A third Batman movie...

Originally Posted by theone2401

Originally Posted by mdresident

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Originally Posted by IICEMAN83

Am I the only one who thinks " The dark knight " was garbage. I mean seriously. It was soooooo cheesey. Batmans " I got a c0k stuck in my throat tryna be hard glaring my teeth for no reason" voice is annoying
OOOOooooo and the fake impossible stunts. Like the Battymobile, by some magical force finding its way up a 3 story parking lot??????
Give me a break. This stuff is for kids
You know..although I did enjoy the movie, this stuff is for kids. I swear, NT gets excited over the most childish things, almost as if they all missed out on their childhood. like "EEEEk, new spider man 4!!!!! carnage!!!" If i didn't know any better, I would have thought this board was full of 9 year olds. I guess i just can't dig the whole super hero thing anymore. i mean come on..batman and ol girl fell from like a 90 story building, not a scratch on either of them.
indifferent.gif

The Dark Knight was a DARK movie and not intended for "kids". Based on your theory, about 90% of movies made are kid movies. You can't dig the whole super hero thing? It's not like Batman can go invisible and fly and stuff like that. He's just a normal dude with gadgets who does work.
laugh.gif
The Dark Knight was more of a crime movie than a "superhero" movie.

Comparing Nolan's Batman to Spider Man is
sick.gif

lol at son defending batman like you developed the comic. i think he is a superhero..i mean, son runs around town dressed as a bat...how can any adult take that seriously. like i said, it was enjoyable, i took it for what it was. oh and im sorry i compared spider man to your beloved bat man. lol, u a geek.
No you just missed the point of the movie and movies in general. The movie has themes and messages that are told in the characters of batman and the villains.

No not everyone goes to a movie to analyze but at least if your going to criticize it acknowledge the other side of the coin. You are the only one who seems childish because you dont understand there is more to a movie then just the characters. If you think batman is just about a guy running around in a suit then the movie is over your head.

oh..because son is a vigalante that was shook of bats, and he conqured his fear and became a bat, thats deep? Son, do not make this movie deeper than it is.
Closer but not there yet. The Dark Knight vs the White Knight is a good place to start if you are interested in something besides criticizing. There is depth to this movie if your eyes are open that is the bottom line.

you got it son..im not gonna argue about it...i liked the movie..i just think as ppl get older..we lose our imagination..

Am I the only one who thinks " The dark knight " was garbage. I mean seriously. It was soooooo cheesey. Batmans " I got a c0k stuck in my throat tryna be hard glaring my teeth for no reason" voice is annoying
OOOOooooo and the fake impossible stunts. Like the Battymobile, by some magical force finding its way up a 3 story parking lot??????
You know..although I did enjoy the movie, this stuff is for kids. I swear, NT gets excited over the most childish things, almost as if they all missed out on their childhood. like "EEEEk, new spider man 4!!!!! carnage!!!" If i didn't know any better, I would have thought this board was full of 9 year olds. I guess i just can't dig the whole super hero thing anymore. i mean come on..batman and ol girl fell from like a 90 story building, not a scratch on either of them.
indifferent.gif

The Dark Knight was a DARK movie and not intended for "kids". Based on your theory, about 90% of movies made are kid movies. You can't dig the whole super hero thing? It's not like Batman can go invisible and fly and stuff like that. He's just a normal dude with gadgets who does work.
laugh.gif

sick.gif

lol at son defending batman like you developed the comic. i think he is a superhero..i mean, son runs around town dressed as a bat...how can any adult take that seriously. like i said, it was enjoyable, i took it for what it was. oh and im sorry i compared spider man to your beloved bat man. lol, u a geek.
No you just missed the point of the movie and movies in general. The movie has themes and messages that are told in the characters of batman and the villains.

No not everyone goes to a movie to analyze but at least if your going to criticize it acknowledge the other side of the coin. You are the only one who seems childish because you dont understand there is more to a movie then just the characters. If you think batman is just about a guy running around in a suit then the movie is over your head.

oh..because son is a vigalante that was shook of bats, and he conqured his fear and became a bat, thats deep? Son, do not make this movie deeper than it is.
Closer but not there yet. The Dark Knight vs the White Knight is a good place to start if you are interested in something besides criticizing. There is depth to this movie if your eyes are open that is the bottom line.

you got it son..im not gonna argue about it...i liked the movie..i just think as ppl get older..we lose our imagination..

Well I am getting up there but my imagination keeps me young and happy you should try to get it back its an important thing man seriously.

I just hope it wont turn into another Spiderman 3. They killed dude's character making him all winey and *+!@, dude sounded like a sap the whole movie.

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

sick.gif

Well I am getting up there but my imagination keeps me young and happy you should try to get it back its an important thing man seriously.

i agree, but we all have diff tastes in movies..i like movies with realism. ill use comedy for example.. dont get me wrong i love dumb and dumber and stepbrothers and movies like that, but they are so unrealistic. where as knocked up, the 40 yr old virgin have a sense of realism. the hilarious dialouge is whatmake sit funny, not stupid antics.

I just saw the movie for the first time this past weekend and going in, I knew it would be good but i was more than blown away by the flick... every personinvolved made this film a classic in my eyes (yeah, I said it... A CLASSIC) it is by far the best "superhero" movie I've ever seen and that saysalot considering I'm a big fan of the genre... It really set the standard for how superhero movies should be done in the future...

Controversial or not, Heath Ledger gave the performance of a !%#**+$ lifetime... so any villian in this series will forever be compared to him... that beingsaid, i can't see just one villian holding down the part in the next installment... they would be mercilessly held up to the standard of the Joker andthat's a huge burden to bear... I think the next installment should be a collective of villians so that 1) on the entertainment side, we get to seeNolan's genius without his villian be constantly scrutinized and 2) on the story side of it, we get to see Batman reign again as the hero that Gotham needswhen it's discovered he's really keeping the city safe...

I would love to see Freeze get a rendering in the next film... I'm not sure who should play him but it has to be better than the Governator's take onhim... I've heard rumors of Depp as Riddler and Jolie as Catwoman... neither of which I would mind (even though it must be said, Carrey did a hell of a jobin his role)... I think a collective of the lesser-knowns (Black Mask for example) would be the best choice just so that we don't get more and more of thesame villians shown throughout all of the Batman movies... it just gets stale after awhile...

And to all the ones talking about how the series is for kids and all this other nonsense, is there really any point to that? If you didn't have anything topost, why are you in this thread?

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

sick.gif

i agree, but we all have diff tastes in movies..i like movies with realism. ill use comedy for example.. dont get me wrong i love dumb and dumber and step brothers and movies like that, but they are so unrealistic. where as knocked up, the 40 yr old virgin have a sense of realism. the hilarious dialouge is what make sit funny, not stupid antics.

Yea, what I like about Batman specifically is how it shows a rich guy who has EVERYTHING in the world and still isnt happy so much so he has to dress up as abat and fight crime at night. Bruce Wayne takes no credit for being batman and gets no fame from it yet he still does good just because he wants to where asHarvey Dent who took all the credit for being a good guy turned evil as soon as he was faced with some adversity. The whole movie showed Batman that he wasexactly like the Joker just one is good and one is bad they didnt do it for money or fame it was just who they were and that people like that exist in theworld. It just shows you the nature of people and society I love movies like that and that is as real as anything in the movies you like. I am not knockingyour preferences I am just saying its all relative.

WHOOOOSH!

Its a @#%#*# movie.

Lotta feelings in this thread, lotta feelings.
laugh.gif

I can't wait for a third one, I have complete trust in Nolan and Bale to not let this movie slide downhill.

We all know that it will be IMPOSSIBLE to match TDK, but that doesn't mean they can't do solid work for a third.
pimp.gif

I had a thought on the 3rd film and i had 2 diff. points on why i think we will see the joker again...

why i think this? because the joker is the best villain in the history of batman so i think that they will bring him back, even tho it wont be as great aperformance as ledger gave, but it will be good none the less, so ill give u guys 2 ppl who can be very good jokers

1. Orlando Bloom.....
He and ledger looked quite a like in person, so if they would like to keep the same lookin joker if they do bring him back, Bloom would do good and he is agood actor

2. Edward Norton.....
He would also make a real good joker....
But he would look like the joker were used to seeing, with the flat top like hairstyle..(like he looked in fight club)
And Norton has played a kind of bad guy type of role before, and he was real good in those roles (american history x, primal fear).

if i had to pick, i would go with Norton

anyways, those are just some thoughts i had, share if yall want

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

sick.gif

You sat there, watched the film, and thats all you interpreted? yeah ill pass on this convo.

Back
Top Bottom