A look back on the Aqua VIII

Originally Posted by lildawgryan

Originally Posted by MJ All Day45

Accidently set these on fire last week cleaning them. *tears*

ok ill be the one to ask. how exactly do you go about setting them on fire while cleaning them.

Cliffs
-very high
-spayed suede cleaner on and wiped. Must have been over saturated.
-said "Damn let me burn off the frays."
-burned off a few...then re-lit them to burn them down lower and WHOOSH!!!!!
-freaked out and threw the shoe and tried to blow it out.
-didn't work so I ran to the bathroom and threw them in the tub and turned the water on but it was too late.
- grown *%* 24 year old man in tears when i held them up. Pics later.
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

That was my second pair of Aquas.
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

It's crazy how much the price has gone up on them. I remember seeing a few pairs for $180.
Now, they are going for almost $300.

i still need a pair of aquas, damn 8's in general actually. I really want the bugs bunny's though...

Originally Posted by lildawgryan

Accidently set these on fire last week cleaning them. *tears*

ok ill be the one to ask. how exactly do you go about setting them on fire while cleaning them.

Cliffs
-very high
-spayed suede cleaner on and wiped. Must have been over saturated.
-said "Damn let me burn off the frays."
-burned off a few...then re-lit them to burn them down lower and WHOOSH!!!!!
-freaked out and threw the shoe and tried to blow it out.
-didn't work so I ran to the bathroom and threw them in the tub and turned the water on but it was too late.
- grown *%* 24 year old man in tears when i held them up. Pics later.
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

That was my second pair of Aquas.
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

eek.gif

I can't wait to see the aftermath.. 

Just had a look on the flightclub website, and some of those prices are crazy !If only I knew the aqua viii's were worth so much now !!!These (aqua viii's) didn't sell well for the recent retro, I recall seeing a about 35-40 pairs at the Nike factory going for $140 a pair and on some weekends add 40% discount to that and I could of picked these up for about $85 !They now on flightclub for $380-400 !

That is insane. I got a DS pair the beginning of year for $120 and the most they would sell for is $150-$160. The price has been going up since they dropped the fusion if I'm not mistaken. Regardless, tt's interesting what drives demand up.

few issues that would have made the Aqua VIII retros much better:
1. more durable paintjob at the midsoles
2. use the original shaped plastic laceholders at the straps

Man i wanted these so bad but once i heard of the paint chipping i stopped having interest in these. im 6'0 245 so i know these things will peel off with the first wear.

Flightclub prices = no lube though

Love mine, dont wear them often enough for my liking, no chipping or any other issues actually. V comfy like the ankle support

Originally Posted by Riverdale Road

Love my Aquas. No chipping after 10+ wears
2pqmety.jpg

Those look really gooder after 10 wears.

After one, my toe box creasing was tumtamble.

one of my favorite j's . . definitely in my top 3.. i remember seeing them in outlets way back here in the philippines along with the peapods and orange stealths back in 08.. i regret never getting them for a discounted price.. 1 year after..i bought them aquas for retail price from a online seller.. very very happy with them with minimal paint chips after 10+ wears..

Worn mine a few times... I'm not big on wearing em but they look nice in the box lol.... Only J's I like to rock are the 3's, 4's and 11's

I got mine just sitting in the box in my closet. I have worn them maybe 4 times. Got them for like $80 off Eastbay when they had that restock. Not a fan of the 8s, I think they are a bit too clunky.

I love my pair, I wear them pretty regularly and I do have some cracking, but it really isn't bad. I'm glad I copped these and the playoff 8s.

Back
Top Bottom