A look back on the Aqua VIII

This is very random, I know. But does anyone remember how easy it was to get (mens sizes) aquas depending on where you live? I live in nyc and i couldnt find a sz 12 for retail anywhere a week after release. Then Eastbay had a backorder restock about 7 months later for $99.99 which would have been $89.99 if you used the %20 off code which worked for these. For those that weren't around, it was this thread http://niketalk.yuku.com/...backorder-updates?page=1

I just find it crazy that these are valued at so much now. They aren't going for any less than $250 in stores which is strange for a gr sneaker that isnt even 5 years old yet

same thing happened with the recent xii's and remember when people were picking up the vii dmp pack for under a hundred?

Originally Posted by Resist

they're nice shoes, nicest 8 in my opinion

This 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Yea I was shocked at the prices for 'em. The ones I bought started getting ashy & i foolishly didn't pick a 2nd pair on RD
30t6p3b.gif
. But I just bought some suede renew & saved my self $250.

For me it was very easy. I use to work at a FNL and I was able to buy 2 pairs with my discount
pimp.gif
I wore one pair until they were beat and sold my DS pair for $200 shipped a year later.

I could have gone without knowing how much resell price is now
sick.gif
I don't have the retro's unfortunately...want, but not paying that much for them. Got 3 pair of og's though. Will be waiting for jb to retro again.

aquas were MAAASS produced...you had stores around my hood getting multiple restocks for em...joints is collecting dust in my house basically DS cuz

i seen da aftermath pics of people rockin em with da paint chippin off like some old painting in da 16th century.

Originally Posted by eltouha

same thing happened with the recent xii's and remember when people were picking up the vii dmp pack for under a hundred?

DMP VII Pack for under $100??????? WHERE was this?

Originally Posted by Pinero354

Originally Posted by eltouha

DMP VII Pack for under $100??????? WHERE was this?

I remember this too, but still passed... I want to say FinishLine.

i copped a month early and anoter pair rd day easy wasnt hard to get at all
one my fav j's ever

Originally Posted by ninjahood

aquas were MAAASS produced...you had stores around my hood getting multiple restocks for em...joints is collecting dust in my house basically DS cuz

i seen da aftermath pics of people rockin em with da paint chippin off like some old painting in da 16th century.
Spot on, Ninjahood. I rock a pair all the time and think they are one of the most comfortable pairs of J's out there but the paint chippin looks just like that pic above me and that was just from a few times of casual wear. Just absolute garbage quality on the paint on these. I do still have a DS retro in 10.5 but I'm assuming the same thing would happen to those so in the box they shall sit
mad.gif

maybe its a climate problem?
wore mine a few times after they dropped in foggy weather and didnt have any paint issues

It's funny because in the UK it was the other way around -The Aquas sold out pretty fast & it was the Playoffs that sat for a while.
Got 2 pairs on release day & still haven't worn them because of all the cracking issues highlighted above.
30t6p3b.gif

^^^aww man. Thats ridiculous. Wear your shoes! the shoe released damn near 5 years ago. you got two pairs and still havent worn em? You wildin. life is too short

yea its crazy how the reseller price for these is so high but when back when they released they sat there for awhile. Nobody was really buying them 
ohwell.gif
. I came to foot locker 2 or 3 weeks after release day and still got my size 
pimp.gif

Got a pair with my Nordstrom discount when I was working there and sold them to my cousin for retail 8 months later. Then someone broke into his car and stole them. I miss these. 

I HAD NO IDEA THE PRICE WENT UP THAT HIGH ON THESE.. ONE OF THE VIII'S I KEPT ALONG WITH THE OG WHITE/RED

I was able to cop these easily... but it was on reserve, back at home i knew everybody that worked in one of the finishlines so i had no issues... but they sold out. I love this shoe a little cracking in the paint on the inside of mine but they still holding strong and looking good

Back
Top Bottom