A Third Of America's 18-34 Years Olds Live With Their Parents

is obama part of the blame?

• yes, obama is a joke

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no, obama is GOAT

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Haha always love when older try and drop wisdom, realize I'm nothing like they thought and that my opinions on life are based on a lot more life experience than my drivers license promises...then through they hands up with the 'i wish you well.' My mom was the first to realize I got life figured out...she learned that when I was ten...I'm still that same kid...now I pay my own bills and am on the verge of a great career, excellent reputation in real life, with my contemporaries ...so soon ****** won't be able to tell me a damn thing!

I appreciate the debate and the judgements, they help me refine my beliefs, only through scrutiny do we know ourselves.

This is another thing.

I let my 20 year old brother live with me for a year. I went from single man to having my brother there.

There are cost involved with having another person live with you outside of rent that your parents are paying that a person that has never lived by themselves never think about.

That isn't True in all cases and wouldn't be the case if

A) You come from a Family that didn't have much cash to begin with.
B) Had parents who continued to prep you for real life instead of babying you.

I live at home with one parent.....just turned 25 have a year left to finish school, Working a payed internship that could develop to a good job in the future, but considering my parents didn't have a big amount of money from the get i've been working since 16.

So Food, utilities (Cable, Phone, Appliances), Clothing, even small things like soap & cleaning products etc etc i've learned to provide for myself. Once i did my first year of college i stopped expecting for my parents to do anything for me besides keep the rent payed.

Everything else is handled by me especially living with my father. Now don't get me wrong i know people who have all their food, laundry, even ****** phone bills paid for by their parents that's an entirely different story, and your setting your child up for failure that way. But as long as you keep note that your parents paying for housing is a luxury and not a need, most people gradually start becoming independent and are just waiting on their money situation to stabilize.

If some1 don't listen or try to listen
You gotta know a lost cause when u see one and explaining anything. To a kid such as yourself is a lost cause

Therefore hands go up n ppl will want nun to do with you. Hope u don't fall flat on your face but it is what it is kid...

Becoming a man good luck with that
Peace

Last edited:
This is another thing.

I let my 20 year old brother live with me for a year. I went from single man to having my brother there.

There are cost involved with having another person live with you outside of rent that your parents are paying that a person that has never lived by themselves never think about.

That isn't True in all cases and wouldn't be the case if

A) You come from a Family that didn't have much cash to begin with.
B) Had parents who continued to prep you for real life instead of babying you.

I live at home with one parent.....just turned 25 have a year left to finish school, Working a payed internship that could develop to a good job in the future, but considering my parents didn't have a big amount of money from the get i've been working since 16.

So Food, utilities (Cable, Phone, Appliances), Clothing, even small things like soap & cleaning products etc etc i've learned to provide for myself. Once i did my first year of college i stopped expecting for my parents to do anything for me besides keep the rent payed.

Everything else is handled by me especially living with my father. Now don't get me wrong i know people who have all their food, laundry, even ****** phone bills paid for by their parents that's an entirely different story, and your setting your child up for failure that way. But as long as you keep note that your parents paying for housing is a luxury and not a need, most people gradually start becoming independent and are just waiting on their money situation to stabilize.

You take showers right?

You wash your clothes and own a TV?

My water and electric bill doubled when my brother was there.

It's not as simple as keeping the rent paid

But why are they telling me things? So I can succeed right? So if A) I don't want their 'success' B) I gain their success by holding on to my ideals then what's the problem? I listen, read your posts. We have philosophically different views on life... So I'm a child now because I don't view the world the way you do, despite achieving every marker of success you've placed? People hate to be 'wrong' you know, when they say 'you can't do that, that way' and you do it...it's been that my entire life.

I have a tattoo on my hand that reads 'make your own path' I got it years ago, you know how many older people said 'that's stupid, you won't ever get a job' and I replied 'its the persons character, not their features' and guess what? I steady get jobs...that's the life I live, I do what makes me happy, as everyone should. But like I said, if 'judging' people online makes them childish(not my definition, but yours) ...then I guess WE'RE children.

You take showers right?

Did you completely skim over the part that CLEARLY says

So Food, utilities (Cable, Phone, Appliances), Clothing, even small things like soap & cleaning products etc etc i've learned to provide for myself.

your mature so i would hope you understand that Appliances would include paying Electricity/Water.... Also cleaning products would usually reference cleaning detergent guy.

