A$AP

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Vado has Speaking in Tungs. And people only cared for Cam'ron. I'm sure I've heard other songs but that's the only one that pops to mind.

Ur ipod resembles a broad's playlist...you look for an artist, and all u got is mad singles
grin.gif
laugh.gif
Every rap fan that has 2 ¢'s knows vado earned his rap stripes on da boss of all bosses series..ur attemptsAt marginalizin vado to "couple of songs" looks well rooted in sodium
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
A NY rap fan picking vado over a$ap, and that isn't cuz da fan is "biased" hell they both from harlem...fact of da matter is VadoIs a MC, with wordplay & lyrical dexterity which we respect a helluva lot more then flat out "riding da beat"

Vado has Speaking in Tungs. And people only cared for Cam'ron. I'm sure I've heard other songs but that's the only one that pops to mind.

Ur ipod resembles a broad's playlist...you look for an artist, and all u got is mad singles
grin.gif
laugh.gif
Every rap fan that has 2 ¢'s knows vado earned his rap stripes on da boss of all bosses series..ur attemptsAt marginalizin vado to "couple of songs" looks well rooted in sodium
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
A NY rap fan picking vado over a$ap, and that isn't cuz da fan is "biased" hell they both from harlem...fact of da matter is VadoIs a MC, with wordplay & lyrical dexterity which we respect a helluva lot more then flat out "riding da beat"

Originally Posted by ninjahood

grin.gif
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Wrong considering I've heard all the BOABs. You know it yourself. No one was checking for that tape if it wasn't for Cam'ron. If I look back in the thread long enough I could probably find a quote of you saying that 
laugh.gif
. Sorry your boy Vado isn't da truth. Let him stay in his lane and let the rest of us petty unimportant non hip hop fans in the  49 states embrace A$AP. 
pimp.gif

grin.gif
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Wrong considering I've heard all the BOABs. You know it yourself. No one was checking for that tape if it wasn't for Cam'ron. If I look back in the thread long enough I could probably find a quote of you saying that 
laugh.gif
. Sorry your boy Vado isn't da truth. Let him stay in his lane and let the rest of us petty unimportant non hip hop fans in the  49 states embrace A$AP. 
pimp.gif

grin.gif
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

That point about Angie and Flex Ninja brought up is true. Cats spent their NY Times money and forgot to buy off the radio programmers. Best I Ever Had was literally overkill on NYC radio when it dropped. Flex, Envy and Clue all are DJs. They play these records at clubs and know what the crowd wants to hear. I do think that if they felt it matter and if they got paid off, they'd have been playing son already...especially with him being from Harlem as he claims.

lmao Dude who wrote the Times article is notorious for having what some consider a douchy reputation. Cats like Diplo hate the dudes guts. Cats at labels will tell you he's basically a writer for hire. So you're gonna tell me payola doesn't exist....when I know people who pay these media cats off? C'mon. You're gonna tell me Times wrote that article because its what some yuppies wanna read about as opposed to the writer being paid off? No white people were even feeling sons music at the show and I'm sure the hipsters were probably more than turned off post the Fader show.

That point about Angie and Flex Ninja brought up is true. Cats spent their NY Times money and forgot to buy off the radio programmers. Best I Ever Had was literally overkill on NYC radio when it dropped. Flex, Envy and Clue all are DJs. They play these records at clubs and know what the crowd wants to hear. I do think that if they felt it matter and if they got paid off, they'd have been playing son already...especially with him being from Harlem as he claims.

lmao Dude who wrote the Times article is notorious for having what some consider a douchy reputation. Cats like Diplo hate the dudes guts. Cats at labels will tell you he's basically a writer for hire. So you're gonna tell me payola doesn't exist....when I know people who pay these media cats off? C'mon. You're gonna tell me Times wrote that article because its what some yuppies wanna read about as opposed to the writer being paid off? No white people were even feeling sons music at the show and I'm sure the hipsters were probably more than turned off post the Fader show.

Lmao those same white people grew up on Wu Tang.

If anything, they're more loyal fans of NYC hip hop than the average street cat who doesn't have awareness of blogs. They've seen it come, bought the albums, been to the shows and all that. Not saying the black market doesn't do that.

If anything, they're more loyal fans of NYC hip hop than the average street cat who doesn't have awareness of blogs. They've seen it come, bought the albums, been to the shows and all that. Not saying the black market doesn't do that.

I'm confused K are you for or against payola? You seem mad he didn't pay off the DJs. Then say he only got a NY times article cause they paid. I'm so confused

I'm confused K are you for or against payola? You seem mad he didn't pay off the DJs. Then say he only got a NY times article cause they paid. I'm so confused

I'm neither. I'm just telling you guys the reality of it. NY Times and Fader aren't hip hop exclusive publications and labels have the pull and pay to get placements. Fader is usually good at predicting breakout artists, and it seems they're on the money...but it all seems to have been an engineered effort to me. That's just me looking at it from an industry standpoint though.

Here's an article XXL did on Payola in online media: http://www.xxlmag.com/blo...line-hip-hop-journalism/

But it exists on the radio too.

It was just weird to me that only Enuff played his stuff.

I'm neither. I'm just telling you guys the reality of it. NY Times and Fader aren't hip hop exclusive publications and labels have the pull and pay to get placements. Fader is usually good at predicting breakout artists, and it seems they're on the money...but it all seems to have been an engineered effort to me. That's just me looking at it from an industry standpoint though.

Here's an article XXL did on Payola in online media: http://www.xxlmag.com/blo...line-hip-hop-journalism/

I'm against payola but I understand it is apart of the industry.

But do you think maybe.....his people in charge realized apart of his novelty is being different than a NY rapper so go after non-NY rapper publications? Cause maybe if they went to Hot 97 it would seem engineered as well but an engineering we've seen. And people would have tucked him in the category with Fred The Godson, Papoose, Saigon, etc? I mean I don't know what he did but wouldn't this seem like a better strategy (and one that work apparently judging by the success of this tape so far)

But do you think maybe.....his people in charge realized apart of his novelty is being different than a NY rapper so go after non-NY rapper publications? Cause maybe if they went to Hot 97 it would seem engineered as well but an engineering we've seen. And people would have tucked him in the category with Fred The Godson, Papoose, Saigon, etc? I mean I don't know what he did but wouldn't this seem like a better strategy (and one that work apparently judging by the success of this tape so far)

Back
Top Bottom