A Third Of America's 18-34 Years Olds Live With Their Parents

is obama part of the blame?

• yes, obama is a joke

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no, obama is GOAT

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
While we always say income is relative to where you live, it's especially so for the major markets like NY and LA.

Yup....Earning 50k in NYC isn't the same as earning 50k in other parts of the country.

Last edited:
Im only 21 but my goal is to live at home after college and cop an investment property and use the money id pay as rent to renovate the house and get sum tenants in then after i stack sum bread id wanna move into a small 1bdroom apartment

This is my ideal scenario.

I wish I lived at home all the time... Except for when I actually visit and see how much it would suck after a day or two.

Best part about not living at home any more is whenever I do get home my parents will treat me and take me out to dinner and stuff. My sister always gets mad like, "why do we always go out to eat and do fun stuff when he comes home".

My sister is a burden to my parents man but they'd never kick her out the house. And she doesn't even appreciate them it's the worst part. Like I see all they do for her and put up with and she takes it for granted fighting and giving them attitude all the time, getting DWIs and **** it, going on unemployment, not even looking for jobs. It infuriates me man. Yet they pay her car, phone, paid all her DWI expenses, pay for her school, and just bought her a puppy.

She's two years older than me and I've been living by myself paying my own way, even hustling on the side to not make my parents have to worry about me at all or pay anything.

The struggle is REAL. Some of you living like princesses still is disgusting. Don't even comment on your friends that have moved out and how ****** you think their life is and how it's "convenient" or you're "not ready yet". You haven't lived it so don't speak on it. I doubt your parents REALLY want you there. No offense, but they dealt with you for 18 years already give them a break if you can.
My cousin lives with my mom right now. She has stolen over 3 stacks from my mom over the years, has two kids by two different dudes, works sporadically and my mom still takes care of this thot. I do get mad when I visit my mom, post up on the couch and my cousin walks in like "What are you doing here?" I'm like *****! this is my mother, not yours, I work hard, if I want to spend the day eating my moms food and watching her cable I don't want to hear a damn thing from you.

Mentality, some dudes have that "I refuse to lose" In them, other dudes have that "I need everything perfect before I 'take a risk'" heart.

I've read through all the pages and not one person has advocated staying at home to be able to buy more jordans or other material posessions so SneakerPro's comment was unnecessary
OK... I get you..

But I think there are guys that are defending it because they have legitimate reasons to be at home...

I think some guys aren't posting because they see SP post as real...

I mean... The study says 30% of cats 18-34 live at home...

That includes about 90% of guys of the nt general forum

You think ALL of them are being responsible and saving...?

Or are they just mooching at the crib and flossing with nice whips and fresh clothes for the Instagram hoors??

:nerd:

This thread is interesting, I've learned a lot about how people who are "adults" but still at home are viewed. I didnt expect responses this extreme with little room for gray areas. Been a good read for me.
All the people who live at your parents home and work fulltime with no kids....

you should have RACKS in that bank account..... RACKS!!

otherwise you just playing games with your life
A question to you and others, what if your expenses almost equal your income or you're taking that extra money to aggressively pay down debt? What then?

Last edited:
Man it feels like peanuts :smh: I think I'll start to feel OK when I hit 75k in two years. I'll never stop or settle though. Gotta get out there and take risks, move out your parents house, get a career, make something of yourself. It's not easy at first. Feel like some people just wanna live with their parents until they get a job that's good enough for their standards or something. Entitled just because they went to college. They'll take a mediocre job instead and live with mom and dad before applying all over the place and actually moving away from everything they know for a job.

Too many people expect their dream job/career to come to them without putting in any real work, gaining life experience, or looking for something first.

I live in the Bay Area. I feel like $75k is my magic number to actually feel comfortable

I live in the Bay Area. I feel like $75k is my magic number to actually feel comfortable

Bay area too damn expensive I want to sell my murder town chicago Condo one day and do it, make the move out there but man its killer down there no?

It's a nice life out that way ain't it?

I spent some good times in OC just felt right,didn't stress happy people beautiful cali chikies everywhere

I loved it,felt nothin like my city
Like a diffrent country compared to chi
Even the air I was breathing I was in awe

Last edited:
OK... I get you..

But I think there are guys that are defending it because they have legitimate reasons to be at home...

I think some guys aren't posting because they see SP post as real...

I mean... The study says 30% of cats 18-34 live at home...

That includes about 90% of guys of the nt general forum

You think ALL of them are being responsible and saving...?

Or are they just mooching at the crib and flossing with nice whips and fresh clothes for the Instagram hoors??

nerd.gif
Thats that bs i don't like. You'll have dudes on here that will be chillin at they parents crib clowning other members for not having the "in" thing. Jawn makes my balls rub. pause.

It don't bother me that dude talks or says whatever he says . I'm okay with myself . Ur opinion of me is just that .

------i ts easy when you live in a cheap city like Sacramento. Where you can get a house in the ghetto for like 40 Gs . In la where I live its difficult. All my bro and sisters left to sacto cuz they make the same money but cost of living is way cheaper . I lived in Sacramento for a min. It sucks

Last edited:
Dude wont judge murderous drunk drivers but he will judge people who live with their parents

Seems legit

Last edited:
It don't bother me that dude talks or says whatever he says . I'm okay with myself . Ur opinion of me is just that .

its easy when you live in a cheap city like Sacramento .im straight with that.

Dude probly lives with his parents living his reality thru a computer screen...you read his books it was like a self help book pumping himself up. Lol..dudes most likely a young kid

momma made me strong lol

Last edited:
And I love how some of you are using examples of people that aren't doing **** with their lives to defend your position. I'll give you an example that's worth validating having to live at home. My friend from college was out of work about two years. He's now a financial analyst at a Fortune 500 company and attending law school at night. He lives at home because his finances were wiped out, has a load of student loan debt and coming from a Caribbean family where you're not forced to fend for yourself like Westerners are, he had that support system.

But I'm done here. There's no grey area on this discussion. Typical NT. Extremes with no balance.

Last edited:
Everyone has to learn on their own. Very few will listen to people that were in their position within the past 10years.

I moved out of my parents' home at 25 because I wanted to do adult things yet pay child rent. We didn't agree, so I got my own home. I didn't realize until years later that I would have been able to save more had I just used my old bedroom as a pitstop as someone else said.

21. Finally bought my first car.  As long as I'm living at home, I'm gonna continue to abuse my sneakers and clothes till they cant be worn and try to eat out a lot less. I have a girl who helps with all that too and isn't demanding at all.  I would like to be out of here before 30.  I'm sure it's doable.  

I'm convinced the guys talking about you better not live at home are the guys that are too young to even move out. :lol:

I don't live at home but I wouldn't have a problem to be honest. In DC a hole in the wall apartment is 1000 min a month. Even making 20 bucks an hour you're living that poverty life.

"Why do t you just move out of town" he says? :lol:

Kids these days :lol:

Last edited:
Personally I just feel if people kept it real with themselves and truly cut back on things that they don't need they could save and live on their own.

I don't give a damn how much money you are saving if you have a nice car, nice clothes and you are going out every week you can afford to move your *** out of your parents home.

lol@sell condo n buy life...

i run a web design and IT firm out of beverly hills...

come by rodeo and brighton and i'll take you out for lunch and laugh at your income

Let me shut you down n hurt feelings real quick

You don't know my income
I Co own an award winning resteraunt
I've fulfilled my dreams and will be retiring by 35
My company's money is my money so all that income talk you know what you can do with it. You work for people
Me im the boss..at a young age at that
I've turned a poor foreign kid into a well off successfully buisnessman so keep dreaming

I am the American dream my boy

I might take u up on that next time I'm in cali be careful what u wish for
for

Ill be on cali beaches retired in only a decade comfortable as **** if everything goes accordingly so don't act like youre there kid I been fulfilled my dream. I'm already there keep slaving.

Last edited:
And of course this is NT where everyone is rich
laugh.gif
Nah man, I'm broke...so damn broke. My friends that got a job after undergrad always hit me up like "I got you" and I'm like, nah I'm good, I'd rather chill in my apt. Living with my roommate, yeah my social life does suffer. I don't have the bread to get the chicks I want; not off no steezer type but, like the one good line Amil had "How we supposed to get around? Your bus pass?" I mean, I have a car but I ain't far from that bus life. I happen to live in a city where living alone is pretty easy, but I lived in the DMV and had to sleep on couches for like $100 a month for a year, while buying groceries and chipping in on bills, taking care of a car that eventually crapped out on me...I hated every moment of it and decided I couldn't live that life and went back to school so I can create my own job.

Of course, I'm still a child in many ways, and sometimes instead of saving I go to the bar or something, anything to make this life a little more bearable...because life is mouth******* hard, or at least my life has always been. Kudos to those with parents who want to take care of them, I don't know what that life is bout, and I'm not worse off for it.

Old dude talking that "posting your accomplishments on niketalk.com real adult" then proceeds to post accomplishments on niketalk...lol gotta love hypocrisy...unless of course he was saying he's no adult either, in which case not hypocritical at all.

Last edited:
lol@sell condo n buy life...

i run a web design and IT firm out of beverly hills...

come by rodeo and brighton and i'll take you out for lunch and laugh at your income

People that have really worked to be where they're at don't say stuff like this and put the next man down.

This is why many people disliked Ben Baller.

Last edited:
Bay area too damn expensive I want to sell my murder town chicago Condo one day and do it, make the move out there but man its killer down there no?

It's a nice life out that way ain't it?

I spent some good times in OC just felt right,didn't stress happy people beautiful cali chikies everywhere

I loved it,felt nothin like my city
Like a diffrent country compared to chi
Even the air I was breathing I was in awe

Well OC is not the Bay. But California livin (near the coast) is dat life.

Idk many people who made the move out here and regret, go for it

Back
Top Bottom