ADIDAS BBall Boost Thread - BYW, Crazy Explosive & Crazy Light & OTHER BBALL ADJACENT SNEAKERS

How do you like the 7s?

As for the 8s, they did have some event or reveal somewhere a couple of months ago so I guess they are still pushing Rose' line like that? Dude must still be really huge in Asia.

View media item 2441977

How do you like the 7s?

As for the 8s, they did have some event or reveal somewhere a couple of months ago so I guess they are still pushing Rose' line like that? Dude must still be really huge in Asia.
I like the 7's, like you I swapped out the flimsy insole. Solid bball shoe, I'll have to wear them again soon. 

nerd.gif

my man

I find the midsole on the DRose7 to be thinner and that is despite replacing the cheap thin insole with a thicker insole from the 6s, it still felt like there is very little boost. I also do not like the amount of negative space there are on the front, I have the non-PK and there's just too much room. My knees also hurts a few hours later after I play long hours in them, I could probably run 2-3 games max and that's usually a sign that my shoes aren't giving enough impact protection/cushion in the forefoot while int eh CLB16s, I could run games all day and have no knee problems.

I am also biased since I prefer lows over highs but that wasn't even the biggest factor in my decision between the two and speaking of lows/mids, are the DRose7s low still releasing or they are just going to be moving on to the 8s?
I know this question has been asked a thousand times in this thread but I had a question about sizing. I glanced at the other pages but didn't dig too much. I'm a 10.5 in D Rose 6, 7's and CE's. I'm a 10 in Lillard 2's and 3's.

I tried on CLB16's last year, I think the 10 was what I needed but don't remember. 

Did you half size down or tts on CLB16's?

I know this question has been asked a thousand times in this thread but I had a question about sizing. I glanced at the other pages but didn't dig too much. I'm a 10.5 in D Rose 6, 7's and CE's. I'm a 10 in Lillard 2's and 3's.

I tried on CLB16's last year, I think the 10 was what I needed but don't remember. 

Did you half size down or tts on CLB16's?

I would get a 10

adidas sizing is definitely wonky. RFX45's summary is on point. People do seem pretty split on the CE low sizing. Some say TTS and others say 1/2 size up. For me I would go 1/2 up for casual. I went TTS for playing ball and that sizing works well for me and my normal width feet.

I just got my CLB 2016s, haven't gotten a chance to play in them yet. I did a little moving around and can't tell if heel slip will be an issue. They feel great walking and jumping. Boost is not as mushy and bouncy as D Rose 6, but feels great. The firmness makes you feel a little quicker with the responsiveness.

I went a half-size down like Lillards and D Rose 6 Primeknits. The toebox seems like it's just 1/4 too long. Not a whole half size, but just a tiny bit which isn't bad. It doesn't feel like an actual issue where I'd slip out of the shoe, but my heels don't feel insanely locked in. Anyone feel this way, but heel slip still turned out okay when playing or gets better over time?

Last edited:
or switch up the laces for some flat ones, the laces Adidas provides are too smooth and not textured enough to stay in place and even when I double knot, it feels like it still loosens up a bit

If you feel only slight heel lockdown problems, try lacing the last 2 eyelets (the ones with the plastic reinforcement) in reverse, so that the lace loops into the shoe instead of going away from the shoe.

This helps you really crank hard on the lace when tying them, giving that last bit of lockdown you need.

I had very slight lockdown issues when I first got them. Reversed the lacing and now I have no issues.
I did this and it helps. I also ran the laces through the middle hole in the plastic wing pieces and had them come up past the top eyelet. That helps a bit, too.

I did, eventually, take it a step further and cut some extra eyelets(explained here: https://schwollo.com/2016/09/27/project-crazylight-boost-2016-2/), but understandably most would not want to do that. This really locks you down, though.

If you feel only slight heel lockdown problems, try lacing the last 2 eyelets (the ones with the plastic reinforcement) in reverse, so that the lace loops into the shoe instead of going away from the shoe.

This helps you really crank hard on the lace when tying them, giving that last bit of lockdown you need.

I had very slight lockdown issues when I first got them. Reversed the lacing and now I have no issues.
dude, great tip!

Feels okay so far, not drastically different but I'll give it a shot. Thanks! I saw schwollo do the extra lacelet mod, but didn't want to do anything permanent to the shoe until I've had some time to break it in on court to see if it's still an issue.

Feels okay so far, not drastically different but I'll give it a shot. Thanks! I saw schwollo do the extra lacelet mod, but didn't want to do anything permanent to the shoe until I've had some time to break it in on court to see if it's still an issue.
I guess KG was right, start at 3:15 regarding the fit

I said it before and I'll say it again...full size down on the CLB 2016. 

A full size down matches my Nike size in length.

But you have to like a somewhat snug fit in that case.

Last edited:

It's actually a bit more complicated than that.

If we look at EU sizing, we see the difference in adidas and nike size scaling:

For every US 0.5 size up in adidas, EU size goes up 0.66

For every US 0.5 size up in nike, EU size goes up 0.5

Which means that the bigger your shoe size, the more there is a sizing difference that builds up

So if you're TTS size 8, you can probably size down 0.5

But if you're TTS size 13, you probably want to size down 1.0
Very interesting.

Back
Top Bottom