_College heads, what do you eat at home?

so for those that are in college, have been in college. what do you/did you eat on a daily basis?

i'm trying not to eat out all the time and i barely have anything in my fridge. i just seem to make myself ham sandwiches and what not.

and sometimes, i make spam musubi. but that's about it haha.

i miss living with two girl roommates that cooked all the time
frown.gif

so for those that are in college, have been in college. what do you/did you eat on a daily basis?

i'm trying not to eat out all the time and i barely have anything in my fridge. i just seem to make myself ham sandwiches and what not.

and sometimes, i make spam musubi. but that's about it haha.

i miss living with two girl roommates that cooked all the time
frown.gif

For lunch, usually something quick like a sandwich, either tuna or ham/turkey. For dinner, it varies but some stuff I usually eat: grilled chicken breasts with veggies, spaghetti, stir-fry pork/beef with veggies and rice, Hamburger Helper, frozen pizza, and salads. Not the healthiest but it keeps me filled without having to eat out all the time. If you're a novice to making your own meals, you should invest in a George Foreman grill (the basic model will work) and that will get you started in the game. 

For lunch, usually something quick like a sandwich, either tuna or ham/turkey. For dinner, it varies but some stuff I usually eat: grilled chicken breasts with veggies, spaghetti, stir-fry pork/beef with veggies and rice, Hamburger Helper, frozen pizza, and salads. Not the healthiest but it keeps me filled without having to eat out all the time. If you're a novice to making your own meals, you should invest in a George Foreman grill (the basic model will work) and that will get you started in the game. 

I'm living with my folks so leftovers from last night or I make me some omelets and some spam. Canned food ftw!

But when I'm crashing my friend's apartment, the dude cooks some GREAT food. I wish my mom taught me how to cook.

I'm living with my folks so leftovers from last night or I make me some omelets and some spam. Canned food ftw!

But when I'm crashing my friend's apartment, the dude cooks some GREAT food. I wish my mom taught me how to cook.

Peanut butter sandwiches, sometimes I add nutella too
Beans with ground beef or ground turkey, I always keep a pot of beans ready to eat with rice or tortillas
Chicken breasts
Pasta with ground beef or chicken or both
Brown rice or flour tortillas
I also try to keep a constant supply of broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, tomatoes, celery, spinach, and carrots

Peanut butter sandwiches, sometimes I add nutella too
Beans with ground beef or ground turkey, I always keep a pot of beans ready to eat with rice or tortillas
Chicken breasts
Pasta with ground beef or chicken or both
Brown rice or flour tortillas
I also try to keep a constant supply of broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, tomatoes, celery, spinach, and carrots

Roman
Cereal
Peanut butter + sandwhich, celery, or crackers
popcorn
those Rotisserie chickens at the grocery store... kinda cheap... last for 2 or 3 days
EGGS<<<<<
some $2 steaks if i can successfully switch the tags
pimp.gif

Roman
Cereal
Peanut butter + sandwhich, celery, or crackers
popcorn
those Rotisserie chickens at the grocery store... kinda cheap... last for 2 or 3 days
EGGS<<<<<
some $2 steaks if i can successfully switch the tags
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by BigPlayCJ

Lunchables, my girl, Italian food from the spot across the street, or I'd let my sister visit and take her to parties with me if she cooked for the weekend.
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by BigPlayCJ

Lunchables, my girl, Italian food from the spot across the street, or I'd let my sister visit and take her to parties with me if she cooked for the weekend.
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by oidreez

u live in an apartment? buy a george foreman grill.
Very smart thing to do. But we cook; rice, beans, meat, fish, pasta, etc. Its way better then eating out.

Originally Posted by oidreez

u live in an apartment? buy a george foreman grill.
Very smart thing to do. But we cook; rice, beans, meat, fish, pasta, etc. Its way better then eating out.

I eat good for the most part...pretty much whatever I buy....Food Stamps in college works wonders

I eat good for the most part...pretty much whatever I buy....Food Stamps in college works wonders

the grill is legit. i wish i learned about it sooner, not until senior year
smh.gif

for me, put some rice in the rice cooker, get some fish or frozen meat and heat it up. fry some eggs, cut up some veggies, and you have a decent meal.

on days i don't feel like cookin', grab some slices of bread and make a sandwich. Or buy frozen dumplings and throw em in boiling water.

the grill is legit. i wish i learned about it sooner, not until senior year
smh.gif

for me, put some rice in the rice cooker, get some fish or frozen meat and heat it up. fry some eggs, cut up some veggies, and you have a decent meal.

on days i don't feel like cookin', grab some slices of bread and make a sandwich. Or buy frozen dumplings and throw em in boiling water.

Back
Top Bottom