_ NT How Do You Exchange A Broken 360 @ Wal-Mart? _

1. Buy a new one
2. Put your old one in the new box. Swap the serial plates
3. Return the old xbox in the new box and get all your cash back

It works.

I've done this twice, it takes a little bit of effort - you gotta buy a special tool from Home Depot to open it up.

The worker does check out the serial # and inspects it, so I'm sure they're up on game.

Mind you I said, done it twice so .... PS3 >>>>>> Xbox its not even close.

man who cares about ethics on this one.

the BIG COMPANY WHO PAYS THEIR EMPLOYEES PEANUTS (WALMART) takes the L

xbox 360 gets returned. another customer eventually buys that same 360 and realizes its broken. they take it back to walmart and exchange it for a working 360while walmart sends the 360 back to microsoft.

my friend does this at target for every xbox 360 that got the rrod. Simply switch every noticeable thing with the new xbox with the old and place it neatlyback and return it. Easy as cake.

Hope you get caught.
grin.gif

It can be done but after Microsoft banned people from Xbox Live they were doing the same thing you are thinking of doing so hopefully you get lucky and get aseasonal employee

-buy new 360 in cash
-open very carefully
-take off your serial numbers on YOUR carefully and make sure u dont rip (back and under faceplate sticker)
-take off the serial numbers of the new 360
-swap hardrives
-put all stickers back on to make it look brand new
-put back in box and make it look like you never opened it
- return it. Just say you bought it for your gf or something and she wanted the wii
-They'll scan the box and match up serial numbers
- you should be good to go

*try to do this on the same day..it works the best

More than likely they will check if the serial codes match on both the xbox and the box... You can switch the serial stickers from old xbox to new xbox butthey'll def. check to see if it's been tampered with.

i did this for a friend.

take of the face plate off and remove the top case with a serial number and replace the old top part of the case with the new one and your done

Originally Posted by sam206

i did this for a friend.

take of the face plate off and remove the top case with a serial number and replace the old top part of the case with the new one and your done
man i don't get it, some people are saying exchange the serial plates and others are saying exchange the whole outside cover.
which is it??

Originally Posted by C o IVI p L e X

Originally Posted by sam206

i did this for a friend.

man i don't get it, some people are saying exchange the serial plates and others are saying exchange the whole outside cover.
which is it??
only the top because thats the cover with the serial number

alright after i exchange serials do i have to seal the box back up like it was never open or can i just tell them straight up my bro opened it but got an elitetoo so i no longer need it.

ok once i exchange serials do i have to seal the box and pretend like it was never opened or can i just say i got it for my bro, he opened it but got an eliteso it's no longer needed.

TiZzlexiPhone wrote:

not to thread jack but I just found an iphone, anyway around the passcode?
check your PM.

Originally Posted by 430AM

More than likely they will check if the serial codes match on both the xbox and the box... You can switch the serial stickers from old xbox to new xbox but they'll def. check to see if it's been tampered with.

at WalMart? for 6.50 an hour? when it ain't even their $!@%? I'm telling you, you don't have to go to that much trouble. Just take it back.
Hell, my mom took back an RCA flatscreen just yesterday because we noticed some dead pixels. But she forgot the remote, batteries, A/V cables, and ac adapterwhere all still in my room in a little baggie that I hadn't yet put back in th eback. They took it back no problem. Granted this is KMart, but I'mtelling you, the vast majority don't care and they damn sure aren't opening the box matching serial numbers. At most, they'll make sure it'ssomething in there.

a friend of mine did this a couple of yrs back with a ps2 and had no problem ..... they didn't need to switch serial numbers or anything allegedly

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Originally Posted by 430AM

More than likely they will check if the serial codes match on both the xbox and the box... You can switch the serial stickers from old xbox to new xbox but they'll def. check to see if it's been tampered with.

at WalMart? for 6.50 an hour? when it ain't even their $!@%? I'm telling you, you don't have to go to that much trouble. Just take it back.
Hell, my mom took back an RCA flatscreen just yesterday because we noticed some dead pixels. But she forgot the remote, batteries, A/V cables, and ac adapter where all still in my room in a little baggie that I hadn't yet put back in th eback. They took it back no problem. Granted this is KMart, but I'm telling you, the vast majority don't care and they damn sure aren't opening the box matching serial numbers. At most, they'll make sure it's something in there.

don't know why but that part had me
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

At most, they'll make sure it's something in there.
The end.

They won't care.

You can damn near return used underwear/food at wal-mart and get your money back/exchange.

If wal-mart doesn't care about their employees...what makes you think their employees care about their customers?

Most people who work there can't even afford to buy groceries from there.

Go get your new 360, man.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

Originally Posted by C o IVI p L e X

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

hopefully you get caught.

stealing
smh.gif

hopefully you or your loved ones end up buying the broken 360 that i exchange
smile.gif

Originally Posted by II Jovo II

The serial number is located on the unit itself, but there is a flap on the box that they flip up and check.

yeah but i don't really see why wal-mart would even check the serial on the console, it's not like they offer extended warranties or anything.
they do offer extended warranties
eyes.gif
Wal-Mart is a billion dollar corporation that crushes small businesses and leaves no room for competition. Stop being such a broad.

Back
Top Bottom