A Third Of America's 18-34 Years Olds Live With Their Parents

is obama part of the blame?

• yes, obama is a joke

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no, obama is GOAT

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
venom lyrix venom lyrix

You went to school and you had a plan to leave that you are actually following through with.

I can't knock you for that.

A lot to dudes are just advocating living at home so they can afford to buy Jordans.

Even in NYC I refuse to believe someone can't afford to live decent off 50k and not live at home. Especially when public transportation is so readily available.

Just shut the **** up already. Please.

venom lyrix venom lyrix

You went to school and you had a plan to leave that you are actually following through with.

A lot to dudes are just advocating living at home so they can afford to buy Jordans.

Even in NYC I refuse to believe someone can't afford to live decent off 50k and not live at home. Especially when public transportation is so readily available.

Just shut the **** up already. Please.

Whenever you see that extreme emotional response you know it hit home.

Last edited:
stop using your parents' internet to argue with strangers

Im actually a home owner smart guy..
put everything on the line for mine
And succeeded so understand what I'm trying to say before shooting off

Dude talking bout another nt'er not myself not being an adult cuz he raisin his two girls out of family's home

Judging other ppl thru a screen
so grown up and adult of you lol

if you don't fit the profile...then my comment isn't directed at you

:wink:

he right though famb....

Yiu really think someone's going to come out and say it?

How's he right? Stick what y'all know and for some of you that ain't much.

Hit home? Hardly. You've added nothing to the conversation. Y'all live in the South which has a relative low cost of living to the Northeast. That in itself is a factor, but everything is easy to y'all.

Last edited:
you know how many cats I see living at home pushing luxury whips buying designer clothes like they are lunch? pathetic :smh:

I moved back to my parents house after college even when I had my career job that I have now.

Literally had no reason to.

I'm filipino and we're very family oriented.

Didn't move out till i got married a year ago...

Even then my lola said "its wrong for you to leave us"... .funniest part is we live in the same dang city still :rofl:

Family :pimp:

How do you blame OBAMA for this?
laugh.gif

Im actually a home owner smart guy..
put everything on the line for mine
And succeeded so understand what I'm trying to say before shooting off

Dude talking bout another nt'er not myself not being an adult cuz he raisin his two girls out of family's home

Judging other ppl thru a screen
so grown up and adult of you lol
"Judging other people" This is a forum. I use to be like that on my "You shouldn't judge me" but if I put the information out there, it's not up to me what people do with it.

The real question, why does it matter to YOU that another man doesn't meet MY definition of an adult? You go work with him, I wouldn't but you are a free person, a land owner, compared to you I can barely vote, so you can do whatever you please; my definition of adulthood shouldn't mean a damn thing to you. I couldn't care less if I meet your definition of "adult." Like I said, I don't care what you do, what you drive, if you watch cartoons, if you go around putting whoopy cushions on peoples seats, if you take care of you and yours you are an adult, anything past that speak to other parts of your character. I choose to hang around self-sufficient, high character people, you def. don't need to hang around me, won't make me no nevermind.

he right though famb....

Yiu really think someone's going to come out and say it?

How's he right? Stick what y'all know and for some of you that ain't much.

Hit home? Hardly. You've added nothing to the conversation. Y'all live in the South which has a relative low cost of living to the Northeast. That in itself is a factor, but everything is easy to y'all.

In the history of this country people have moved state to state to live a better quality of life.

If you want to stay in the Northeast and struggle and freeze that's on you.

Whenever you see that extreme emotional response you know it hit home.

:lol: dudes cant get there jimmies rustled by the choice they made. if youre comfortably enough to live at home with mommy for whatever reason then no need to make excuses to cover being ashamed

venom lyrix venom lyrix

I make more then 50k, drive to work everyday. With car, mortgage, maintenance, cellphone bills being the 4 staples in my monthly expenses + things like cable, internet, heat, electricity etc etc, I think I'll be able to save a small amount every month / have left over.

I think people have this notion that 45-50k is good enough, and I think it is but it's not as much as you think it is. At least here in NY. While we always say income is relative to where you live, it's especially so for the major markets like NY and LA.

