*** A Different Thought ***

Originally Posted by free da juice

Originally Posted by osubass1

Originally Posted by OGFreshReady

However.......there's just one thing.........all signature lines are pretty close in shape except the IV (in my opinion)...
i think the VII's are BY FAR the ones that have had the most significant shape change. the silhouette is practically unrecognizable compared to the original.
WOW who the heck are you kidding. that is such an over exaggerated statement it's pitiful. unrecognizable.... LMFAO!

i'm going to take a shot in the dark here...

you've never owned a pair of OG VII's, right?

so, you couldn't possibly understand.

i'm going to take a shot in the dark here...

you've never owned a pair of OG VII's, right?

so, you couldn't possibly understand.
My point exactly, it is hard for me to judge the shape of a retro when I never owned the OG.

Originally Posted by AnimeBaller14

im confused, so nike left jordan right? and now jordan brand is on its own?

Jordan Brand is pretty much like a kid growing up and leaving its parents to make it on its own.

Yeah, JB left. They need to reunite. I need some new nike airs.

it seems to me from some of the the responses I see/read on a on regular basis that retroes places an emphasis on the originals that allow for mor of anappreciation and in the case of shoes such as the CDP XI, re-retroes make you even look different at retroes. Everyone is a critic in their on right and thatcan be bad as well as good.

Thank you All for your responses.........I read them all and it shows that WE have a lot to say in this forum........ One member, J Collector wrote that he hadto search through all the CDP III/XX boxes in his size, just to find a good III that resembled the '01 retro........ WOW......I had no idea that in thesame release, the same shoe could look different in that same pack....Isn't there someone who inspects this before they pass it on to retail? This justshows that if we continue to put more money into this, then we're just asking 'them' to make more of what 'they've' beenmaking..........------------ There's the Company and the manufacturers (probably all in different wharehouses in China - which someone mentioned, ascheaper labor with no communication)------------Retailers and Consumers---------The Company sets the table and puts out a product BUT it's the Consumerswho ultimately determine that products Success...................After all these CDPs, packs, more packs, fusions, team fusions......I wonder when it will allbe enough......When Jordan Brand's key targeted market says, " We've had enough......We have all your Spizikes, all your casual editions, yourwild colorways, your fusions, and finally your packs (after they come way down in price) and we've shown all our friends at school and the people at themall loved them but Now......we want what we DON'T have.............all the original Air Jordan signature line shoes that Michael actually playedin----------- I wonder what Jordan Brand would do----------Well maybe it's already happened and JB is giving them "versions" of classic shoesstill cheap in design and leather---------- It will take their Sales to go way down for them to wake up and go after pleasing their newaudience...........-------What you Choose to buy now affects and Shapes the way Jordan Brand thinks-=------

i agree with the idea of the failure of jb as a subcompany, they were given the reins and just havent kept up like they did under nike's wing. previousretro's were nearly immaculate(99-03ish), not like the recent ones at all(olympic 08's). maybe what needs to happen is for jordan to go back to lookingat nike's retro's, which have been very successful and applauded quite a bit by us fans, am i right?

would it not make economic sense to make most of your profit of the lower tier jordans which satisfy the masses, and make less profit off the limited models bymaking them with better quality to ensure your place in the luxury market? we're basically the luxury market to jb, we dont really base spending habits onprice when it comes to shoes.

^^^ I totally agree with your idea here----- Along with everything they've made so far and still producing, make Special packs for the seriousFans-------more expensive of course BUT better material----------- How about this :.....releasing the whole signature line in Titanium boxes...from number 1 toXIV ( The Bulls' Years)....one Last time correctly for serious fans........and the IV would have to be inspected by a Nike official.....lol......thecheaper material can still continue on for the masses and they can still make that big profit they're after..

^^^ I totally agree with your idea here----- Along with everything they've made so far and still producing, make Special packs for the serious Fans-------more expensive of course BUT better material----------- How about this :.....releasing the whole signature line in Titanium boxes...from number 1 to XIV ( The Bulls' Years)....one Last time correctly for serious fans........and the IV would have to be inspected by a Nike official.....lol......the cheaper material can still continue on for the masses and they can still make that big profit they're after..
keep dreaming

^^^ I totally agree with your idea here----- Along with everything they've made so far and still producing, make Special packs for the serious Fans-------more expensive of course BUT better material----------- How about this :.....releasing the whole signature line in Titanium boxes...from number 1 to XIV ( The Bulls' Years)....one Last time correctly for serious fans........and the IV would have to be inspected by a Nike official.....lol......the cheaper material can still continue on for the masses and they can still make that big profit they're after..

You're looking into things way too seriously, try focusing on more important real world issues where you may actually be able to make a difference.

Onto your post, you have to understand that quality, shape, etc. are off due to several reasons:
  1. The retro sneakers are no longer produced in the same factories as their OG counterparts.
  2. Manufacturing standards have changed, ie. what was once an acceptable raw material may now be deemed toxic, illegal, etc.
  3. Sneakers are manufactured at the lowest bidder at the lowest possible cost - Nike/JB retro product is now on par with Reebok/Adidas quality wise.
  4. Consumers have poor taste and poor judgement - the Jumpman craze is at an all time high! They could slap a Jumpman on a turd, limit it to 23 units and kids would be lining up for days. That's an extreme, but look how well their uninspired, rehashed and overpriced garbage like 'Fusions', Spiz'ike, Dub-Zero, Six-Rings are selling.

'Fusions'
While the XII sold well, the V and now the III have not sold as good. I believe the VI will completley tank. I hope that happens so we can getthese fusions behind us.

Nike owns the molds, Nike would want big bucks, so Jordan makes their own. Also, changing the shoe keeps the value of the OG's higher. As someone who ownsolder shoes and some O.G's, I appreciate the shoes looking different so some 14 year old kid can't get my original XI's confused with his new"retros".

Originally Posted by AirThompson

JB is just saving money. Material from all OGs and maybe 1st retroes were always up to par. Its just business marketing plan save a couple hundred thousands by reducing quality.

Am I the only one that remembers OG XIII's creasing like crazy or OG XIV with glue stains on the bottom, and the creasing on XV's. I think peoplealways like to look at the past with a longing because it's a time thats gone by, but rarely remember complaints and problems that came along with oldershoes as well. The shape is one thing, but unless I'm making things up the material and workmanship hasn't be the best for MANY years.

Originally Posted by solekollectah81

Nike owns the molds, Nike would want big bucks, so Jordan makes their own. Also, changing the shoe keeps the value of the OG's higher. As someone who owns older shoes and some O.G's, I appreciate the shoes looking different so some 14 year old kid can't get my original XI's confused with his new "retros".
1. Nike = JB, you do realize that right? Bottom of the boxes say nike on them. Bottom of the Is sole say nike still.

2. Anyone with OGs value the shoe for being an OG, it's whats on the production date that matters.

3. If you own these OGs, why do you care what a 14 year old thinks? If you wear a pair of OG blk & red XIs and some kid looks at them and says fakes howshould that affect you or your shoes?

Some of the things you guys say really confuses me
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom