Social Security is only about $1500/mo. per person.
Social security is only $1500/month...Where are you getting these calculations from?  Every single person is completely different...
OK, I'm wrong. The average is actually much lower. Even if you made a decent amount throughout your career, you're only maxing out at about $30,000/yr with the average being $15,480, and that MAX would mean you're making a really good income right out of the gate.
more than 42.5 million Social Security recipients get retirement benefits, and with the government making about $55 billion in monthly payments, that amounts to an average of $1,290 per month for every person getting Social Security benefits on a retired worker's work record.
In June 2011, the average Social Security benefit was $1,180.80 per month. The maximum possible benefit for a worker retiring at age 66 in 2011 is $2,366. But to get this amount, the worker would need to earn the maximum taxable amount, currently $106,800, each year after age 21.

How realistic is it to get a new base mustang v6 under invoice in LA? I don't trust any car salesman and their shady tactics

How realistic is it to get a new base mustang v6 under invoice in LA? I don't trust any car salesman and their shady tactics

I don't trust any of em, I come out in nice way like basically "cut the bs and small talk." Lol

I got 2 cars so far and went with my Ex an you woulda thought I was the one buying, I handle the whole thing.

Last edited:

You want the 16? They still are trying to clear out some of the 15s so you may be able to get a great deal on those. I don't think much changed from the 15 to 16 so check for the best rebates and incentives.

How much are you trying to spend?

Dont be that guy that spends 2 weeks negotiating back and forth with 3 dealers to drive 4 hours each way to save 500 bucks.

Go on some forums see what people are paying maybe check true car then go with the best deal. You probably wont be able to get thousands of dollars off invoice if they arent having any trouble selling them in the area.

I don't see anything wrong with an 84 month loan. That's what I'm doing. There's no early payoff and I'll have it paid off within 5 years.

Why didn't you just get a 5 year loan then?

Just seent this. Because I prefer to have the safety net of a low minimum in case something were to ever happen. If the economy takes a dump and I'm out of work for long periods of time, I can still afford to pay the minimum on unemployment. If something happens in my family, I'd likely have to step up since there isn't too many people in my family that make as much as I do.

Just trying to get the best deal possible.

Went through Costco and the salesman over the phone quoted me at 24,333 which he claimed was $500 under invoice. But like I said, these guys are (mostly) all shady so I don't believe anything they say

Get out-the-door quotes from all the dealers in your area via email. Tell them to include ALL fees and have them detail what each fee is (hint: they include a lot of BS that can be taken out of the equation should they choose). Don't pay for stuff you don't want.

Find the lowest one and then use it as leverage against the others. Repeat the process as the prices you're quoted drop. This may not be as successful on the latest model that's new to market, but it worked well for me the last time I bought a new car. They want your $$, so make them compete for it.

My advice is to never call or show up in person to negotiate price. They're professional BSers and negotiators...they have the advantage. Stick to email and they can't finesse you. I got finessed via phone the other day when I was tired and didn't even realize it until I hung up--buddy managed to get my lowest offer price out of me, told me they could never do it and I haven't heard back from him since. :lol: And my offer wasn't even a lowball one--he just decided that on that day, he wasn't trying to have it. That said, I fully expect to hear back from him towards the end of the month...that car isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Get out-the-door quotes from all the dealers in your area via email. Tell them to include ALL fees and have them detail what each fee is (hint: they include a lot of BS that can be taken out of the equation should they choose). Don't pay for stuff you don't want.

Find the lowest one and then use it as leverage against the others. Repeat the process as the prices you're quoted drop. This may not be as successful on the latest model that's new to market, but it worked well for me the last time I bought a new car. They want your $$, so make them compete for it.

My advice is to never call or show up in person to negotiate price. They're professional BSers and negotiators...they have the advantage. Stick to email and they can't finesse you. I got finessed via phone the other day when I was tired and didn't even realize it until I hung up--buddy managed to get my lowest offer price out of me, told me they could never do it and I haven't heard back from him since. :lol: And my offer wasn't even a lowball one--he just decided that on that day, he wasn't trying to have it. That said, I fully expect to hear back from him towards the end of the month...that car isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

good info

what car you looking at?

ive been emailing with a internet consultant at a local dealer.......she has been kind of nagging an i always take my dear sweet time responding back to her lol

Last edited:
Man y'all trippin. Let's dudes live life out here. You die tomorrow and all that money management don't mean ****.
Remember
Loans don't go away even in death :smh:

EDIT: ^^^^^^^^old post that never got posted but was saved

Any Chrysler jeep dodge employees here in the bay
Tryna get a challenger
Scat pack more than likely
If not then r/t plus
Might use my girl work discount
Her job lets u get a car at dodge dealers 1% below invoice
Plus I plan to use as many incentives as possible
I don't care if I get a 72 month car loan
As long as i ride off in a challey

good info

what car you looking at?

ive been emailing with a internet consultant at a local dealer.......she has been kind of nagging an i always take my dear sweet time responding back to her lol
Looking to buy two CPO 2014 Passats.  SE or above.  Goal is to have 2 cars under a warranty for under $425/month total, which is doable with the Passat.  

No clue why they don't hold their value after 2 years, but they drop off DRAMATICALLY.  Luckily after 4 or 5 years, it evens out.

Best bang for you buck in the midsize sedan market, IMO.  All the bells and whistles, a 1.8T engine, good gas mileage, HUGE interior (I have kids) and a design that won't look outdated in a few years.  Oh, and they're one of the only midsize sedans to offer a manual transmission throughout all trims, which is a must for me.  Plus, I'm just a VAG group guy--grew up on them and don't really want to own anything else. 

superblytrife superblytrife good info, thanks
Did you just go on their website and email them? Don't you usually have to put your phone number too? I just hate these guys blowing up your phone :smh:

Looking to buy two CPO 2014 Passats.  SE or above.  Goal is to have 2 cars under a warranty for under $425/month total, which is doable with the Passat.  

No clue why they don't hold their value after 2 years, but they drop off DRAMATICALLY.  Luckily after 4 or 5 years, it evens out.

Best bang for you buck in the midsize sedan market, IMO.  All the bells and whistles, a 1.8T engine, good gas mileage, HUGE interior (I have kids) and a design that won't look outdated in a few years.  Oh, and they're one of the only midsize sedans to offer a manual transmission throughout all trims, which is a must for me.  Plus, I'm just a VAG group guy--grew up on them and don't really want to own anything else. 

You don't gotta tell me. I'm a Vag fan also. We're like the minority on this forum. I find most people into VW/Audi are fanboys/girls. My gf had a Jetta and Passat before an I've had a Jetta before.

superblytrife superblytrife good info, thanks
Did you just go on their website and email them? Don't you usually have to put your phone number too? I just hate these guys blowing up your phone :smh:

Yeah you usually have to input your number. I just don't answer and communicate via email only. They WANT to talk to you to get you into the dealership...that's where they'll always have the advantage. But if you don't answer, they'll email you. Stick to email and they'll get the picture and will stop calling so much.

Trust me when I say trying to negotiate price in person isn't cool if you're not great at it or don't have the patience for ********. The last time I tried I ended up in a yelling match with the finance manager. Never again. :lol: If I can't get my drive out price before I get there, I don't even bother.

Back
Top Bottom