_how many of you actually use your parking/ebrake?

Originally Posted by raw120

I always do it because growing up my driveway had a steep incline. People look at me weird when I do it in a parking lot

same thing here
laugh.gif
... i look at em like i cant help it... habit!
laugh.gif

very rarely, as a matter of fact when i do put it on i forget that its on and usually end up driving for a little while with it on then i smell smoke andrealize what's going on. so sad

In an automatic, only on a very steep hill.

In a manual, every time, occasionally putting it into 1st as well.

used it once, it saved my life

I was during with a green light, I was talking to the people in the back seat, my friend in the passenger seat said "Oh !@#$" he pulled the ebrake, acar full of people pulled out of nowhere, almost hit them head on going 65mph, with no seat belts on (I don't wear seat belts)

Originally Posted by JACKEL56

I was during with a green light, I was talking to the people in the back seat, my friend in the passenger seat said "Oh !@#$" he pulled the ebrake, a car full of people pulled out of nowhere, almost hit them head on going 65mph, with no seat belts on (I don't wear seat belts)

why the HELL don't you wear a seat belt?

Originally Posted by mjbetch

I was during with a green light, I was talking to the people in the back seat, my friend in the passenger seat said "Oh !@#$" he pulled the ebrake, a car full of people pulled out of nowhere, almost hit them head on going 65mph, with no seat belts on (I don't wear seat belts)

I've known people that got hurt a lot worse with them on, also I've been in a bad accident before with out it on, came out with a tinyscratch

because he doesn't want to?

I never use my parking brake. I probably should since my driveway is really steep but i ain't worried about it.

I've known people that got hurt a lot worse with them on, also I've been in a bad accident before with out it on, came out with a tiny scratch
word. i'm just wondering. i'm not telling you to change what you do. lol

but do you think the people who have gotten hurt with seatbelts on outweigh people who got hurt without it on?

I use it only when i'm parking for a long period of time.

BTW, what are you "supposed" to do first when parking and when driving off: put it in park then engage the e-brake, or vise versa?

i always do. it just a habit that i picked up from my parents when they taught me how to drive.

I've known people that got hurt a lot worse with them on, also I've been in a bad accident before with out it on, came out with a tiny scratch
word. i'm just wondering. i'm not telling you to change what you do. lol

but do you think the people who have gotten hurt with seatbelts on outweigh people who got hurt without it on?
its not only that, but if I something happens then it happens, also I've gotten a ticket for driving without a seat belt to
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by curious kevin

i always thought you're supposed to use all the time.

Not with an automatic (only on inclines).

My car now is a manual so I use the ebrake all the time.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

always. even if i'm on level ground, it's automatic. if i forget to, i'll notice because i always have a pattern and something won't feel right.

just a good habit to have.
QFT.

Back
Top Bottom