Dope mixtape. I enjoyed it a lot.

Pillow Talk
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Complete trash. I was appalled dude really tried to pass that off as music. Every track was just a cluster $!%* of noise. I was really disappointed thinking he had some promise in him cuz the Day N Night hit was an okay song.
You either A. Haven't listen to the mixtape, or B. Are unable to articulate your point intelligently.

Exactly which tracks were a "cluster-$*$+ of noise?"

Pass it off as music? What is it then?
I definitely did listen to the mixtape. A first impression like that isn't hard to forget. Dude is easily one of the worst of these new school artists that have entered the game recently. This mixtape was so bad I had to say to myself he couldn't possibly be this terrible and yet garner this much attention/hype/fans, so the next chance I gave him was his album which was better than this but still horrible.

As far as what is music this @@+! just sounded awful. No direction. Every song was bad, real bad like he just decided to pick up a mic and say gibberish over a beat that day bad.

I don't see how my opinion wasn't articulated intelligently. If you're unable to comprehend what I said in my previous post that's on you.
whoever doesnt like Cudi or this mixtape is not open minded. simple as that. Cudi is new music. He is like no one else.
Just because it's "new" doesn't mean it is good music. I don't know nothing about dude so I'm incapable of disliking him, just his music. The statement about not being open minded is extremely idiotic. If you think music is bad how does that correlate with not being open minded. The mere fact that I didn't delete the mixtape after the first song shows I was open minded enough to have hope that the tape would get better.

"T.G.I.F" was gibberish?.....the beat flip on the hook?!
eek.gif
smh.gif
sick.gif

Is "Whenever" not a dope concept to an already amazing song?

"Man on The Moon (The Anthem)" is NOT MUSICAL???

"Cleveland is the Reason" don't bang in the trunk????

And the transitions between the first 6 cuts aren't illy? Songs just thrown together??? Come on man.

Yes,  it's a dope mixtape. I don't skip anything. When I gave it a listen for the first time, I had no idea what to expect.
Embrace the Martian is so dope.
eek.gif
pimp.gif
Easily my favorite track on the mixtape. I'm always surprised when someone says they don't like Heaven at Nite, though. It's a dope track.

Originally Posted by Scienz of Life

I was hoping MOTM was more like this

MOTM was better than this. Honestly. And it's tough for me to say this cause I'm a HUGE fan of AKNC. 

Originally Posted by DJMano34

pimp.gif
I agree every track!!! whoever doesnt like Cudi or this mixtape is not open minded. simple as that. Cudi is new music. He is like no one else.

that's not a very open-minded statement...

Originally Posted by 13saldana13

Kid Cudi makes wack music IMO, some of it is good, but most is trash.

I don't like telling other people what they should or shouldn't listen to, but IDK what you're talking about man.
A Kid NAmed CuDi is a great mixtape. MOTM was a great album. He makes good music. Just because it's not your typical rap doesn't mean its not good.

I'm surprised nobody mentioned the trash that is Cudi Spazzin
laugh.gif

There's a few good songs but it's no classic, Cudi isn't even that great of a rapper to be honest.

And anyone thinking you have to be open-minded to appreciate this is probably the same guy saying the same %%@@ about 808's and Heartbreak
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by zube42

laugh.gif

There's a few good songs but it's no classic, Cudi isn't even that great of a rapper to be honest.

And anyone thinking you have to be open-minded to appreciate this is probably the same guy saying the same %%@@ about 808's and Heartbreak
laugh.gif

No one said that CuDi the RAPPER is the greatest. But CuDi the ARTIST is great. He's versatile. 
And you really do have to be open minded. I mean, he's not your typical rapper. You gotta think outside the box. You can't expect the " I kill, bag %@!+!$*, and i live in jail" rap. And for the record, 808's was a great album as well. But since people can't get passed the fact that KanYe is a rapper and that album was like an R n B album, they just hate on it. 

To me you can't even compare the genius of 808's with this garbage...
laugh.gif

Kanye crafted all of those songs from scratch & perfected the autotune joint... If you don't like the music thats cool but you cannot compare this wierdo spitting giberish over beats that barely sound mixed & mastered to Kanye's pet project... Ye's got more talent in his beat making fingers than Cudi could ever wish to have...

The thing is i TRY to like Cudi... I even disassociate him the rapper category & try to think of him as just a dude that makes songs... But its hard when it seems like either he makes absolute basura or crack rock... no in between....

But 808's (even if you hate it & feel it's Ye's worst album) is better than Cudi's ever recorded... ever...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mister Negative

To me you can't even compare the genius of 808's with this garbage...
laugh.gif

Kanye crafted all of those songs from scratch & perfected the autotune joint... If you don't like the music thats cool but you cannot compare this wierdo spitting giberish over beats that barely sound mixed & mastered to Kanye's pet project... Ye's got more talent in his beat making fingers than Cudi could ever wish to have...

The thing is i TRY to like Cudi... I even disassociate him the rapper category & try to think of him as just a dude that makes songs... But its hard when it seems like either he makes absolute basura or crack rock... no in between....

