A$AP

Back Hurt and Don't Mind are tough. No idea why he would make those Best Buy bonus tracks. They're better than most of the songs on the album.

Psycho is my favorite. Let It Bang and Let It Go and the two bonus tracks are the only songs I go listen to. I like Uzi Gang but hate the features. He has some terrible features on this album too. Big letdown.

Yea i'm a fan of Ferg but this album isn't really hittin off the first few listens, With that said months later Rocky **** still bumpin along with damn near A$AP entire Catalog so i cant be mad.

I listened to the album a few times through.

Strive = strictly music for dancing with corny white girls -- "Working in Ben & Jerry's, it was scary"  
laugh.gif

Let It Bang

New Level

Swipe Life

Uzi Gang
All these listed in the first half of the album no less
mean.gif
I think Ross saved Swipe Life imo and I can definitely hear Strive being played at raves coming up mixed by DJ Snake or Diplo.

It may be just me but I know I'm not alone when I listen to albums for the bangers and not the slow joints. there are good ones dont get me wrong but not on this album. My heart goes to a more violent beat
pimp.gif

The opening 3 tracks are some of the worst consecutive tracks I've ever heard, especially from a person I'm a fan of. 3 absolute trash tracks, almost like it was on purpose. I guess Ferg was aiming for movie soundtracks and the charts with this album, cause it's extremely upbeat nearly all the way through. Such a departure in production from the last album, and from the whole ASAP Mob crew in general. Ferg's debut felt like a Ferg/ASAP album. This one for the most part feels like Ferg making what he thinks the mainstream wants him to make. Psycho is the only true Ferg track on here, best on the album. New Level & Uzi Gang are pretty nice. Swipe and Let You Go are cool, the latter of which could probably be a single. The rest I wouldn't care if I even heard again. What a letdown compared to all ASAP Mob's other stuff. Lords Never Worry, Live Love ASAP, Long Live ASAP, and Trap Lord were all very good high quality stuff. Feng Forever and Percs & Lean were good as well. Always Strive And Prosper is a meh album with 1 true standout song.

Last edited:
Waiting on Rocky's album, liked his first two efforts a lot. Ferg disappointed man, new label and the beats just weren't there for me. 

Back
Top Bottom