Aaliyah x Drake x 40 - Enough Said

A couple line/brief subliminal is Ether these days......:smh:

I kinda agree with him and I like CB but he came out talking reckless about Drake and his album is a flap along with the singles released

hopefully this makes him get more into the R&B than cookie cutter pop songs like "Don't Wake Me Up"

Rashad Haughton, Aaliyah's brother, recently spoke out "regarding upcoming album release rumors" following rapper Drake's release of "Enough Said," a song featuring never-before-heard vocals from the late singer.
"There is no official album being released and supported by the Haughton family," Haughton said in a statement posted on Aaliyah's fan page.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Aaliyah-Haughton/26702510514

I came back and said I was wrong

When the information was 1st announced on MTV, XM radio & Twitter it was as if her family wanted this

the question I have now is if her family didnt agree on this then how did Drake get these unreleased vocals that the public hasnt even heard?

I would say Timb cause him in Drake coulda done a studio session and he probably played him some unreleased Aaliyah stuff but on the breakfast club Timb was talking like him and Drake dont even communicate anymore

Idk this is all weird........let me go play some Curren$y this commercial rap is goin too far

I kinda agree with him and I like CB but he came out talking reckless about Drake and his album is a flap along with the singles released
hopefully this makes him get more into the R&B than cookie cutter pop songs like "Don't Wake Me Up"

I agree. I like Drake and CB too, but when I think of Ether....I think of "F*** Jay-Z (guns blasting" "Hit em up" no subliminal diss songs straight going at the neck. These were playful witty jabs the average consumer won't catch on to.

Only listened halfway through...Thought it sucked. Loved Aaliyah when she was around, but this just doesn't do her much justice. She has an amazing voice, but the song felt very rough. Drake sayin "What's up" throughout it doesn't help any.

Last edited:
Her brother saying one thing

Drake saying another

Timbaland & Missy saying they dont know whats goin on

this is all messed up

call up the breakfast club so we can get Aaliyah brother on the show

Joint is dope to me. I dig it. Drake's verse complements the concept brilliantly.

As for the album, I could do without Timbo and Missy. Although from a Nostalgic point of view, having Timbo and Missy work on a Aaliyah project is cool, the fact of the matter is...It's Timbo and Missy and quite frankly, I (and I'm sure a lot of other people) in 2012, could do without the outdated sounds and rhythms of them two. I have no desire to hear old wack beats and wack features from them two. Maybe if this album came out in 03', but in 12'? Nah. 40 and Champagne are going to put out a sonically dope album, watch.

It's refreshing to hear Aaliyah again...but drake saying whats up every 2 seconds is annoying.
And the beat sounds like the same chet 40's produced before.
just my 0.2¢

Last edited:
^I'm guessin thats the single artwork, hope drake doesn't tarnish her name

^Nah, just a flick I found which I though was pretty awesome. And I don't think he's going to tarnish her name. From my point of view, Drake (& 40 for that matter) make sonically dope music and even more importantly for this case, they make music that is very much in line with what Aaliyah did throughout her career. Drake's entire R&B presence mirrors Aaliyah's (Which is a good thing to me) which should bold well for this forthcoming project.

^Nah, just a flick I found which I though was pretty awesome. And I don't think he's going to tarnish her name. From my point of view, Drake (& 40 for that matter) make sonically dope music and even more importantly for this case, they make music that is very much in line with what Aaliyah did throughout her career. Drake's entire R&B presence mirrors Aaliyah's (Which is a good thing to me) which should bold well for this forthcoming project.

True, couldn't hav been said any better

Joint is dope to me. I dig it. Drake's verse complements the concept brilliantly.
As for the album, I could do without Timbo and Missy. Although from a Nostalgic point of view, having Timbo and Missy work on a Aaliyah project is cool, the fact of the matter is...It's Timbo and Missy and quite frankly, I (and I'm sure a lot of other people) in 2012, could do without the outdated sounds and rhythms of them two. I have no desire to hear old wack beats and wack features from them two. Maybe if this album came out in 03', but in 12'? Nah. 40 and Champagne are going to put out a sonically dope album, watch.

:wow: Are we talking about the same two individuals who single handedly changed the face and sound of hip-hop/ r&b ?? They may not be in the limelight much any more but lets not forget that artist and producers are STILL mimicking the sounds that missy and timb created back in the 90's/ 2000's.

:wow: Are we talking about the same two individuals who single handedly changed the face and sound of hip-hop/ r&b ?? They may not be in the limelight much any more but lets not forget that artist and producers are STILL mimicking the sounds that missy and timb created back in the 90's/ 2000's.

While producers may still "mimick" the sound that they created back then, they have added on to it, and helped that sound evolved. Thus meaning, that that sound that they created isn't the sound that works today, the sound that they created just assisted in forming some of the sounds today.

Furthermore, if you hear drake's r&b, and Aaliyah's r&b, it's very simiar. (Which I said above, is a good thing. But I understand how that could be subjective) Which leads me to believe that 40 is without a doubt the perfect person todday to handle some new vocals from Aaliyah and judging my Enough said, I was right. (IMO, dope song) 40's production couldn't be more perfect for Aaliyah's silky smooth voice.

I really like the song. At the same time, never really listened to any Aaliyah songs, except maybe a handful. Don't see how you guys think the song is trash but I guess I understand.

I just wish I could get a damn download link :smh:

Last edited:
While producers may still "mimick" the sound that they created back then, they have added on to it, and helped that sound evolved. Thus meaning, that that sound that they created isn't the sound that works today, the sound that they created just assisted in forming some of the sounds today.
Furthermore, if you hear drake's r&b, and Aaliyah's r&b, it's very simiar. (Which I said above, is a good thing. But I understand how that could be subjective) Which leads me to believe that 40 is without a doubt the perfect person todday to handle some new vocals from Aaliyah and judging my Enough said, I was right. (IMO, dope song) 40's production couldn't be more perfect for Aaliyah's silky smooth voice.
oh gosh, another drake slurper

Ive been personally a fan of 40s production since I first played So Far Gone back in 08/09. I think his sound is perfect for Aaliyah. That Alicia Keys joint and Jamie Foxx joint he was behind were both dope. but to each his own i guess.

Back
Top Bottom