But 808's (even if you hate it & feel it's Ye's worst album) is better than Cudi's ever recorded... ever...
laugh.gif
I'm a huge fan of both. But here's what I think.
Ye would've never made 808's without having CuDi inspiring him. Kanye saw CuDi's style and "borrowed" it for 808's. Man On The Moon IS what 808's was SUPPOSED to be. So to say that 808's was great and MOTM was garbage is just contradictive. I mean, c'mon, Kanye had never made anything close to 808's and then he meets CuDi, likes his style of "emo rap" and then "PAM!" 808's is made (with CuDi writting lyrics for most of the songs)

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

No one said that CuDi the RAPPER is the greatest. But CuDi the ARTIST is great. He's versatile. 
And you really do have to be open minded. I mean, he's not your typical rapper. You gotta think outside the box. You can't expect the " I kill, bag %@!+!$*, and i live in jail" rap. And for the record, 808's was a great album as well. But since people can't get passed the fact that KanYe is a rapper and that album was like an R n B album, they just hate on it. 
         I don't generalize hip-hop to just murder and drugs like most of the dudes on here. What makes Cudi so versatile though? His production is cool but I really don't what's so talented about him lyrically or vocally.
         I won't get into it with 808's since it's a Cudi thread but the only good thing about the album was the production, auto-tune is wack and I really couldn't give a #*#! about what he had to say. All he talked about was how great he is and how he's so alone and sad. It was waaay too whiney for my liking.
         If "emo" rap is the term you want to use then I'd rather listen to an Atmosphere album then either of those.

I don't generalize hip-hop to just murder and drugs like most of the dudes on here. What makes Cudi so versatile though? His production is cool but I really don't what's so talented about him lyrically or vocally.
         I won't get into it with 808's since it's a Cudi thread but the only good thing about the album was the production, auto-tune is wack and I really couldn't give a +%%* about what he had to say. All he talked about was how great he is and how he's so alone and sad. It was waaay too whiney for my liking.

I respect that. Like I said, no 2 humans are alike. You're entitled to like or dislike whatever you like and vice versa.
Now, as for what makes CuDi versatile is he could make really good songs (Pursuit of Happiness, Man On The Moon, Soundtrack to my life, etc) really good club songs (Day N Nite, Memories). He can make a good song with a rap beat. he can make a good song with a rock beat. He just makes music that everyone could listen to. IDK if I'm explaining myself correctly, but you know those rappers taht could only make good songs on a rap beat and nothing else? Well, CuDi isn't like that.

I mean, what do you find so "trashy' about CuDi?

I won't get into it with 808's since it's a Cudi thread but the only good thing about the album was the production, auto-tune is wack and I really couldn't give a +%%* about what he had to say. All he talked about was how great he is and how he's so alone and sad. It was waaay too whiney for my liking.
I respect that. Like I said, no 2 humans are alike. You're entitled to like or dislike whatever you like and vice versa.
Now, as for what makes CuDi versatile is he could make really good songs (Pursuit of Happiness, Man On The Moon, Soundtrack to my life, etc) really good club songs (Day N Nite, Memories). He can make a good song with a rap beat. he can make a good song with a rock beat. He just makes music that everyone could listen to. IDK if I'm explaining myself correctly, but you know those rappers taht could only make good songs on a rap beat and nothing else? Well, CuDi isn't like that.

I mean, what do you find so "trashy' about CuDi?

I don't think he's trash at all. I just don't think he's as good as a lot of NT says he is. I liked Man on the Moon, no I didn't think it was a classic, but I could kick back and chill to it. I agree with what you say about him being able to make stuff the average rapper doesn't, but at times I find his style boring or that he sometimes tries too hard to be different.

The only thing that pisses me off is Cudi fans that say that people aren't open-minded enough or only listen to "gangsta rap" and that's why they don't like it. I listen to almost every genre of music just because I think a certain thing isn't as great at the next man does doesn't mean I have a simple mind...

The mixtape is a classic, definitely. I still like his album better though... literally no skipped songs on MOTM.

The only song I despise is "CuDi Get"... annoying little kid voices were played out by The Diplomats in 2003.

"Man on the Moon" and "The Prayer" are god tier Cudi songs. Some still consider those his best. "Down and Out" "Day N Nite" and "50 ways" are great as well.

There are still way too many rap fans locked into the gangsta mode. Rap can have different styles, and Cudi is just one mutation.

This is going to sound weak but anyone who's ever been depressed can relate to Cudi on a whole 'nother level. He really speaks to you if you're down. Just sayin'.

I don't think he's trash at all. I just don't think he's as good as a lot of NT says he is. I liked Man on the Moon, no I didn't think it was a classic, but I could kick back and chill to it. I agree with what you say about him being able to make stuff the average rapper doesn't, but at times I find his style boring or that he sometimes tries too hard to be different.

The only thing that pisses me off is Cudi fans that say that people aren't open-minded enough or only listen to "gangsta rap" and that's why they don't like it. I listen to almost every genre of music just because I think a certain thing isn't as great at the next man does doesn't mean I have a simple mind...

I respect that.
So you don't really like CuDi cause of his fans? That's another thing in itself. 

And as for what SONUNOX34 said, that's true. I guess that's why I love 808's and MOTM.

I respect that.
So you don't really like CuDi cause of his fans? That's another thing in itself. 

And as for what SONUNOX34 said, that's true. I guess that's why I love 808's and MOTM.

No no no, I said his fan piss me off when they say $#@$ like that but I just don't find Cudi's music to be that great. I don't dislike him, hell I'll probably check out his next album whenever it drops, I just don't think anything he's made thus far is worthy of a "classic" stamp. I believe he still has a lot of growing to do.

But Maui Wowie wasn't made to be a Classic song. It's a very catchy song.
It's not like people mention it as one of CuDi's best songs.

Back
Top Bottom