ACA: Affordable Care Act (better known as OBAMACARE) - Enrollment Starts October 1st - You In?

Found this interesting:
Ironically though, the ACA doesn't affect any of those issues. Most of our problems have to do with us not taking care of our own health. We have the largest generation in history (Baby Boomers) who lived YOLO for most of their lives getting into the most expensive healthcare related portion of their lives, requiring more procedures. Unfortunately, our costs WILL rise no matter what until the boomers start dying in significant numbers. But, with over 1/2 of minors now overweight, it's likely that we'll continue to face many health related problems as a result.

Cost is not the problem, it's the symptom of a larger epidemic.
It is like you didn't even press play. Most of the video was about shooting down this theory
Ya, his basic theory was that EVERYTHING is more expensive because it's also more inefficient and includes monopolistic pricing. Which the ACA actually increases ironically.

He also cites other points, which I could also refute, but don't have time for right now.

It's almost a shame our favorite Washington Heights resident is not here to celebrate in the success of the ACA with the 7.1 million enrollees.  If he were here, I'm quite sure he would do the right thing and retract some of his rather negative statements about the ACA and his prediction that the Obama administration would not hit it's projected goal of 7 million sign-ups by the deadline. 

Matter of fact, I think he and I had a side bet on that if I'm not mistaken.  Either way, let this be a lesson to those that stand in the way of progress.  Your days are limited, especially him. 
Hope you guys specified whether those were new or overall enrollees and whether they were required to pay too.
[h1]Obama boasts 7.1 MILLION have signed up to Obamacare - but study shows just 858,000 newly insured Americans have paid up![/h1]
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-tough-questions-remain-whos-signing-up.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-tough-questions-remain-whos-signing-up.html
Read

So Mitt Romney is a Republican of yesteryear. Oh Ok

Mitt Romney is a RINO. That's why it took the Republican Party (establishment and Tea Party) sound long to coalesce behind him. Mitt was so far left he could have ran as a conservative Democrat and not have had to switch positions on anything.

AWWWWWWWWW Look who watched Fox News last night. :D

Nope dont watch fox news Im too busy working most nights. I would love to see some data about how many people are actually paying for the insurance they signed up for through obamacare or how many of those previously uninsured patients are now insured. How many of those patients are people who signed up for Obamacare because their old plan no longer qualified.

Anyway back to work when I get home tonight I may give you guys some reasons why ACA is bad for patients, physicians and hospitals but then again I may not because I have gone over this before.

rusty dont care man. hes team blue til he dies and he assumes anyone hating on team blue or ACA is team red. dude is a hardcore statist.

Nope dont watch fox news Im too busy working most nights. I would love to see some data about how many people are actually paying for the insurance they signed up for through obamacare or how many of those previously uninsured patients are now insured. How many of those patients are people who signed up for Obamacare because their old plan no longer qualified.

Anyway back to work when I get home tonight I may give you guys some reasons why ACA is bad for patients, physicians and hospitals but then again I may not because I have gone over this before.

rusty dont care man. hes team blue til he dies and he assumes anyone hating on team blue or ACA is team red. dude is a hardcore statist.

:lol: :lol: Whatever brah. I have said plenty of times the ACA is in not way a perfect law, just a step in the right direction.

Dudes like you, provide no alternatives, we could have had a better system, but Team Red was screaming that it would class warfare and bankrupt the country.

So miss me with the Glenn Beck name calling BS. :lol:

:lol: :lol: Whatever brah. I have said plenty of times the ACA is in not way a perfect law, just a step in the right direction.

Dudes like you, provide no alternatives, we could have had a better system, but Team Red was screaming that it would class warfare and bankrupt the country.

So miss me with the Glenn Beck name calling BS. :lol:

im providing no alternatives because i dont want to CENTRALLY PLAN everything. if thats the case im gonna say the war on drugs, war on terrorism, war on poverty is doing great because x amount of people have been on it. jobs were created to focus on these problems and is being corrected. see how i can sound like a statist?

plus the free market would balance itself out. why? individuals who VOLUNTARILY do business with each other without layers of bureaucracy hanging over them will be cheaper. this law creates a floor on pricing because its through FORCE. but its OK since this law uses FORCE to do a common good. screw over one group of people to benefit another group of people.

