"A Kid Named Cudi" is a classic.

I completely agree.. I can play it all the way thru without skipping

A Kid Named Cudi >> Man on the Moon ...IMO

black chiney wrote:
nah but that %%%@ rides hard
my fav song of the tape

garbage
grin.gif

I can't call this classic but I'll admit I did a total about face on Cudi. I couldn't stand him at first but I bump Man on the Moon religiously now.

Originally Posted by sonunox34

The mixtape is a classic, definitely. I still like his album better though... literally no skipped songs on MOTM.

The only song I despise is "CuDi Get"... annoying little kid voices were played out by The Diplomats in 2003.

"Man on the Moon" and "The Prayer" are god tier Cudi songs. Some still consider those his best. "Down and Out" "Day N Nite" and "50 ways" are great as well.

There are still way too many rap fans locked into the gangsta mode. Rap can have different styles, and Cudi is just one mutation.

This is going to sound weak but anyone who's ever been depressed can relate to Cudi on a whole 'nother level. He really speaks to you if you're down. Just sayin'.
Exactly.

i was listening to this today for the first time in a while

played it 3 times back to back and i didnt even skip "50 ways to make a record" surprisingly

pimp.gif

Ok so all of those that listen to it all the way, do you guys really listen to Cudi Spazzin?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by zube42

Ok so all of those that listen to it all the way, do you guys really listen to Cudi Spazzin?
laugh.gif
hell yea.

all the tracks flow so smoothly into the next

plus

"open up your hearrrrt and you will understand meeeeee"

i agree...this was his "so far gone" he shoulda released it in stores ..im positive he woulda did #s

Agree 100%.

It's funny because alot of you are calling "Heaven at Nite" the weakest track and it's my favorite after Man on the Moon.

MOTM was a great album as well, but A Kid Named Cudi is on another level entirely.

I'm also looking for a hard copy of this btw, so if anybody knows how to get it, hook me up.

Oh, and for all the people who dislike this mixtape, name a better mixtape in the past 3 years. I'm just curious to see what you guys like. Because honestly I am not even going to deny that this is my favorite mixtape of all time.

Originally Posted by TeamJordanKidd532

Oh, and for all the people who dislike this mixtape, name a better mixtape in the past 3 years. I'm just curious to see what you guys like. Because honestly I am not even going to deny that this is my favorite mixtape of all time.

J. Cole- The Warm Up
Wale-Back to the Feature & The Mixtape About Nothing
Wiz Khalifa- Star Power 2
Curren$y- Take your pick
laugh.gif

Freddie Gibbs- midwestgangstaboxframecadillacmuzik
Drake- So far Gone
Big Sean - UKNOWBIGSEAN
hell G.o.D Jewels joint better than this joint to me
& i could go on.. I tried to keep it within the same "class" of dudes no need to bring out the heavy hitters...
laugh.gif

^Fair enough, at least you have good taste. The only recent mixtapes I would consider to be close to AKNC are the J.Cole joint and So Far Gone, but still they shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence imo.

Originally Posted by TeamJordanKidd532

dom-kennedy-future-streetdrug-sounds.jpg

28s9cle.jpg

Various_Artists_MOB_Members_Of_Byrdgang-front-large.jpg
2566870615_8c641275fb_o.jpg

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!!!!!

How can it be classic when it has these tracks?

Is There Any Love?
Cudi Get
Pillow Talk
Save My Soul
TGIF
Cudi Spazz

Originally Posted by zube42

laugh.gif

Oh yeah, I love the beat and it's better than CuDi Get... that's the only one I really can't listen to.

Oh, and for all the people who dislike this mixtape, name a bettermixtape in the past 3 years. I'm just curious to see what you guyslike. Because honestly I am not even going to deny that this is myfavorite mixtape of all time.
I like Cudi infinitely times more than Wayne... but IMO No Ceilings was easily the best tape of the year and in recent memory. Enemy of the State is better IMO too.

I'll even go as far as to say I like Mike Posner's "A Matter of Time" a tiny bit better than "A Kid Named Cudi"... that might be my favorite tape ever.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm a Cudi fiend. I just think MOTM is his best effort.

Back
Top Bottom