A$AP

nobody is begging for a vado feature

asap def has the best sound outta anybody with any type of buzz in ny

Originally Posted by Put em up

laugh.gif
silly NYer talk. You guys aren't relevant outside of NY. Deal with it.
Seriously 
laugh.gif

As if rappers have to be accepted by NY to make it,this isn't the 90's. 

Originally Posted by Put em up

laugh.gif
silly NYer talk. You guys aren't relevant outside of NY. Deal with it.
Seriously 
laugh.gif

As if rappers have to be accepted by NY to make it,this isn't the 90's. 

As a SOLO artist, Rocky is the best NY has. No one would know who French is if it wasn't for Max. No one would know who Vado is if it wasn't for Cam. Even Red Cafe for that matter, didn't he get the nod from Fab or somebody like that? When you get a cosign from major street dude, people are going to check for you. When you get a cosign from a MAJOR mainstream artist, people are going to check for you. French, Vado and Red Cafe got some help, Rocky, as far as I know, had no cosign and he's influenced by a place/region that most people all over the country don't care for anymore. That's why NYC cats don't like him. NYC cats need a reason to listen to him.

I mean, how good is French biting Max and Waka sound/style?
eyes.gif
I'm checking for French because of Max. Because Coke Wave was the +%%+. I even had Steak Sauce as my ring tone at one point.
laugh.gif

How good is Vado using that old Juelz Dipset flow?
eyes.gif
I'm checking for Vado because of Cam. I'm not checking for Vado's solo +%%+. If Cam isn't tied to it, he can keep it. (His verse on Killa was
sick.gif
)
I can't even tell you what Red Cafe sounds like. Dude just sucks.
laugh.gif

Hell, how good is Rocky at "biting" H-town?
I didn't mention him before, but even Maino. No one knows him outside of Hi Hater. I don't listen to his music, I don't check for his +%%+. (Although his verse on Goddamn was
pimp.gif
sick.gif
)

Point is, NY isn't what it used to be. There are no Jays or Nas' or DMXs or Big Ls or Wu. You don't NEED NY anymore. No one really even cares about NY anymore.

As a SOLO artist, Rocky is the best NY has. No one would know who French is if it wasn't for Max. No one would know who Vado is if it wasn't for Cam. Even Red Cafe for that matter, didn't he get the nod from Fab or somebody like that? When you get a cosign from major street dude, people are going to check for you. When you get a cosign from a MAJOR mainstream artist, people are going to check for you. French, Vado and Red Cafe got some help, Rocky, as far as I know, had no cosign and he's influenced by a place/region that most people all over the country don't care for anymore. That's why NYC cats don't like him. NYC cats need a reason to listen to him.

eyes.gif
I'm checking for French because of Max. Because Coke Wave was the +%%+. I even had Steak Sauce as my ring tone at one point.
laugh.gif

eyes.gif
I'm checking for Vado because of Cam. I'm not checking for Vado's solo +%%+. If Cam isn't tied to it, he can keep it. (His verse on Killa was
sick.gif
)
laugh.gif

I didn't mention him before, but even Maino. No one knows him outside of Hi Hater. I don't listen to his music, I don't check for his +%%+. (Although his verse on Goddamn was
pimp.gif
sick.gif
)

Point is, NY isn't what it used to be. There are no Jays or Nas' or DMXs or Big Ls or Wu. You don't NEED NY anymore. No one really even cares about NY anymore.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Hot 97 sucks though, the radio hasn't been decent in NYC since I was in middle school. Dudes play the same tired songs over and over again for the most part, if there what your using to determine who's hot, well you can have them

if you think that sucks try coming to LA and listening to the radio

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Hot 97 sucks though, the radio hasn't been decent in NYC since I was in middle school. Dudes play the same tired songs over and over again for the most part, if there what your using to determine who's hot, well you can have them

if you think that sucks try coming to LA and listening to the radio

Originally Posted by th3kid

eyes.gif
laugh.gif

eyes.gif
sick.gif
)
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
sick.gif
)

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by th3kid

eyes.gif
laugh.gif

eyes.gif
sick.gif
)
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
sick.gif
)

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

I'm against payola but I understand it is apart of the industry.

But do you think maybe.....his people in charge realized apart of his novelty is being different than a NY rapper so go after non-NY rapper publications? Cause maybe if they went to Hot 97 it would seem engineered as well but an engineering we've seen. And people would have tucked him in the category with Fred The Godson, Papoose, Saigon, etc? I mean I don't know what he did but wouldn't this seem like a better strategy (and one that work apparently judging by the success of this tape so far)
papoose at da height of his buzz had NY in da "palm of his hands" and he ONLY got 1.5 million from jive...that "3 mill" sounding phoney da more i think about it.

saigon at da height of his buzz was a character on entourage and just blaze had his production cap on fire...

fred...yea
laugh.gif

a$ap aint poppin in NYC, its all these blog sites that gassing his movement....its a good tape, but like i said..i got a problem with da subject matter being COMPLETELY disconnected from any type of NYC cultural influence..if u wrote his lyrics on a page

and read em, what kinda indication would lead you to believe that he's from harlem? da NTer before said it best...let's see what kinda reception da southern cats give him since thats who he's catering to, da NYC crowd ain't really moved.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

I'm against payola but I understand it is apart of the industry.

But do you think maybe.....his people in charge realized apart of his novelty is being different than a NY rapper so go after non-NY rapper publications? Cause maybe if they went to Hot 97 it would seem engineered as well but an engineering we've seen. And people would have tucked him in the category with Fred The Godson, Papoose, Saigon, etc? I mean I don't know what he did but wouldn't this seem like a better strategy (and one that work apparently judging by the success of this tape so far)
papoose at da height of his buzz had NY in da "palm of his hands" and he ONLY got 1.5 million from jive...that "3 mill" sounding phoney da more i think about it.

saigon at da height of his buzz was a character on entourage and just blaze had his production cap on fire...

fred...yea
laugh.gif

a$ap aint poppin in NYC, its all these blog sites that gassing his movement....its a good tape, but like i said..i got a problem with da subject matter being COMPLETELY disconnected from any type of NYC cultural influence..if u wrote his lyrics on a page

and read em, what kinda indication would lead you to believe that he's from harlem? da NTer before said it best...let's see what kinda reception da southern cats give him since thats who he's catering to, da NYC crowd ain't really moved.

SpaceGhostPurp is pure excellence on Keep It G, The Beat, The Hook, His Verse all fire.
He's definitely got a bright future

SpaceGhostPurp is pure excellence on Keep It G, The Beat, The Hook, His Verse all fire.

Originally Posted by awwsome

Still waiting on that Rocky x Purpp x Juicy J track the little bit I heard of it was bananas I think Purpp produced it.

Originally Posted by awwsome

Still waiting on that Rocky x Purpp x Juicy J track the little bit I heard of it was bananas I think Purpp produced it.

Back
Top Bottom