Grow up be a man your living in a fantasy...I believe half of what you type to not even be true....

I'm a man you yourself called yourself a kid... Therefore go talk to a kid
You don't deserve grown up talk cause your head is up your ***, you call yourself a kid but make judgement on other being adults online?

Get your head out your ***
You come off as a spoiled smug child

Peace

Last edited:
You take showers right?

I doubt this to be true, but understand the point you're making.

Why is my head up my ***? Because we disagree? Cool, but you aren't saying anything I don't hear on the reg.

I never asked you to believe, frankly don't care if you do.

You said I was a kid for judging people in the Internet...which was judging me on the Internet... Which in turn makes you a kid. I also said I don't care what you think about me, but if you believe judging people online to be childish, then so be it.

I don't care. Live your life, ill be ok. whether you believe it or not A) your age doesn't make you more wise B) you dont have a corner on the 'life market'. Ill just put you on the long lost of older folks who tried to drop knowledge only to realize, good on knowledge, it's discipline I need, but that's nothing they can offer...especially since I can take care of myself.

Here's the secret to life:

Love
Treat people right
Work your *** off
Don't take things so personal/serious
Have patience
Pay your bills
Don't catch felonies
Don't worry about what other people think about you
And overall..enjoi yourself...

Did I miss anything?

Edit: money is only a score card...it don't hurt to be winning though.

Last edited:
U called yourself a kid in your own post before go read lol end this dont respond your not worth the time you seem like a lost cause...your heads blocked and unable to consume real thoughts that aren't your own..it will get you nowhere but do you

Ok kid it's cool I don't need no response nor do i Want no part of ppl like you enjoy yourself

You're in a pissing match with some1 who wouldnt even stand next to you
Move along youngin grow up

Last edited:
I dont care what anyone says. I dont care how normal it is for people my age.

Nothing makes me feel more loserish than living with parents at 25 and I dont see anyway out of this situation until I am 28 at the very least. :smh:

Last edited:
There's a **** ton of poor people Obama's gotta get through before first before he can start buying ME out..

previous generations had the benefits of a stronger dollar, higher relative wages, lower house prices, much lower % of tuition from loans - and oh ya - the dependency programming wasn't nearly as strong...

i haven't lived at home since i was 17 but one shouldn't reduce the problem to only laziness

it's actually an indicator as to how the economy is doing - and it will never be the 1950's again (when this country peaked)
This right here. Things are rough out here. Lots of folks be going to school for majors that aren't in demand, rack up a lot of debt and get ****** jobs. The fact that no good jobs are being created doesn't help anything.

you can't afford to live in an area i own property in..

go back to the drawing board

I can't afford? Lol I own a buisness
Kid you work for a buisness

You work for people
People work for me
U see where I'm going?

I've been writtenn up many times within a short period of time...

I'm invested in a buisness started from 0 and built it from the.ground.up

I sell today you no what were looking at? Haha

When your invested in a buisness you don't pull out till times right

Can I afford to live.ANYWHERE in the world? Yes

Am i ready to turn a jackpot prematurely into liquid?
No way cause I'm My own buisnessman

So I dint want to hear about **** u got handed to you

I came to this country with 800 cash and im in a world u can never touch

You ain't build **** from ground up
Sorry kid you're not there
Trust fund baby telling me what I can n can't afford check back into reality kid you could never be me

Self made is big diffrence
I come from the bottom
No jobs no money in my country
But still I'm at you if not past
You started to da middle if not the top kid you not like me

Last edited:
All of Chicago isn't as crazy as most people think.

This place still sucks.

Been to NYC and Chicago takes Ls in every category except price/cost. Don't know what people are paying for in a city that shuts down at 1 and is cold or rainy 7 months a year.

Never been to LA or SF but from what I can tell from people I know who been there Chicago still takes Ls in every category.

Last edited:
Too many people would rather have money for shoes and going out than have their own place. To each their own.

I just didn't wanna be 40 years old still in my moms house.

All of Chicago isn't as crazy as most people think.

This place still sucks.

Been to NYC and Chicago takes Ls in every category except price/cost. Don't know what people are paying for in a city that shuts down at 1 and is cold or rainy 7 months a year.

Never been to LA or SF but from what I can tell from people I know who been there Chicago still takes Ls in every category.

I need to travel more, lol.. I'm there a few times a year and I actually like the city(Downtown area). My gf stays walking distance from the UC.

Back
Top Bottom