50 k may seem like a large, nice round number to strive for, but it's honestly not that much.

if you don't fit the profile...then my comment isn't directed at you

:wink:

How that foot taste thou?
I can sell my condo n buy yo life
Twice haha how that feel brother?
My parents internet haha good 1
Better luck next time

Last edited:
the cost of living went up and thats why im still at my mama basement

I wish I lived at home all the time... Except for when I actually visit and see how much it would suck after a day or two.

Best part about not living at home any more is whenever I do get home my parents will treat me and take me out to dinner and stuff. My sister always gets mad like, "why do we always go out to eat and do fun stuff when he comes home".

My sister is a burden to my parents man but they'd never kick her out the house. And she doesn't even appreciate them it's the worst part. Like I see all they do for her and put up with and she takes it for granted fighting and giving them attitude all the time, getting DWIs and **** it, going on unemployment, not even looking for jobs. It infuriates me man. Yet they pay her car, phone, paid all her DWI expenses, pay for her school, and just bought her a puppy.

She's two years older than me and I've been living by myself paying my own way, even hustling on the side to not make my parents have to worry about me at all or pay anything.

The struggle is REAL. Some of you living like princesses still is disgusting. Don't even comment on your friends that have moved out and how ****** you think their life is and how it's "convenient" or you're "not ready yet". You haven't lived it so don't speak on it. I doubt your parents REALLY want you there. No offense, but they dealt with you for 18 years already give them a break if you can.

venom lyrix venom lyrix

I make more then 50k, drive to work everyday. With car, mortgage, maintenance, cellphone bills being the 4 staples in my monthly expenses + things like cable, internet, heat, electricity etc etc, I think I'll be able to save a small amount every month / have left over.

I think people have this notion that 45-50k is good enough, and I think it is but it's not as much as you think it is. At least here in NY. While we always say income is relative to where you live, it's especially so for the major markets like NY and LA.

50 k may seem like a large, nice round number to strive for, but it's honestly not that much.
this.

I always get uncomfortable when I'm around my close friends and we get to talking about salary and how happy they are making around 50k. I'm just sitting there SMH'ing in my head like, that's not really that much :lol: but I don't wanna burst any good vibes so I just keep quiet |I

I walk around my apartment butt booty nekkid eating my over cooked spaghetti

feelgoodman

man I always walk around naked; I almost went outside the other day to grab something from my deck :lol:

it's become so normal when you got your own crib :pimp:

this.

I always get uncomfortable when I'm around my close friends and we get to talking about salary and how happy they are making around 50k. I'm just sitting there SMH'ing in my head like, that's not really that much :lol: but I don't wanna burst any good vibes so I just keep quiet |I

Man it feels like peanuts :smh: I think I'll start to feel OK when I hit 75k in two years. I'll never stop or settle though. Gotta get out there and take risks, move out your parents house, get a career, make something of yourself. It's not easy at first. Feel like some people just wanna live with their parents until they get a job that's good enough for their standards or something. Entitled just because they went to college. They'll take a mediocre job instead and live with mom and dad before applying all over the place and actually moving away from everything they know for a job.

Too many people expect their dream job/career to come to them without putting in any real work, gaining life experience, or looking for something first.

Last edited:
Guys you should have.atleast 20-30k
Before you leave...never rush
You'll find yourself back at square one if you do
Play it safe be smart yungins

And **** da new jordans
get yo life rite

Last edited:
In the history of this country people have moved state to state to live a better quality of life.

If you want to stay in the Northeast and struggle and freeze that's on you.

And I like I said pages ago, you think relocation is as easy as you make it seem. Do you even know the process of relocating? No? Let me explain it for you in a few points:

-You first have to find a job in the market you want to move to. Good luck with that, because most employers don't even look at resumes from out of state. We have NTers here themselves who have testified to this. Does the market you're looking into even have work? Atlanta is a wasteland because there's no work there. People are leaving to find opportunity elsewhere.
-You manage to get the job. Now what? Will your employer cover relocation? Most don't. You have a few thousand to throw away on a whim on storage and moving? Do you have a place to stay in a decent neighborhood that's makes your commute to/from work manageable?

But again, you know everything. If it was as easy as some of you make it seem, no one would be at home. No one wants to still be at home.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom