A look back on the Aqua VIII

I Wanted Both Of These Shoes Back When They Came Out But My Money Wasnt No Where Near Right At The Time... I Missed Out On ALOT From 07 - 09. 
30t6p3b.gif

There's a size 11 on the bay right now. At 181, seven bids and 6 1/2 days remaining.

These will peak at 250 easy.

Good gracious, i copped these back in June 09 for the 180 new.

But holy my wife ain't no trophy... cuz the paint chipping/hairline fractures are REAL.

Only wore 'em a dozen times but these are one of those shoes I WILL naysay about quality.

The firereds and these are on par - material wise and it sucks cuz these are flames. Johnny Storm.

I love these viii's...I'm so pissed I never picked up another pair. Never thought they would've chipped like they did.

It's funny, I was just thinking about these earlier today and how I wanted to wear mine again. They sold out fast and I didn't have the money for them that week. The next week, they came into the store and I bought them that day. They actually sat in the store for a little while (NTNY) when we got the restock in. Eventually people got their pairs. I guess I didn't wear them that much at the time because so many people had them on. I just put them away until later like I do most stuff...

I had 2 pairs , matching hoody, shorts , and socks lol

Sold all that %#! and just kept 1 ds pair

I just sold my USED pair on eBay size 9 for $285. I still have a DS pair. My pair never chipped and I wore at least 10 times.

A lot of people called these the "hypebeast shoes" a little while back.
laugh.gif

Best General Released AJ VIII's in my opinion.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

aquas were MAAASS produced...you had stores around my hood getting multiple restocks for em...joints is collecting dust in my house basically DS cuz

i seen da aftermath pics of people rockin em with da paint chippin off like some old painting in da 16th century.

6d126db17891962f36ffd5c91afd9e4552ff193c_r.jpg

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
After 10 wears

Originally Posted by Raposo927

Never cared much for the aquas
gotta agree. for that matter, i'm not a fan of the viii's. if the price is right for a used pair of aqua's, i'll buy them just to use as work shoes.

Originally Posted by MJ All Day45

Originally Posted by ninjahood

aquas were MAAASS produced...you had stores around my hood getting multiple restocks for em...joints is collecting dust in my house basically DS cuz

i seen da aftermath pics of people rockin em with da paint chippin off like some old painting in da 16th century.

6d126db17891962f36ffd5c91afd9e4552ff193c_r.jpg

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
After 10 wears
I feel ya, fam. I'm in the same boat. If these didn't have sentimental value to me from my youth I'd toss that DS pair I got up on the bay but I can't do it. I just ball in my cracked pair now.

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

Originally Posted by Raposo927

Never cared much for the aquas
gotta agree. for that matter, i'm not a fan of the viii's. if the price is right for a used pair of aqua's, i'll buy them just to use as work shoes.

f2226e51e29e265d3bcfdfc2e36c1500872348f3_r.gif

Some of the prices people trying to resell these for is ridiculous.. 250+
sick.gif

Almost as over priced as the grapes
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

It's been years and I still want a pair today. It's definitely my favorite colorway in VIII's.
Too bad I missed out on a ds pair my friend was selling last year. If only I came to him earlier I would have got it instead of VVNDS Chrome VIII.
On lower sizes it's at least $250 but on size 13 it's around $300, smh. But I'll still try to get a pair.

sold my pair (worn 1 time) to a friend last month. I much prefer the white/reds & playoffs over these.

mine started chipping after 2nd wear, but god!, I love the snug fit..slowly becoming my favorite shoe over all

it seems like yesterday when i copped these. I got them on RD and only wore them a couple times to date. everyone and their mother rocking these really turned me off. I have minimal paint chipping but they still look great.

definitely my favorite VIII, with the playoff VIII not too far behind.

I have a pair but i hardly wear them, they don't look that appealing to me.  . imo, the Peapods were the best colorway of the VIII

Back
Top Bottom