ADIDAS BBall Boost Thread - BYW, Crazy Explosive & Crazy Light & OTHER BBALL ADJACENT SNEAKERS

Yep it was certainly annoying. Only takeaways for me - they're good like the 2016's, no more inner booty sleeve.. added eyelet helps lockdown and fit..

Forefoot boost actually looks really thin after seeing the cutaway images and the sole brothers video on that.

Wiggins PE is fire... would cop if they hit disco like last year, if full retail I dunno bout that

Just checked my gym bag and it looks like I forgot to put my CE lows back in my bag after my games yesterday. Whelp back to highs cuz those are long gone.
i forget what pic i saw but i glanced real quick and started trippin, they definitely are copies

So if a shoe has full length boost you would, theoretically, never need to replace it because the cushion would never bottom out, correct?

Of course, the traction pattern wearing down would be a reason to replace them, but the cushion would hold forever?

Has anyone said boost lasts forever? I don't think any cushioning system lasts forever

U really asked that question or r u joking?

It lasts longer than lunar but outside that who knows. My high CEs are still going pretty good. They still provide the same impact protection but they definitely don't bounce back as much anymore which is fine.

Just time for a new pair

Has anyone said boost lasts forever? I don't think any cushioning system lasts forever

U really asked that question or r u joking?

Yes I really asked that question.

I read a while back that boost doesn't bottom out the same way traditional foam cushioning does. I haven't put any of my boost shoes through enough wear and tear to really know for myself if that statement is true or not so I asked.

Seeing responses from around the internet it seems like boost does lose some of it's initial "bounce/spring" after a while, but still provides adequate cushion.

Boost breaks down slowly overtime. All foams do. Boost breaks down way slower than Lunarlon (not hard to be better than Lunarlon). It also seems to break down slower than Charged, Micro G, Jetlon, and Bounce. My Harden Pioneers and Homes feel a little less responsive and bouncy after 6+ months of wear. They are great on court. My CE lows are similar. I'm very happy with the performance and longevity of this season's Boost shoes.

Boost breaks down slowly overtime. All foams do. Boost breaks down way slower than Lunarlon (not hard to be better than Lunarlon). It also seems to break down slower than Charged, Micro G, Jetlon, and Bounce. My Harden Pioneers and Homes feel a little less responsive and bouncy after 6+ months of wear. They are great on court. My CE lows are similar. I'm very happy with the performance and longevity of this season's Boost shoes.

The kind of answer I was hoping for. Thanks!

Boost wears pretty gracefully. I bought a pair of Pure Boosts when they first came out and have taken them everywhere. They still feel great and I have a minty pair I can compare them to. My Rose 6s are still as bouncy as they ever were.

Lunar is ok but does bottom out. I've got all 3 insoles for my Kobe XIs and the pure Lunars are my least favorite. They seem heavier and just slower in general.

CE's look so good from the side but over the top and from the bottom they look like a damn boat with how wide the heel area is. Actually, how wide the shoe looks overall. If adidas could slim it down a little, it'd be perfect.

With regards to the lifetime of boost. My first pair of boost bball shoes was the Rose 5 Chicago Ice. I still have them. They feel okay still.

I also had a pair of the Rose 5 All StarS/NY/Shell toe. I wore them the yesterday and they felt like bricks...truly not comfortable. There could be a number of reasons beyond the boost bottoming out. I did take the insole out of them a while ago (the insole is still in my Chicago Ice pair but both insoles were paper thin so not sure how much of a difference that is actually making). I also came off of wearing ultra boost only for 2 weeks straight. Maybe my foot was not ready for a firmer ride. But it was bad...especially in the forefoot.

20065453_540202119704778_2313399097932906496_n.jpg

With regards to the lifetime of boost. My first pair of boost bball shoes was the Rose 5 Chicago Ice. I still have them. They feel okay still.

I also had a pair of the Rose 5 All StarS/NY/Shell toe. I wore them the yesterday and they felt like bricks...truly not comfortable. There could be a number of reasons beyond the boost bottoming out. I did take the insole out of them a while ago (the insole is still in my Chicago Ice pair but both insoles were paper thin so not sure how much of a difference that is actually making). I also came off of wearing ultra boost only for 2 weeks straight. Maybe my foot was not ready for a firmer ride. But it was bad...especially in the forefoot.

Same exact experience for me with the Rose 6. I've had 4 pairs of those and the only pair that had Boost that was good was the Glow in the Dark Primeknit. I've had 3 pair of the Black/Red (one of which I still have) because I had to exchange them for the Boost problems. I also had the White/Grey that came out first (had to get those replaced because the sole literally tore at the bottom), which wasn't hard or horrible but didn't feel bouncy or anything like the Primeknit Glow in The Darks. As of right now, my Black and Red pair is so uncomfortable that I can't wear them because of how firm the Boost in the forefoot is after only 2 mons of play. The grey pair never got that firm on me, so that was the most "consistent" experience I had. I had to return the Glow in the Darks because they were half size too small, otherwise I would probably be playing in those still. I only got 3 games in with them but the Boost was so awesome that I would've grabbed 3 more pairs.

The Rose 5 was on sale for $30 at my Foot Locker Outlet, and while the Boost did feel great in the store, I passed because I can't trust adidas and Boost. I've just given up on it, and after hearing that the same happens in the Hardens, I've just lost hope for it until I start hearing it doesn't bottom out and get packed down so soon. I've decided to only stick with BrandBlack foams (Jetlon EVL and BlackFoam) because those haven't given me any problems for months and they still feel amazing.

Was at the WNBA all star game and sat pretty close to the court. Those Candace Parker PEs were NICE in person. I really like orange shoes, but wasn't sure that much gold worked on the shoe. Orange really popped in person and looked great with the matte gold.

IMG_6683.JPG
I was clicking around the thread and hadn't seen this pic posted yet, so I figured I'd share.

I haven't hooped in an adidas basketball shoe in well over a decade, but I am rather intrigued by the '17 CE PK!

Come adidas and drop the 2017 CEs on miadidas.com this week with the official release of CEs in the US...

anyone have both these and hardens? i went half a size down in the disruptors and was way too small and the boost felt hard af. i’m 99% sure i got a bad pair but my question is are the sizing similar and can you actually feel the boost

Back
Top Bottom