A Ma Maniere AJ5 *** UPDATE *** Feds enter the chat

Oddly the lace locks are upside down and backwards factory laced. No idea why they did it that way. But it was like that on both my dawn and dusk pairs.

Also - in pictures dawn > dusk.

In hand? Dusk >>> dawn.

Pretty sure that was because of how they tucked the laces back behind the tongue. It flipped them over.

serious question but what makes the dusks the better pair? is it because they are more limited?
For me it’s because the predominantly black shoe with small hints of burgundy are more versatile than a mostly white/grey shoe with Blue hints.
plus the Metallic V’s are one of the GOATS and this tweak is close enough but way different at the same time.

Hope they do, I'd probably swing back around and grab the Dawn pair if they're retail a month from now.

I'm a size 13M tho, for me they'll probably still be at 300 or so

For me it’s because the predominantly black shoe with small hints of burgundy are more versatile than a mostly white/grey shoe with Blue hints.
plus the Metallic V’s are one of the GOATS and this tweak is close enough but way different at the same time.

I might be the minority but I feel like black based shows are great in concept and stand alone but aren’t actually easier to pull off. Or atleast not in a way that I like to dress. My favorite black shoes are ones with a features that contrast the black. Like execution of the black cement 3s vs the black cat 3s plays a huge part in why the black cats wouldn’t get picked by me. I think what actually gives the AMM pair the most points is the contrast built up by the aged opaque netting and the white/cream laces. The type of nubuck they used also adds to that contrast as well. But even with that said, I wouldn’t consider them more versatile just because they’re black. I’m not some fashion savant either but I try to do more than a basic white/black tee on the few occasions I get to throw on some dope shoes.

I might be the minority but I feel like black based shows are great in concept and stand alone but aren’t actually easier to pull off. Or atleast not in a way that I like to dress. My favorite black shoes are ones with a features that contrast the black. Like execution of the black cement 3s vs the black cat 3s plays a huge part in why the black cats wouldn’t get picked by me. I think what actually gives the AMM pair the most points is the contrast built up by the aged opaque netting and the white/cream laces. The type of nubuck they used also adds to that contrast as well. But even with that said, I wouldn’t consider them more versatile just because they’re black. I’m not some fashion savant either but I try to do more than a basic white/black tee on the few occasions I get to throw on some dope shoes.
To each their own. That being said, Id still pick the dusk over the dawn. You'd pick the Dawns?

Speaking of Black Cat 4's, when they first dropped those and 06/07 Metallic V's were my go to shoes almost everyday. I beat the 4's up so much the unbuckle was peeling off ( similar to what happens when you beat the OG retro cool grey 4's).

Cancellations seem to be going out today for orders they created labels for and sat on for weeks. And man, some of the pairs being posted in Discord are complete garbage. Entire toebox area on both shoes scuffed. Completely mangled pairs flattened.

processed-50187FCA-FA84-4988-A70E-064F203CB9F7.jpg

processed-18DB0B65-332D-4076-AD73-24F2EE72A6EB.jpg

Dusks from the EQLraffle just shipped and expected to arrive (Cali) next Wednesday. Why exactly did I pay $20 for shipping when it’s not even expedited?! I’m cool with the processing time to get the orders out, but this slow af delivery time is not it.

Dusks from the EQLraffle just shipped and expected to arrive (Cali) next Wednesday. Why exactly did I pay $20 for shipping when it’s not even expedited?! I’m cool with the processing time to get the orders out, but this slow af delivery time is not it.
I gotta agree. $20 to cali better put my box in that 2 day window minimum

To each their own. That being said, Id still pick the dusk over the dawn. You'd pick the Dawns?

Speaking of Black Cat 4's, when they first dropped those and 06/07 Metallic V's were my go to shoes almost everyday. I beat the 4's up so much the unbuckle was peeling off ( similar to what happens when you beat the OG retro cool grey 4's).

Yup 100%. I’ve always thought the dawns were the better and more unique of the 2 colorways. Way more dimension/character to them with the grey upper, aged details, and the blue hits. The dusks aren’t bad at all, and the details really make them stand out from other black based 5s. But being a predominantly black shoe in and of itself doesn’t add to its appeal. And that might just be because stepping out in kicks like this happens less and less frequently cause of life and work, I feel like I want rock stuff a little more prominent. But that just me!

I feel like back in 06/07 any all black shoe became a beater instantly. I also tore up my black cat 3s and 4s. Treated the black metallic 5s better for some reason.

This has been my issue the whole time. Sure processing the order is one thing but if you’re gonna charge $20 expedite that sh*t!!

Fwiw y’all they charge 20 flat rate shipping for every order. Might

Back
Top Bottom