ADIDAS BBall Boost Thread - BYW, Crazy Explosive & Crazy Light & OTHER BBALL ADJACENT SNEAKERS

He also had his own PE the past few months..

nthat.gif

Does anybody know where to grab a pair of CLB 2015 for under retail? I was hoping to find them for a decent price by now but can't seem to get a good deal on them 

I've received my AW C-E low primeknit, the shoe looks great but it's ultra tight, I have the Rose 6 in the same size and they fit well even a bit roomy. I'll go for a half size up shoe.

Last edited:
Interested in that explosive low primeknit is it more comfortable than harden casually?? An are they tts? Never owned any boost

Last edited:
I've received my AW C-E low primeknit, the shoe looks great but it's ultra tight, I have the Rose 6 in the same size and they fit well even a bit roomy. I'll go for half size up.

Are you hooping in them? As long as your toes don't touch the end of the shoe, give them a few games. Bootie type shoes need to run snug for better fit and support imo

Interested in that explosive low primeknit is it more comfortable than harden casually?? An are they tts? Never owned any boost

If you're only wearing casually I'd go up half a size. Theyre really comfy, but i havent seen any hardens to compare

Also, any news on adidas bringing out any more pk lows? 3 colourways just isnt enough to choose from :frown:

Last edited:
@juicedtin

My feet are compressed width-wise and height-wise, the length is just ok my toe is almost touching the edge. I will order the 1/2 size up to make my final decision.

Last edited:
with the 2017s hitting stores in other parts of the world, Adidas should be advertising the hell out of it and marketing should have kicked in by now for people to anticipate

feels like everything that isn't an Ultra Boost or NMD or EQT just do not get attention from Adidas

with the 2017s hitting stores in other parts of the world, Adidas should be advertising the hell out of it and marketing should have kicked in by now for people to anticipate

feels like everything that isn't an Ultra Boost or NMD or EQT just do not get attention from Adidas

If the shoe isn't releasing in the US until x date, why would you advertise for it months in advance?

adidas probably doesn't even spend any money on UBs, they sell themselves.

I don't see why not? People loves these current Adidas bball line and they feel like an afterthought.

Plenty in this thread alone were excited about the CE lows and waited and waited and Adidas didn't really advertise them so anyone that is not even in these thread likely did not know it's existence.

I believe the CLB16s came out around June last year and we really knew of them through leaks maybe around April or May. CEs came out maybe around late June/early July(?) and we did see some promotional pics for it.

I just think they're missing out and mainly due to their focus on releasing 10-20 colorways of NMD/UB/EQT a week. And yes they do market them, they send them out early to "influencers" or other stores people frequent and they get exposure that way.

bball line just needs more love from the 3stripes themselves, like I don't even think they are taking advantage of Eric Gordons potential sixth man award and Hardens MVP year (whether he wins or not) and being voted in the first team unanimously. They definitely kicked off the Vol1s hard but after that, it feels like it just slowly dies down, don't even think he got a new colorway for the playoffs.

Last edited:
I don't see why not? People loves these current Adidas bball line and they feel like an afterthought.

Plenty in this thread alone were excited about the CE lows and waited and waited and Adidas didn't really advertise them so anyone that is not even in these thread likely did not know it's existence.

I believe the CLB16s came out around June last year and we really knew of them through leaks maybe around April or May. CEs came out maybe around late June/early July(?) and we did see some promotional pics for it.

I just think they're missing out and mainly due to their focus on releasing 10-20 colorways of NMD/UB/EQT a week. And yes they do market them, they send them out early to "influencers" or other stores people frequent and they get exposure that way.

bball line just needs more love from the 3stripes themselves, like I don't even think they are taking advantage of Eric Gordons potential sixth man award and Hardens MVP year (whether he wins or not) and being voted in the first team unanimously. They definitely kicked off the Vol1s hard but after that, it feels like it just slowly dies down, don't even think he got a new colorway for the playoffs.
lol no one cares about Eric Gordon get real man, even someone like Wiggins (who was the cover star of the CEs) won't sell jack ****. Harden is their only big name and they marketed it well. What I'll say is they should most definitely market all of their PK shoes, those things are a freaking thing of beauty on another level, Nike's flynit isn't up to par with it tbh. Also they need to DEFINITELY step up their outlet stores and freaking sell their damn signature shoes instore. It's ridiculous that you can't buy the damn Hardens at their signature stores, they gotta rebrand their stores and maybe they can surpass Nike in the future which will give them more money for marketing and future ball players. Sorry for the long ramble but I do agree with you to a certain extent.

Not many may care for Eric Gordon but you have someone who can be a sixth man of the year, that is potential exposure and they were in a decent playoff series with Harden so they definitely could have capitalize on it.

Gordon being a possible sixth man and if he does win, is pretty much free marketing so why not? Yes his PE colorway may not sellout but it should do fine in the right colorway. Wiggins PK CE hi's aren't selling well because of the colorway but the other PKs sold well, especially the all black pair, they sold out on ADC surprisingly quick (along with the all whites) so there is a market there. A blk/red Rockets colorway commemorating EG wouldn't be too bad, I really do think it will sell well and first round of discounts and it might be all gone.

If he does win I do hope they do release some nice PEs, something like the Candace Parkers with gold midsole but with blk pk instead, I can't imagine that not moving well for the 3stripes.

