'93 til Infinity - 20th anniversary

Anybody spot this already?
Apologies if its been discussed before, I rarely drop into the Music threads

In celebration of 20 years of an all time, album Souls of Mischief have put out a colab with Gummy Soul. Every song has been remixed with classic hip hop beats/samples. best of all, its totally free to download:

Some of the new mixes have a pretty chill sound. Cant beat the original, but I still enjoyed it, thought yall might too

Appreciation for Souls :nthat:

edit: Glad I could make my 1000 something useful. 1000 in 7 years...quality over quantity I hope
View media item 577963

Last edited:
Damn I didn't know about this. Good looks

Del has a store in my city (Alameda CA). I'm Gonna head over there tomorrow

Been bumping a lot of Souls and Pharcyde lately. 93 Til infinity is the theme song (born in 93) lol

original appreciated, but slightly overrated by underground cats/backpackers imo

Last edited:
Released September 28, 1993

eek.gif
Time flies by my dudes

Good looks on the link, I'll check it out. I love the original album and I can't believe it's already 20 years old, I was only 6 at the time. This year has a lot of great albums celebrating their 20 year anniversary.

original appreciated, but slightly overrated by underground cats/backpackers imo

True. For me, there are a lot of Souls songs I love to go back to. But I think they struck gold specifically with the '93 til title song. I think people who wanna get into early 90's classic/underground naturally gravitate towards that because it seems to capture the moment. They sort of by accident wrote a song in 93 about reminiscing about old school hip hop, which could explain some of the extra appreciation these days for people who wanna find that old sound. Plus, they're still around, so they can keep generating new interest. they've got a new album with Adrian Younge supposed to drop later in October

The Gummy Soul guys do great work. Too bad Amerigo left them. DL'd this a few days ago & like it a lot...

I enjoyed the original release a lot when it first came out. Even saw them a couple of times back then with Del.

I still rock with the title track & Live & Let Live...

Not really into blends and mixes but the original is still appreciated years later. 
pimp.gif

East Oakland stand up!

Last edited:

I never thought they got their just due

Hiero did a lot for the underground and indie backpack market. Being one of the first wasn't the best though, because it wasn't really appreciated until the late 90's and they were sort of forgotten about. They came out in a bad era, in the middle of Death Row's dominance and when New York was still crankin out quality music.

Read Richarts - 13 'Til Infinity

His mixtape just hit not too long ago. I think I like this song because of the beat though...

word to my sig. timeless music. good looks on the new mixes fam.

edit: my old sig on yuku. smh. never updated my profile during the transfer to this new system.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom