A Word About Search Tags

oooooh you're in trouble!

roll.gif

Originally Posted by rocketzballa23

How come some of the search tags in General have bigger font than the rest of them? Like "yuku" for example.

The largest tags are the most frequently used. So, in the General forum, if you click on the "yuku" tag you'll find a number of postswhereas clicking on one of the smaller tags will only produce one or two results.
also, what happens when I type air force as a tag?
It'll get broken up into "air" and "force," which makes it pretty useless. AF1 is a much better tag for Air Force 1posts.

The largest tags are the most frequently used. So, in the General forum, if you click on the "yuku" tag you'll find a number of posts whereas clicking on one of the smaller tags will only produce one or two results.
Ok, thanks for explaining that, I thought it might be links that you clicked personally, but I was wondering cause I didn't remember clickingon a few of the links that had larger text.

Also if you guys don't want to see the tags box just click on the [-] in the top right corner, and it will minimize it.

the FIRST thing we're going to do is click that tag and ban everyone who's used it
So let me get this straight your going to ban people just for looking at a tag? Thats a lil harsh dont you think. I mean if they didnt make itthen why should they be banned. Just for looking? Maybe im misinterpreting though can you please clarify?

So let me get this straight your going to ban people just for looking at a tag? Thats a lil harsh dont you think. I mean if they didnt make it then why should they be banned. Just for looking? Maybe im misinterpreting though can you please clarify?

He means whoever has started a topic and used "rapist" (or anything else unnecessary) as a tag.

Originally Posted by Mr Anleu

the FIRST thing we're going to do is click that tag and ban everyone who's used it
So let me get this straight your going to ban people just for looking at a tag? Thats a lil harsh dont you think. I mean if they didnt make it then why should they be banned. Just for looking? Maybe im misinterpreting though can you please clarify?

Consider the alternatives:

63f258a58e6693ce72e0a7e93134c4dece21b59.gif

2c035c735cde6bba3d1f78f907b3123b06232b6.gif

7c31515f613a7602bf0a4a8530631fe08f80e2b.gif

Actually, mossyman's correct, Meth' was referring to anyone using the same tag.

Method Man wrote:
So, you're posting about Kobe Bryant and you think it would be HILARIOUS to add the search tag "rapist" to your post. That will get you banned.
SHUGES wrote:
laugh.gif

Never used "rapist".

As long as my Dirty Snake nickname can still be used. Or my Jack Bauer one. Or the Roster Guard 24 one.
smile.gif

I have a feeling that you aren't being completely serious, but for the sake of clarity, I'm going to use your response to say my personalfeelings regarding Meth's suggestions.

Personally, I will see to it that all foolish tags are handled, including 'Roster guard 24', 'Jack Bauer' (being used for anything other thanthe show '24'), and 'Dirty snake'. His name is not 'Bauer', so using a tag for his name is misleading. He is 'roster guard 24',but that will be broken up into 'roster' and guard' and '24', only one of which is appropriate for tagging a topic on him ('24').And 'dirty snake' will be broken into 'dirty' and 'snake', neither of which will be helpful for anyone looking for topics regardingKobe Bryant. Appropriate tags for Kobe Bryant, (the shooting guard for the Lakers, recently in trade talks), would be 'Kobe' or 'Bryant' or'Lakers' or 'trade' (if your thread or reply were about the trade talks) or 'Vanessa' (if your thread or reply were about his wife).Everything misleading, whether in jest or spite, will not be tolerated by me.

And that goes for ALL idiotic tags I might see in Sports, from 'Fakers' to 'LeBronze' to 'D-Whistle' to 'A-Fraud'. I use thesame humorous nicknames that you guys do (LeBronze, LeBrick, LeGod, _ason Kidd, JJ Re_ick, Red Sux, Barroid, etc.), but leave them out of the tags.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Method Man wrote:
So, you're posting about Kobe Bryant and you think it would be HILARIOUS to add the search tag "rapist" to your post. That will get you banned.
SHUGES wrote:
laugh.gif

Never used "rapist".

As long as my Dirty Snake nickname can still be used. Or my Jack Bauer one. Or the Roster Guard 24 one.
smile.gif

I have a feeling that you aren't being completely serious, but for the sake of clarity, I'm going to use your response to say my personal feelings regarding Meth's suggestions.

Personally, I will see to it that all foolish tags are handled, including 'Roster guard 24', 'Jack Bauer' (being used for anything other than the show '24'), and 'Dirty snake'. His name is not 'Bauer', so using a tag for his name is misleading. He is 'roster guard 24', but that will be broken up into 'roster' and guard' and '24', only one of which is appropriate for tagging a topic on him ('24'). And 'dirty snake' will be broken into 'dirty' and 'snake', neither of which will be helpful for anyone looking for topics regarding Kobe Bryant. Appropriate tags for Kobe Bryant, (the shooting guard for the Lakers, recently in trade talks), would be 'Kobe' or 'Bryant' or 'Lakers' or 'trade' (if your thread or reply were about the trade talks) or 'Vanessa' (if your thread or reply were about his wife). Everything misleading, whether in jest or spite, will not be tolerated by me.

And that goes for ALL idiotic tags I might see in Sports, from 'Fakers' to 'LeBronze' to 'D-Whistle' to 'A-Fraud'. I use the same humorous nicknames that you guys do (LeBronze, LeBrick, LeGod, _ason Kidd, JJ Re_ick, Red Sux, Barroid, etc.), but leave them out of the tags.
I feel like this is directed to a specific user
laugh.gif

^ Again, I can't answer for anyone else; just me.

But for ME... sure, I have some people in mind that would struggle to grasp the concept of 'Do NOT mislead people with your annoying tags that you thinkare cute or funny.' But am I directing my response at them? Nah, not at all.

Is the "tag space" limited? Or will it just keep growing? Or will the font just adjust smaller and smaller?
Does that make sense?
laugh.gif

suggest you also stop putting your own SN as a tag. It will get deleted. Repeated use will garner you a warning and/or ban

is there a way to group 2 words together like "sleep paralysis"?

because "sleep" and "paralysis" being separate, defeat the purpose and meaning.

MODS: can I get some help? i think its been deleted now completely...sorry to bother, but I like the tag feature and would like to take advantage of it andfigure it out...thanks yall

Just at a cursory glance, it seems like people are able to create the multiple word tags by separating them out with commas. The problem is, this means youneed more than one tag.

If you were to do "Washington Wizards," it would create Washington AND wizards. If, instead, you wrote "NBA, Washington Wizards" thatMIGHT create a "Washington Wizards" tag.

For ease of use, however, we should probably make sure standardized tags are one word/string, i.e. AF1 instead of "Air Force 1."

Back
Top Bottom