A thread dedicated to small but emotionally devastating social fails

Dragonflijones

formerly wordy dirts
These, unfortunately, happened to me a lot on a daily basis. They are;

The Mistaken Greeting

I was walking down the hall at my work. A bad chic walking my way smiled, so I smiled and then she said, "Hey, how you doin?"

I smiled more and said, "Oh...fi---"

And then the dude behind me, to whom to girl was originally speaking to also gave her a answer.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
So there's me, left in the hall, talking to myself, smiling.

Another social fail:

The inapplicable "you too"

Cashier @ Burger King: "And thirteen dollars is your change. Enjoy your meal!"

Me: "You too!"

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Feel free to add your own.

I used to work as a valet, and I'd tell people to have a safe drive and they'd say "You too." after a second they get the
ohwell.gif
look

even worse when you say "have a good day too sir/mam and get their genders wrong

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I do these things a lot too, especially that "you too" thing.
laugh.gif
Sometimes they'll just say something real fast and I just blurt out the first "greeting" that comes into my mind.

I'm always wary about if someone is talking to me or someone behind me, so usually I look behind me before I reply to someone.

How bout you think sumbody talkin 2 you, you start talkin back, and she got a bluetooth in her ear on the phone.

Delayed facepalm moment.

Or, how bout a slight stumble in public? Not a total faceplant or nothin, one of the jawns where you catch yaself, but you def know your diddybop failed.
smh.gif

Or hell, what about you on a elevator, and its like 3 people on that mafuh, and you get 2 a floor and yall can't decide who gets out 1st. Have me bout 2suggest a game of rock, paper, scissors 2 decide.

Wait wait...what about you walkin towards sumbody on the sidewalk, and yall can't seem 2 get the *#+# out of each othas way. Yall just standin there jukinright and left and smilin awkwardly...

Oh, and let me not forget you startin 2 walk into another room...and halfway there forget why you went. Got you just standin there 4 a good 10 seconds lookinstupid. I hate that type $#!+
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by potus2028

How bout you think sumbody talkin 2 you, you start talkin back, and she got a bluetooth in her ear on the phone.

Delayed facepalm moment.

Or, how bout a slight stumble in public? Not a total faceplant or nothin, one of the jawns where you catch yaself, but you def know your diddybop failed.
smh.gif

Or hell, what about you on a elevator, and its like 3 people on that mafuh, and you get 2 a floor and yall can't decide who gets out 1st. Have me bout 2 suggest a game of rock, paper, scissors 2 decide.

Wait wait...what about you walkin towards sumbody on the sidewalk, and yall can't seem 2 get the *#+# out of each othas way. Yall just standin there jukin right and left and smilin awkwardly...

Oh, and let me not forget you startin 2 walk into another room...and halfway there forget why you went. Got you just standin there 4 a good 10 seconds lookin stupid. I hate that type $#!+
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

how bout when your walking behind someone and they try to hold the door open for you but as soon as u get there they let go and it hits you

or when you using your phone and walkin and it slips outta your hand and you juggle with it for a good min and everyone is starring at u like
indifferent.gif

or when your walkin up some steps and people are coming down, your foot doesnt fully make it to the next step and u kick the on your still ona nd u have tostart all over, again everyone is like
indifferent.gif

when you're going one way and then realize that you're going the wrong way, so you have to turn around and start walking the opposite way and peoplelook at you like you're a skitzo...
smh.gif
laugh.gif

when you're walking up a narrow flight of stairs and a female is in front of you, and you're afraid she'll look back and think you're lookingat her !$#, but you have no where else to look because its right in front of your face

Originally Posted by litlbibby

Originally Posted by viintage

even worse when you say "have a good day too sir/mam and get their genders wrong

try workin on the phone and doin this.
laugh.gif
i used to be a telemarketer. have done it countless times
laugh.gif

Delayed facepalm moment.

smh.gif

Or hell, what about you on a elevator, and its like 3 people on that mafuh, and you get 2 a floor and yall can't decide who gets out 1st. Have me bout 2 suggest a game of rock, paper, scissors 2 decide.

Wait wait...what about you walkin towards sumbody on the sidewalk, and yall can't seem 2 get the *#+# out of each othas way. Yall just standin there jukin right and left and smilin awkwardly...

Oh, and let me not forget you startin 2 walk into another room...and halfway there forget why you went. Got you just standin there 4 a good 10 seconds lookin stupid. I hate that type $#!+
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LilSciurid08

Delayed facepalm moment.

smh.gif

laugh.gif
your foot doesnt fully make it to the next step and u kick the on your still ona nd u have to start all over, again everyone is like
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
Huh?

But that "Thank you, you too" gets me all the time..

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

when you're going one way and then realize that you're going the wrong way, so you have to turn around and start walking the opposite way and people look at you like you're a skitzo...
smh.gif
laugh.gif
Did that in the mall today
laugh.gif

What about when you talking on the phone or writing something down and you hear/see itand automatically start talking about it/writing it
example --

Girl: You see the score of that game
Me: Yea I was watching that game, it was good *Obama commercial comes on* , WE DID IT
Girl: What?

happy.gif

i done the "you too", wrong gender, bluetooth, and saying hi and the person not hearing while others see you left hanging
laugh.gif

smh.gif

These happen to me all the time.
smh.gif
. Hell, one time at school idamn near faceplanted trying to juke around this big dude that took up 3/4 of the sidewalk. Had me
embarassed.gif
for 5 minutes

Edit: Anyone else ever been thinking about something to yourself, with a friend around, then inexplicably just start talking mid sentence like you were havinga conversation with them?

So I went into a gas station to get some food after I filled up. As I walked up to the door there was a trash can to the side. A dude with a shopping cartrolls up and takes the top off the trash can. Dude was dressed bummy and dirty as hell. I decide to get my nice guy on, "Hey, you want something toeat?" He looks up at me and chuckles, as he does I notice a name tag. Son worked for the gas station
smh.gif
"Mistaken homelessness" FTL

Back
Top Bottom