View media item 2439236

You're delusional if you think a sixth man is going to move product. Let me list the last 10 winners for you and you tell me if any of these guys moved product in their heyday, or even had any special CW hit retail for their achievements:

2006–07 Leandro Barbosa^ Guard Brazil Phoenix Suns
2007–08 Manu Ginóbili^ Guard Argentina San Antonio Spurs
2008–09 Jason Terry^ Guard United States Dallas Mavericks
2009–10 Jamal Crawford^ Guard United States Atlanta Hawks
2010–11 Lamar Odom Forward United States Los Angeles Lakers
2011–12 James Harden^ Guard United States Oklahoma City Thunder
2012–13 J. R. Smith^ Guard United States New York Knicks
2013–14 Jamal Crawford^ (2) Guard United States Los Angeles Clippers
2014–15 Lou Williams^ Guard United States Toronto Raptors
2015–16 Jamal Crawford^ (3) Guard United States Los Angeles Clippers

Harden obviously wasn't the star on OKC that he is now but the rest couldn't sell a $50 sneaker, much less a $120+ one.

Please don't think sentiment towards adi bball in this thread is representative of the mass population. What most don't know is that in the basketball category, adidas has a TINY marketshare. Nike dominates this category and adidas has trouble keeping pace with UA, thanks to Curry.

Man, ya'll reading too much into Gordon being a sixth man and me simply wanting a PE colorway to honor it and how that exposure will help Adidas no matter what. :lol:

I am not asking them to give him a sig like Harden or Dame, a single PE colorway release to say "congrats on being a sixth man" make it some NIke limited release and you got people (resellers) buying them up.

Again, that kind of positive publicity can't hurt the brand and it's free, it might get some people to go "hey, EGs wearing Adidas and those don't look bad, let me check 'em out at my local footlocker".

Tell me, what is wrong with that? It's no doubt Nike dominates the bball shoe world but Adidas is actually delivering good and better products these days and if they want to compete, these are baby steps they need to take advantage of.

Again let me make it clear, I never said give EG a sig shoe but just use him to promote the shoes. People like winners and the Rockets came up short but being a sixth man wearing Adidas to the public eye is better than no one knowing the sixth man of the year is wearing Adidas. It promotes the brand, it gives it a stigma that the shoe is associated with winners even if it isn't the most prestigious in the league but any eye you can attract to look at your shoes is better than none.

I am not sure how you guys can argue that this is bad for business? Just because they can barely keep pace with Nike doesn't mean they should just not advertise their shoes or take every opportunity given to them. They pay athletes to wear the 3stripes for these exact thing, advertise your shoes and when they get a good selling point they can take advantage of they will decide not to? To me, that is insane on a business standpoint.

As I said before, all blk and all wht (or light gry?) CE highs sold well, ADC was out in the first day or two, make an EG bred colorway or something that isn't so loud and make it some limited 6th man edition and I can't imagine that sitting for too long.

And from your list, hell you could argue all those guys were wearing Nikes when they won the award outside of BrandBlack for Jamal. So Nike may not care so much because most of those guys probably wore crappy non-sig shoes but BB made a special shoe for Crawford and you can't tell me a couple of eyes that it attracted to the brand got from it didn't help their sales even a little bit.

Sorry for the wall of text but all I am saying is that on a business standpoint, it makes no sense why they can't use EG to promote their shoes if he wins that award? What do they have to lose? It seems like none of these Adidas bball sneakers are as widely produced to begin with outside of Hardens and Dames so it isn't so far fetch to release a nice PE for EG (like no Adidas stores or ftl/fnl/champs, etc.. carried most of the CLB and CEs in my area and I live in LA), hell release it in a handful of stores in Houston and have EG visit those stores and have him sign some pairs. It would get media coverage from Hypebeast.com and SneakerNews.com and you got a few hundreds maybe even thousands of new eyes on the shoe and some might even like it and actually want 'em bad enough to pay resale?

And it goes back to advertising the 2017s, even if it doesn't come out for months, get people interested in it, they have a growing fanbase of the line now. If they want to compete, it'll take the small things to move up but unfortunately. This is simply coming from a fan of the shoes, Adidas has pretty much pushed out any other brand out of my rotation for playing.

Last edited:
I didn't say anything about an EG sig and I don't think anyone else did either, that's nonsense. Nor am I arguing that it's bad business. I'm arguing that it's not good business to make special edition shoes for a hardly known player based on an award no one cares about. adidas can do a social post to congratulate him and maybe callout the CE 2016 and be done.

Just because adidas signed a player to their roster doesn't mean they have to put money behind him. Guys like Joakim Noah and Serge Ibaka rock adidas, should adidas give them PEs for making the All-Defensive team?

I guarantee you no more than a dozen people in Houston love EG enough to buy a $130-150 CE with EG stamped on it.

The best way adidas is going to catch up to Nike BBL is to strike gold like UA did with Curry. It started in 2015 when they signed Harden for $200M. Sign a bunch of guys with potential (like they did with the draft class last year: Ingram, Brown, Dunn, Murray, etc.) and hope that one of them breaks out like Curry did. These signings were made to make waves. Releasing limited PEs for rotational players is a drop in the ocean.

its barely going to cost Adidas much to produce a limited colorway, hell even those 30 pairs of Nick Young would be fine

stamp a Houston limited edition and I bet you those 30 pairs will move :lol: hell double that to 60 and I bet all of the pairs will sell :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom