A Ma Maniere AJ3 - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING ALLOWED

Yeah...these are ****tin on royal toes, glad I did that trade
20210512_183811.jpg

I can’t believe I sold someone my DS 2018 BC3s for $400+ on StockX… I honestly almost felt bad about it like “you sure you want these fam?”
:lol:
Dude, that’s exactly how I felt when I sold my DS 2011 Concords on SX for $400–less than two months before the 2018 Concord release. I was like, are you serious? Even crazier, prices/sales on them today are even higher. At least if you believe SX’s sales data. Like another pair another pair just said, I’m seriously starting to question the legitimacy of those supposed numbers. Half the time anymore, the numbers for asks and offers don’t even match what a shoe’s main listing page shows as the lowest ask and highest offer. SX also adds or just makes up sales prices it lists that were CLEARLY not transactions on SX. I’ve watched a couple shoes lately where the lowest ask and highest bid don’t change for days, but magically several new “sale” prices appear during the same time. At best, the SX app/site is horribly glitched, if not outright fabricating sales and prices supposedly paid.
And yeah, I know it claims to include some sales from outside of SX, but that’s galactically stupid at best. If I’m buying on SX (rarely), I don’t care about prices being pulled in from ebay or Goat or wherever. It just clouds the reality of the SX marketplace in real time. Just like if I’m shopping on ebay, I don’t want it showing me sales prices from Goat or SX, which it of course doesn’t.

Last edited:
It’s a rigged game and I think that’s what’s made SX and Goat so successful. Today I was thinking about the Goat Storage concept, like why is there such a price discrepancy between the lowest Goat ask and their “instant ship” price? I’m convinced they use a pair that’s being held in Goat Storage to fulfill that instant order, and don’t tell the owner of that actual shoe, while hoping that they have a steady stream of people storing that same shoe in the same size. And my theory as to why TS 1’s never went below $700? That’s the price SX said that if anyone tries to sell for that number or below that SX would buy that shoe themselves to store and keep the price high, knowing damn well this shoe would only explode in value.

It’s a rigged game and I think that’s what’s made SX and Goat so successful. Today I was thinking about the Goat Storage concept, like why is there such a price discrepancy between the lowest Goat ask and their “instant ship” price? I’m convinced they use a pair that’s being held in Goat Storage to fulfill that instant order, and don’t tell the owner of that actual shoe, while hoping that they have a steady stream of people storing that same shoe in the same size. And my theory as to why TS 1’s never went below $700? That’s the price SX said that if anyone tries to sell for that number or below that SX would buy that shoe themselves to store and keep the price high, knowing damn well this shoe would only explode in value.
im pretty they have in house speculative analyst that scoop up pairs being offered for cheap to resell later down the road.. they double dips on the profit from buyer and seller as well

Goat “instant ship” is shoes consigned at Flight Club.

If y’all don’t know how something works, just ask. It’s not some huge secret. Sharing your conspiracy theories just makes you look silly (to put it very nicely).
Goat and flight club are in business together so the prices always seem to match up when you check between the 2 from my experience

Goat “instant ship” is shoes consigned at Flight Club.

If y’all don’t know how something works, just ask. It’s not some huge secret. Sharing your conspiracy theories just makes you look silly (to put it very nicely).
That’s interesting. What’s the relationship between the two?

Well I'm tired of this game and I just want to cross a few off my list and be done

:lol:
Dude, that’s exactly how I felt when I sold my DS 2011 Concords on SX for $400–less than two months before the 2018 Concord release. I was like, are you serious? Even crazier, prices/sales on them today are even higher. At least if you believe SX’s sales data. Like another pair another pair just said, I’m seriously starting to question the legitimacy of those supposed numbers. Half the time anymore, the numbers for asks and offers don’t even match what a shoe’s main listing page shows as the lowest ask and highest offer. SX also adds or just makes up sales prices it lists that were CLEARLY not transactions on SX. I’ve watched a couple shoes lately where the lowest ask and highest bid don’t change for days, but magically several new “sale” prices appear during the same time. At best, the SX app/site is horribly glitched, if not outright fabricating sales and prices supposedly paid.
And yeah, I know it claims to include some sales from outside of SX, but that’s galactically stupid at best. If I’m buying on SX (rarely), I don’t care about prices being pulled in from ebay or Goat or wherever. It just clouds the reality of the SX marketplace in real time. Just like if I’m shopping on ebay, I don’t want it showing me sales prices from Goat or SX, which it of course doesn’t.

Stock X is very intentionally trying to mimic an equities stock exchange. Their sales history is their version of the tape. Displaying prices across exchanges is standard pract

I could've swore they said they no longer display/track sales across different platforms. They stopped doing that a couple years after inception.

I feel that. I’m pretty much there tbh. A couple things I wouldn’t mind adding but not pressed. I’ll still grab a new pair of J’s every now and then, but I’m pretty content with what I got overall
Same I got some gems still DS and might grab something here and there but with all the shenanigans just to spend my money I'm good I need to be stressed free and be happy with what I got

Back
Top Bottom