A Effin' FELONY Though?

Bringing & mixing chemicals at school is dangerous and stupid. Long term suspension would've been justifiable. Getting the law involved is evidence of the the travesty that this country has become.

I agree with the expulsion...that was extremely dumb and dangerous for a 16 year old to mix up random chemicals and walk around with it let alone take it to school.

A White elementary school girl here in South Carolina got expelled for bringing a water gun to school...they eventually let her come back though

Hopefully she can beat the criminal part |I

Bringing & mixing chemicals at school is dangerous and stupid. Long term suspension would've been justifiable. Getting the law involved is evidence of the the travesty that this country has become.
i agree but damm she was in school, where most kids dont wanna be.

I agree with the expulsion...that was extremely dumb and dangerous for a 16 year old to mix up random chemicals and walk around with it let alone take it to school.

A White elementary school girl here in South Carolina got expelled for bringing a water gun to school...they eventually let her come back though

Hopefully she can beat the criminal part
tired.gif
it was dumb but dam a felony. i bet if it was lindsay lohann ,they would of named a library after her.

If she was white there wouldn't be a felony being pushed on her.
Yep I agree, it's really sad man. This is one of those cases where people need to use common sense, she obviously had no malicious intent; I could see the cops being involved if someone was seriously injured but that isn't the case.

god sometimes i really hate nt.  i'm so tired of my people immediately throwin the race card out there while ironically throwin the race card out there.  if this was a white or asian or any other color, y'all wouldn't eem care, be talmbout throwin them in jail and swallowin the key.  ish is ridiculous after awhile.  she made what was in essence a bomb.  'stupid' is pourin a bottle of water over the principal's head.  crime is mixing dangerous chemicals out in front of a packed school ESPECIALLY with all the damn school violence, the boston thing, etc.  she said she didn't know what was going to happen, so instead of asking teach in the lab she goes ahead and mixes it wherever?!  doesn't make sense at all and if she wasn't black, everyone here on nt would be sayin the exact same thing, lookin for some conspiracy ish but cuz she's black, she's given all the benefit of the doubt and is a little junior rosa parks.  come on fambs.

If she was white there wouldn't be a felony being pushed on her.
Kinda goes without saying.

District attorney and their police aren't even trying to hide it. Thankfully all of those people will be dead within 30-40 years (hopefully) and won't be a part of this nation's future.

Extremely stupid thing to do, but arrested and expelled? Seems a little extreme IMO. I can see a suspension, but anything higher then that is OD. 

laugh.gif
 @ NT's resident Jesse Jackson's getting hot and bothered about her race. if she was white and the same thing happened you dudes wouldn't blink twice

Last edited:
I wish I had said, "If she weren't black I doubt there'd be a felony being pushed on her." I doubt that she would have received the same kind of egregious punishment if she weren't a minority. Her high grades and clean school record just push me further to that thought.

god sometimes i really hate nt.  i'm so tired of my people immediately throwin the race card out there while ironically throwin the race card out there.  if this was a white or asian or any other color, y'all wouldn't eem care, be talmbout throwin them in jail and swallowin the key.  ish is ridiculous after awhile.  she made what was in essence a bomb.  'stupid' is pourin a bottle of water over the principal's head.  crime is mixing dangerous chemicals out in front of a packed school ESPECIALLY with all the damn school violence, the boston thing, etc.  she said she didn't know what was going to happen, so instead of asking teach in the lab she goes ahead and mixes it wherever?!  doesn't make sense at all and if she wasn't black, everyone here on nt would be sayin the exact same thing, lookin for some conspiracy ish but cuz she's black, she's given all the benefit of the doubt and is a little junior rosa parks.  come on fambs.

Well, how come blacks make up 10% of the population and we are always the ones you hear about getting shot down for being armed with skittles or a wallet, arrested for ice tea, and now charged with a felony for a prank.

Are blacks the only people carrying skittles, drinking ice tea in public, and doing pranks in school?

This. Most of you just sit on here all day and wait to cry racism. Unbelievable.

"Wilmot mixed a household toilet cleaner with aluminum in an 8 oz. plastic bottle, causing the top to pop and some smoke to rise."

Quit with the exaggeration. Next, folks gon' start talmbout [mentos + coke = attempt at making a bomb]...:rolleyes

The nature of the punishment is beyond ridiculous, plain and simple. We'd all still cry foul had the victim been white or asian, because the punishment DOES NOT fit the "crime", if you even want to call it that.

Furthermore, if some feel the need to emphasize the race of the victim, Kiera Wilmot, it's because an overwhelming amount of data and evidence has shown that, time and time again, in this country, "blackness" alone has been cause for indictment; black folks are severely and disproportionately punished for crimes that other races recieve a "slap-on-the-wrist" for.

When it comes to being arrested in school, students of color are once again at disproportionately higher risk. According to the data released this week, 96,000 students were arrested and 242,000 referred to law enforcement by schools during the 2009-2010 school year. Black or Hispanic students made up more than 70 percent of arrested or referred students. Harsh school punishments ranging from suspensions to arrests are causing high numbers of youth of color to come into contact with the juvenile justice system at ever-earlier ages.

Keira being black and having received such a stiff sentence may all be coincidental, but given the history of victimization experienced by black folks at the hands of the law, you'd be foolish to disregard the role of race in this whole affair.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom