ACG is back - 2 new designs inside

Just to be clear:

ACG footwear is the stuff you'd wear if you were, say, climbing a mountain, right?

I climbed a mountain yesterday and my $**$+@ New Balances weren't doing the job (especially traction-wise).

Originally Posted by DUnkFan84

are these specifically for hiking? or some out door activiity?

First of all, thanks to (nearly) everyone for the kind words on these models, all of which are very near and dear to my heart. Secondly, yes, they're allgenuine outdoor performance products, although with quite different approaches. I'll do my best to share what I can.

The Air Salbis Mid GTX is probably the closest of these to a "traditional" outdoor shoe (appearance aside)... stickier-than-normal rubber withaggressive ascending/descending lugs, full GTX bootie for waterproofness, Air in the heel, medial post for motion control, and--most visibly--no-sew techniquesto eliminate many of the seams required in a "normal" shoe. As far as usage goes, it's a fairly all-purpose model, good where waterproofness isdesired.

At the other end of the spectrum is the Zoom Morizaba. Some may just label it a trail runner, but that's really doing it a disservice. The inspiration is"adventure racing"... think PrimalQuest, EcoChallenge, etc... in other words, "racing 500 miles through the wilderness, nearly non-stop over 10days, using just about every non-powered mode of transport you can imagine." So: running, biking, climbing, rafting, river swimming, etc. etc. etc. Forthese athletes, they actually don't want their shoes to be waterproof, because they know they're going to get fully underwater, and they needthem to dry quickly (rather than using GTX to try and keep water out, which is impossible, and would actually just end up keeping their feet wet forever). Sothe upper is an open, drainable mesh, the foams don't absorb water, and there are even drainage ports at the base of the upper... see the largish holethrough the base of the upper in the forefoot area? (Draw a line between the "Trailframe" logo on the midsole, and the six-pack of little dots onthe rubber tip... halfway in-between is the drainage hole I'm talking about. There are also two ports on the medial side.) Other than that: the outsoleuses Nike's absolute stickiest performance rubber, comparable to good rock climbing shoes. Back to the beginning: this is a "trail runner" inthe sense that it's a no-compromise model that basically has no business ever leaving the trail (casual wear aside, of course!)
wink.gif

The Ashiko is a minimalist take on a high-performance boot... kind of a cousin to the Tallac. Again, the focus was on making it thin, durable where it needsto be, and breathable where it could be--as on the Morizaba, waterproofness was not a priority--the Ashiko's job is to be wicked light, supportive, fast,sticky and steezy!

Repeating my standard disclaimer: I'm speaking only for myself, not officially representing Nike in any way,just like discussing shoes, please don't sue me.

^ i've been waiting for you to make an appearance J! great info, its definitely appreciated.

what's the cushioning setup in the Morizaba? Zoom, but is it heel only, heel/forefoot, or full length?

Thanks J ("Mr. Fedd." I presume?) for the info... if possible, can you share with us if there are anymore colorways?

Originally Posted by BP the owner

what's the cushioning setup in the Morizaba? Zoom, but is it heel only, heel/forefoot, or full length?

Thanks, BP... my pleasure as always.

Midsole is Cushlon, with a higher-density medial post and separate, softer crash pad. There's also a thin, firm "stone shield" section under theforefoot to provide extra protection from bruising on sharp rocks, etc.

Zoom cushioning is in the heel only, with a pod of Poron foam for the forefoot, and the cherry on top is a molded "Lunar-like" sockliner (same typeas was in the Rejuven8 Runner).

(Yes, I'm hardly an objective party, but I think it feels pretty damn good!)

As far as colorways go... I'm not sure I can share that information yet, so I'll have to err on the side of caution and keep my mouth shut. Sorry...
ohwell.gif

Good info as always jfeezy! I was thinking of maybe buying the Morizabas, but with what you shared about them, I will definitely be getting a pair of these forsummer outdoor activities since I live in Oregon.

I'm liking the Air Salbis quite a bit, well have to try these out on the trails although my Vasque boots have been great.

Thanks for the supplemental information jfreezy. I've really been liking what I've seen out of the ACG line lately, but I haven't pulled thetrigger ... yet.

However, I think the Zoom Morizabas are going to be my first ACG purchase in a LONG time.

peace

Jonas

Boots with flywire?
smh.gif
Are your feet gonna stay warm? Are they durable at all?

At least they dont have air bubbles in the heel.

anyone interested in a pair of ACG Salbis mid GTX
posted a pair in buy/sell but hasnt been upped yet
size 9

not sure if im allowed to post price, so just pm me or email me at [email protected]

BLACK

BROWN

I'm really liking the look of the new acg range. A great looking performance shoe is always appreciated!^^ I'm not
sure your're allowed to post that either dude.

thanks for the info jfeezy. i do enjoy the acg line, but wish the colorways were a little more... subdued. one or two bright colors, please. (not neoneverything)

i'm looking to get a pair to replace my wildedge mids which have done me well over the last 9 months.

Back
Top Bottom