Abbott Elementary - Wednesday on ABC & Hulu

1642691556043.jpeg

The only part I found myself laughing, was when the principal mocked the mom who was tryna throw it Chris.

at first I kinda struggled to stay engaged, but then I started rocking with it heavy. Oddly enough the Principal is my favorite character :lol: when she came in the breakroom and said that line about them talking about Hondas I lost it lol cool show so far Im interested to see where it goes.

I think my biggest issue so far is that Quinta's character is the main character but it's actually everyone around her that's interesting and funny

The principal steals every scene she's in
Sheryl Lee Ralph is killing her role as the older more experienced teacher
Melissa is hilarious as the slightly shady person that gets **** done by any means
Jacob as the well-meaning yet still slightly insufferable white liberal is wonderfully accurate
And Gregory has great comedic timing as the straight man reacting to the craziness around him

But Quinta's character is mostly annoying. Which I understand is purposeful. She's supposed to be grating so that you understand why her coworkers get sick of her. But the problem is that, for me, most of the time she's not funny enough that I don't get sick of her too.

Quinta Brunson IS a funny person though so I'm not too worried about that. It's early days for the show.

True, I don't like her being the main character. Show would be much better with the principal as the main character imo. She's so ridiculous and can't see it.

Yeah, I assume since Quinta created the show and writes for it she gave herself something with a character that is the straight woman to every other character's quirky personality.

Glad this show doing numbers…they gotta cut back on looking into the camera tho, they be OD wit it even more than The Office :lol: :smh:
For some reason they seem exceptionally aware of the camera crew/doc going on.

The Office pretended like it wasn't a thing for years until they addressed it and then made the mistake of including it in the plot.

I guess here it's kind of the thing where lower income ppl aren't used to being filmed.

Very funny show. Basically The Office in a school setting. The principal is basically a version of Michael Scott and I totally loathed that character :lol: adult Tyler Williams has so much Orlando Jones in him with his facial expressions and mannerisms

I think my biggest issue so far is that Quinta's character is the main character but it's actually everyone around her that's interesting and funny

The principal steals every scene she's in
Sheryl Lee Ralph is killing her role as the older more experienced teacher
Melissa is hilarious as the slightly shady person that gets **** done by any means
Jacob as the well-meaning yet still slightly insufferable white liberal is wonderfully accurate
And Gregory has great comedic timing as the straight man reacting to the craziness around him

But Quinta's character is mostly annoying. Which I understand is purposeful. She's supposed to be grating so that you understand why her coworkers get sick of her. But the problem is that, for me, most of the time she's not funny enough that I don't get sick of her too.

Quinta Brunson IS a funny person though so I'm not too worried about that. It's early days for the show.

I have similar sentiments. My wife swears I would feel differently if Quinta was “more attractive” which I 100% disagree on, I just havent been drawn into her character yet as I have the others. Nonetheless I enjoy the show and its still very early, so it all can change down the line. Im just glad a new show like this with multiple black ppl in roles is doing numbers. Love to see it.

I love this show my wife who is a teacher and I watch every week. My wife is the same height as Quinta and the same complexion except my wife is a conservative and voted for our True President and Emperor Donald Sterling Trump. This show demonstrates what our education system could be if we stop teaching about "slavery", "racism" and "crt" and focus on da symbol of peace 👌

Back
Top Bottom