**Aaliyah Appreciation**

frown.gif

Aaliyah was the only "celeb" I felt some type of way about when she passed.

video is bittersweet
smh.gif

very beautiful and i was saddened by this as well...my sister is a huge aaliyah fan so it was sad to see her lose her idol too.

right when she was about to pop off with so much things lined up for her...she passes
frown.gif

honestly i dont think the r&b singers of today like ashanti, ciara, alicia keys and beyonce wouldnt be as big if she was still around

Why must Beyonce's name come up. I knew it would though. We never know but it isn't fair to Beyonce to make those claims that Aaliyah would be the #1Female Artist currently.

Len Bias-ing the situation. The way people say, "OH he woulda been better than Jordan" - Ok.......

r.kelly was a lucky man - age ain't nothing but a number

preach father kellz! PREEEEEEEEEACCHHH

Originally Posted by HOOD17

One of the most beautiful women ever.
RIP
Trippin. Why do folks feel the need to hype? EVER? Out of the millions of women in this world? Come on now.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

RIP
Trippin. Why do folks feel the need to hype? EVER? Out of the millions of women in this world? Come on now.

imo dude that's all

RIP
grin.gif
he said one of the...its not like he said TOP 10 womenever in the history of man kind

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

RIP
grin.gif
he said one of the...its not like he said TOP 10 women ever in the history of man kind
he is just a salty beyonce fan boy got to leave him alone.

The middle name of my little sister's first little girl is Aaliyah because of Aaliyah.

She was pregnant when Aaliyah passed and she was tore up. When she told me she was going to give her daughter the middle name Aaliyah because of Aaliyah'sdeath, I thought 'Ooooooohhhhh, I on't know about that.
embarassed.gif
You sure?' But I never said that. I just played the supportive older brother role.

And every time I talk to my little niece, Jaden Aaliyah, I think 'Man, you don't even know who Aaliyah is. And she wasn't even like... GREAT, likeMichael Jackson or something.'

Am I wrong?

What say you, NikeTalk?

I suppose her appeal to me lies in that old maxim we hear about celebrities all too often: "The good ones always die young."

Her beauty was so stunning that the fact she didn't take herself as seriously as much as everyone else did, or that she never had to flaunt her sexualitylike many of other favorites female celebrities makes her as timeless as any famous person I can think of from my relatively short life.

Originally Posted by whywesteppin

No one has mentioned her voice? "At your best" is my favorite. I feel like she's singing to me. I've always been in love.
frown.gif

Funny... i was reading each and every post, making sure I didnt miss it.
laugh.gif

but as everyone talks about how she looked, you HAVE to mention her voice. EASILY could've been the best voice of what's out right now. She sang soeffortlessly. I dare ANY of these new R&B girls to try to take a stab at "At Your Best"... will NOT happen. Aaliyah's voice > herlooks. And I was a very big fan of her looks.

Back
Top Bottom