A Third Of America's 18-34 Years Olds Live With Their Parents

is obama part of the blame?

• yes, obama is a joke

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no, obama is GOAT

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
lol... you are a "part owner" of a single restaurant...

I OWN AND RUN an IT firm based in beverly hills...

Built from the ground up

I hire and train my employees

Serving Santa monica, Beverly hills, Los angeles, Orange county, San Bernardino county....

Cellphone store and repair in San Marin

Just opened an Art Gallery with my friend in Beverly hills

Off Rodeo Gallery @ 420 N camden Dr.

Come by and take a look, we can have a drink at hakkasan down the street where I know the owners because I manage their payroll system in a few countries.

:wink:

started from nothing too, but I'm not hype off a single restaurant... you know how many restaurant owners I know?

Beverly Hills? Oh ok I get it

Trust fund baby...

Enjoy your success I'm sure you ain't struggle **** to get there but enjoy it

You took loans lived with parent took money from parents right?
American made
American dream

Big diffrence

I don't dine with your kind man
Bougie isn't me I despise people who ain't work **** for what they got

Last edited:
Too many people would rather have money for shoes and going out than have their own place. To each their own.

I just didn't wanna be 40 years old still in my moms house.

Staying at home with money to go out and being in your own place with no money to do anything living paycheck to paycheck are both bad scenarios to be in. tbt IDK which I would want less

Too many people would rather have money for shoes and going out than have their own place. To each their own.

I just didn't wanna be 40 years old still in my moms house.

Word, I have goals that I'm going to reach. I used to think that was normal. Through talking to people my age, I learned it's not that common to have long term goals. By age 30 I will own a home.

25-27 is one thing but 34?

I wonder if this accounts for ppl who moved out early and through various circumstances were forced to move back in before 34.

Staying at home with money to go out and being in your own place with no money to do anything living paycheck to paycheck are both bad scenarios to be in. tbt IDK which I would want less

I would rather do the latter.

Having your own place is awesome and you just have to be creative when you go out. So you kind of have to adopt a minimalist attitude, just get what you need.

Let's be real, a lot of people are living paycheck to paycheck because of materialistic reasons. Living on your own forces you to scale down on a lot of things.

I'm from east oakland.

moved to long beach for school then dropped out...

mad side hustles for a few years

Dad lived in compton and was hooked to crack, had to hit the dopehouse every once in awhile to pay his debt...

Worked my way around LA doing mural proposals for my graff homies and building my design skills

Transferred that to web design and IT

Met my girl and moved to LA, Rampart and 3rd

Networked with business owners and the korean, jewish, persian community

Ended up meeting a publisher with property in beverly hills, He started paying me a retainer to just stay in the area and answer random tech questions...

everything blew up from there...

**** outtahere with the trust fund ish...

my residences
99th and macarthur - oakland
to Orange and 52nd - long beach
to Cherry and 3rd - long beach
to Rampart and 3rd - LA
to hobart and 8th - Ktown
to where you can't afford - California

stop patting yourself on the back, i have yet to be impressed by a restaurant co-owner with one location.

you're struggle rich

I'm struggle Rich haha
I'm not even 26 yet I have what you have a very successful buisness and property but I struggle? When? How?v where do I struggle?
How old are you? I'm 25 and have what u have risked everything including my life to get mine I was a man at 13 years old how bout you

I came to u.s. With 800 cash as a kid lived with ppl I didn't even no lived
On the streets hustled for years while
Working 12 hours a day 74 hours a week killed myself for years
Stacked my money went to culinary school switched to resteraunt management... Got my security/ Co owners invester with resteraunt experience and opened my own **** with a roll of the dice

Now there's lines out the door and I can sell for more money than I can of ever dreamed of having

You see the diffrence

American made:you
American dream:me

I brought.my family over they now live a.great life anything they want from having nothing they even need
... I own property a buisness

American made
American dream
Big diffrence

How old are you I'm 25

Last edited:
ITT - Whose balls are bigger. :lol:

Both of y'all seem to be doing pretty well, no point in this back and forth.

On a related note, obviously a lot of people in here will disagree, I know a lot of people living on their own who told me to enjoy living at home as long as possible and to take advantage it.

When I have real estate and a buisness here how can cali not be too much at this time..but wait

I'm 25 How old are you?

