99 IV OWNERS, ARE YOU COPPING CDP IVS

I know that alot of you guys out there ( myself included ) prefer the "NIKE AIR" instead of the "JUMPMAN" but I was curious to see ifyou are still going to cop a pair of CDP IVs to possibly wear instead of your 99 retros. I personally don't own a pair of 99's ( I wish I did ) but ifI did I would probrably still be buying a pair of CDP IVs to beat.
happy.gif

nope, sticking to the classics...the jumpman doesnt bother me as much as the whole shape of the new retros. Its way off...
and I built up the courage to wear my retros. unDSed them in December, and have worn them 4 times since then. Holding up pretty good.
178uvm.jpg

I will probably try to find the iv by thereself on ebay or something.Just to keep the ogs fresh and wear the cdp iv on the regular.

I never thought I would say this.... But I will not buy that junk IV from the CDP sence they are going to be made so cheap and not right. Then im going to buya fake pair it saves me money and they look just the same.

I'm still thinking about it. My 99's are wearable, but they won't be forever so I might buy the pack to wear the IV's

I don't have 99 retros, but I'll be getting the 08s. That way I can keep them DS until 2016 so they can crack on me.

I only plan on buying 3 more packs after getting the 1st 4. The 7/16, 3/20, and of course the 11/12

Those look clean kid! I got my 99 retro's and have worn them proudly since the day I got 'em. As much as I would love a fresh pair, these 08's justdon't do this classic justice. With the 99's JB did a pretty good job of retroing the OG: the materials used, the padded tongue, the thick"Wings", the original shape and of course the coveted NIKE AIR on the heel pull tab. The shape of these is the worst thing about this shoe, I'lldeal with the Jumpman on the back. Over time and use though these break down just like any J would after damn near 10 years, even the grey on the soles startsto yellow a bit, but I'll rock those till the wheels fall off before I rock these crap 08's JB is dropping , just like the Fire Reds, and theMilitary's were crap renditions of the real deal, these are no different. It's a damn shame cause these are my wholy grails and JB made the IV's by far the worst re-makes out of all retro's. Makes no sense.
mad.gif
I justwent off huh, I know, but everybody out there that ever owned a pair of OG's or even 99 retro's know what I'm hollarin'. Out.

i dont have the 99 retros... this was a grail for me.

back when these came out the first time when i was a kid i only got new shoes once a year and i wanted these so bad but they cost too much so i made a dealwith moms that it would be my christmas present as well. unfortnately they werent nowhere to be found anymore...

the 99 retro and missing its release was what got me back into shoe buying as i had stopped for a couple years...

i told myself there was only two shoes that would retire me from buying basketball shoes. 1. black/red IV 2. Bordueax VII

Now there is only 1 shoe that would retire me because i am not buying that pile of *!+% that is supposed to be the black/red iv...

its not that hard to re create a shoe specifically the way it use to look. even fake factories can do that. but jordan brand? they release something that lookslike a knock off that came straight out of payless shoe store... smh

i hate the look of the 08 retro..the 99 retro looks way more pleasing and JB continues with cheap materials with the 08 retro ..it just looks weird

I own the 99 IV's, love them to death, but I'm going to more than likely buy a pair of the CDP IV only, from here or ebay.
The jumpman on the back doesn't bother me, nor the shape of the shoe.
I'm glad they did that to distinguish 99 retro owners from 08 CDP IV owners….I guess that's what the fuss is all about.

MrsBabb wrote:
I'm glad they did that to distinguish 99 retro owners from 08 CDP IV owners….I guess that's what the fuss is all about.

That's not why they did it. They made those changes to save a few pennies per pair. It has NOTHING to do with appeasing OG collectors (who, by theway, would love to get a couple of fresh pairs to wear if they released in proper form). No offense to you Babb, but I hate that Gentry uses that as an excuseto put out crap quality retros and people actually buy into it. I also hate how people say that if they were just like the '99's then people wouldstill find something to complain about. This is not true. If they released this shoe in it's '99 form, NOT ONE person would complain about it.

Back
Top Bottom