^^^ The system was broken before, and your plan is do nothing? Because why? It doesn't fit your ideology

Brah that's ignorance

I'm all in favor of a affordable public option anyone can sign up for and getting rid of the mandate. Then people would have the choice to participate or not. But oh yeah, team red doesn't want to pay for that. :rolleyes

^^^ The system was broken before, and your plan is do nothing? Because why? It doesn't fit your ideology

Brah that's ignorance

I'm all in favor of a affordable public option anyone can sign up for and getting rid of the mandate. Then people would have the choice to participate or not. But oh yeah, team red doesn't want to pay for that. :rolleyes

i just said im not for central planning. my solution would be based on destroying that but doing nothing would destroy itself anyways. you wont get backlash from being against it in this form because i wasnt part of going against it through legislation. it will constantly reform itself to the point where reform itself isnt enough and it collapses on its own weight. then the pointing of the fingers come.

View media item 894881
and whats the deal with the whole team red thing? is it because people that are against ACA is automatically team red? fyi im team black/yellow

Last edited:
Guys if you don't like a a and.don't want to get race, them go buy the health insurance direct from the insurer. But don't be weighing down the care system because you thought you were healthy and now stuck with a 20k hospital Bill which you cannot pay

So Mitt Romney is a Republican of yesteryear. Oh Ok

Mitt Romney is a RINO. That's why it took the Republican Party (establishment and Tea Party) sound long to coalesce behind him. Mitt was so far left he could have ran as a conservative Democrat and not have had to switch positions on anything.

Hoody, you have no clue what the "far left" is if you thought that Mitt Romney was far left. :lol:

1. Threaten violence if people don't comply
2. People comply to avoid said violence
3. Celebrate!

Am I missing anything?

Can I also ask everyone why they think the 7.1 million is an accurate number since the White House was also caught inflating employment numbers right before the 2012 election? They've been playing coy right up until the final date and "magically" they hit the number they need.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/investor/2013/11/19/fake-unemployment-report-shocker/

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2012-10-05/strangest-number-todays-jobs-number

repped for zerohedge!!!!!!!

1. Threaten violence if people don't comply
2. People comply to avoid said violence
3. Celebrate!

Am I missing anything?

blue team good. red team bad.

sucks that they cant see that both party suck.

Since so many people asked...
HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius said Monday that at least 80% of those who have enrolled have paid their first premiums, while California officials have placed that figure at 85%.
USA Today

Ding!

And preventative measures are much cheaper than waiting til one gets so ill that they have to go to the emergency room (which is ridiculously expensive :smh: )

Yep, the US doesn't do healthcare - you have sickness treatment. There's no profit in keeping people healthy.

I've got a friend who made about 16k in 2012 and in 2013 he got a much better job making about 38k. He applied for this ACA program or Medicaid (is there a difference?) this past December and got it free. Did he fill something out incorrectly or do they go by your last income tax filed, which for him would all his 2012 earnings?

Do you know that ACA is just regular insurance? I was on my health plan from job. I chose the same blue cross blue shield plan from the ACA website but I got it cheaper

Folks acting like only health plan available is a plan called OBAMACARE

You got cigna plans multiple ones and multiple blue cross blue shield. Choose the one you want

It also have dental plans as well

I choose one of the Blue Cross Blue Shield   $0 Deductible 80% covered  $19 a month

did not know this...smh at me not knowing.

I work for the Gov so we have sign up periods ( i believe Nov- Jan) i wonder if the dates coincide with when you can sign up on the Healthcare.gov site....i need to do some reall research. also my dental bill was OD .

Ding!

And preventative measures are much cheaper than waiting til one gets so ill that they have to go to the emergency room (which is ridiculously expensive
mean.gif
)
Naw that is not true. plus ACA made preventive care mandatory for free

https://www.healthcare.gov/what-are-my-preventive-care-benefits/

It is up to you to eat healthy and excerise
Yep, the US doesn't do healthcare - you have sickness treatment. There's no profit in keeping people healthy.
Naw that is not true. plus ACA made preventive care mandatory for free

https://www.healthcare.gov/what-are-my-preventive-care-benefits/

It is up to you to eat healthy and excerise
I've got a friend who made about 16k in 2012 and in 2013 he got a much better job making about 38k. He applied for this ACA program or Medicaid (is there a difference?) this past December and got it free. Did he fill something out incorrectly or do they go by your last income tax filed, which for him would all his 2012 earnings?
What state is he in?  There is no way to get ACA for free but medicaid you can get it for free. But only certain states extended medicaid

Back
Top Bottom