But Okay when I cash out in 7 to 10 years I'll come see u at work

Lol at dude refusing to post his age
You mad huh haha enjoy your success old man ill be past you soon if I ain't already there at 25

Peace

Last edited:
Dudes out here measuring ***** to prove some point.

Who cares?

damn i havent posted or been on NT for damn near a year now it seems.

glad i came back to read this **** measuring contest. i am entertained.

@createdestroy, hook a poor brother up with some free lunch! im right down the street in brentwood.

Last edited:

I would rather do the latter.

Having your own place is awesome and you just have to be creative when you go out. So you kind of have to adopt a minimalist attitude, just get what you need.

Let's be real, a lot of people are living paycheck to paycheck because of materialistic reasons. Living on your own forces you to scale down on a lot of things.

Yup. Living at home will afford you excess spending cash, which people usually blow on dumb **** anyway. Now you can afford to go out 3-4 times a week, spending money on that. You can afford those 2-3 pair a new nikes that month, you get my drift.

Having your own place makes you "plan" events more than before. You can't just go out on a whim like before and blow money like its nothing. Deals are sought out more often, happy hours are appreciated, and suddenly those 2-3 releases you used to fiend for just don't seem important.

I still have a nice chunk in my savings in case I wanna go on a trip or splurge on something, my end of year bonus and tax refund help me out big time.

Having your own place makes you "plan" more than before

Responsibility.

I see the exceptions to the rule, but get the heck outta your momma's house. She needs space too. Has anyone looked at it from that angle? Of course she says you can stay as long as you want. That's your mother! :lol: Be a man..Shoo.

mean.gif
mean.gif

Last edited:
^what do you do that is "scaled down" for example?

I still live at home with my old man. I was a Teller at Wells Fargo making good money for a kid with no bills/responsibilities. I had a lot of it chilling in my account. I would eat out, when I would go out, I would buy useless things, etc.

Now I'm getting back on my feet after being unemployed. Still planning on living at home until my apprenticeship with the local Electrical union begins. Don't really go out too much, no concerts, bottles of liquor, etc. Gonna contribute to my 401K.

Once my apprenticeship begins, I will do the same and save half of my paychecks, AT LEAST for the first couple of months.

many of my cousins fall into this category :smh:

*looks at location* :nerd:

well there you have it. Most people I know who are out of the house AND with money live outside these big cities tbt

My cousins didn't move out because they didn't make the best decisions in life, not because of housing prices.

I still live at home with my old man.

^ I was just gonna bring this up actually...I wonder how many in this demographic stay with both mother and father, just mother, or just father. My Dad would've kicked me out quick. My Mom..Not so much.

Last edited:
I'm from east oakland.

moved to long beach for school then dropped out...

mad side hustles for a few years

Dad lived in compton and was hooked to crack, had to hit the dopehouse every once in awhile to pay his debt...

Worked my way around LA doing mural proposals for my graff homies and building my design skills

Transferred that to web design and IT

Met my girl and moved to LA, Rampart and 3rd

Networked with business owners and the korean, jewish, persian community

Ended up meeting a publisher with property in beverly hills, He started paying me a retainer to just stay in the area and answer random tech questions...

everything blew up from there...

**** outtahere with the trust fund ish...

my residences
99th and macarthur - oakland
to Orange and 52nd - long beach
to Cherry and 3rd - long beach
to Rampart and 3rd - LA
to hobart and 8th - Ktown
to where you can't afford - California

stop patting yourself on the back, i have yet to be impressed by a restaurant co-owner with one location.

you're struggle rich

I'm struggle Rich haha
I'm not even 26 yet I have what you have a very successful buisness and property but I struggle? When? How?v where do I struggle?
How old are you? I'm 25 and have what u have risked everything including my life to get mine I was a man at 13 years old how bout you

I came to u.s. With 800 cash as a kid lived with ppl I didn't even no lived
On the streets hustled for years while
Working 12 hours a day 74 hours a week killed myself for years
Stacked my money went to culinary school switched to resteraunt management... Got my security/ Co owners invester with resteraunt experience and opened my own **** with a roll of the dice

Now there's lines out the door and I can sell for more money than I can of ever dreamed of having

You see the diffrence

American made:you
American dream:me

I brought.my family over they now live a.great life anything they want from having nothing they even need
... I own property a buisness

American made
American dream
Big diffrence

How old are you I'm 25

Both of you guys are doing good, now settle down.

Back
Top Bottom