ADIDAS BBall Boost Thread - BYW, Crazy Explosive & Crazy Light & OTHER BBALL ADJACENT SNEAKERS

If the next Crazy Explosive doesn't happen and is replaced by this bounce thing, I should stock up on on a couple of em. They could be had for pretty cheap these days, especially the non-pk version. One of best ball shoes I've ever played in. If I don't, I know in the future I'll be like "Damn, I wish they'd retro the Crazy Explosive" and theres little chance of that happening.

D2E6D335-7DF8-416D-B971-AEC16802F920.jpeg
Well these are coming out now on 8/11

Yo who ok'd this? :lol:

Just tried on the Harden Vol 2 for the first time and they felt really great. Should I buy the orange pair on footlocker for $109.99 now or wait a little bit more as they might drop lower in price?

Wait for adidas to have another 20%/30% off sale. Probably soon with school about to start.
If he want the orange CW he won't get them from adc unless he got clown feet because they basically sold out in that colorway on there. On the other sites they still have dang near a fsr though in that color.

Just tried on the Harden Vol 2 for the first time and they felt really great. Should I buy the orange pair on footlocker for $109.99 now or wait a little bit more as they might drop lower in price?
You probably can wait tbh because they have dang near a fsr in every CW. You can get them at eastbay for 94 plus tax with the 15% off code now or you can wait until they have another 20% off code.

If you have an Adidas outlet close they've been $110 and an additional 30% off. My local outlet has the orange, red/maroon, gray and black/gray/red pairs. The other 3 colors are $100 and 30% off. They had a FSR about 2 weeks ago but with back to school shoppers the last few weeks I'm not sure what's left.

Not at all.

They should have dropped all star weekend when the hype was there. But drop adidas dropped the ball by only have it release mainly only in LA.

If you have an Adidas outlet close they've been $110 and an additional 30% off. My local outlet has the orange, red/maroon, gray and black/gray/red pairs. The other 3 colors are $100 and 30% off. They had a FSR about 2 weeks ago but with back to school shoppers the last few weeks I'm not sure what's left.
You in Cali? It seems like there and Florida get all the good outlet sneakers my outlet still pumping the vol 1 red and white pair smh.

Need some new basketball shoes.

Crazy Explosive 16 or 17? Looking for lows and does Primeknit make a huge difference performance wise? Fit?

I felt like adidas was making good gains in the basketball market back in 2015 and 2016. Very good/great performance shoes with pricing lower than Nike and JB (the top dogs). Since then adidas has decreased their advertising for everything not Harden or Dame and upped their pricing a bit while Nike/JB have lowered their prices. To move units and become a bigger, more relevant player, I think adidas should get some new dynamic signature athletes (I don't think Wall is the answer BTW), keep making great performance shoes, keep prices down (e.g. go $120-125 for CEs and Hardens), and increase the advertising (ads online and on TV, have launch parties, have a launch calendar on adc, etc.).

I agree with all of this.

To add though:

-Adidas has two of the best performing lines in performance basketball shoes- Crazy Explosive and the Harden line (the 2's are a top 5 performer for me personally of all time) build out those lines

-Sign Kawhi. I know he's weird but if he's healthy he's a top 3 player. Adidas can't afford to lose him to under armour. (Reminder that Under Armour is complete trash)

-Adidas can afford to compete on price - get into that $110-125 range but with BOOST. Bounce is a trash cushion. I don't know what the margins are on boost vs bounce but take the loss if need be... they have to makeup ground and they have quality tech to do it.

-they have to cut it out with the weird color ways and kneecapping production on good color ways that traditionally sell well

-Anybody remember how the Black Primeknit CE 16's were scarcely available for some reason? I it was a simple black and white color way and Adidas for no reason at all, produced them in super small numbers.

-1 more impressive season out of Donovan Mitchel and he needs a signature line...

-Get Embiid more heavily involved in advertising the product. People love him. I know big men don't sell shoes but he's a little different.

-Adidas has Brandon Ingram playing next to Lebron... make use of that visibility. Are they really about to put Ingram in the CE's or Pro Bounces for another year when he's 2 feet away from the biggest star in the history of the game on 30+ nationally televised games? If they don't have ingram in the newest brightest stuff it's a failure.

Finally and most importantly- pay out whatever penalty there is to discontinue the D Rose line. He isn't marketable anymore and the line has gone to complete ****. Don't make the mistake and give the line to Wall, Mitchell is more deserving.

Need some new basketball shoes.

Crazy Explosive 16 or 17? Looking for lows and does Primeknit make a huge difference performance wise? Fit?
I'd go with the 16 PK Lows, but honestly it's not true primeknit, to me it doesn't make a big difference, it does look amazing though. The 17s primeknit is more rigid and hard, I'd pass on em. At least the 16s feel nice. The other PK shoes I'd get is the Harden 1 LS, it's primeknit is amazing but you sacrifice some stability though.

I agree with all of this.

To add though:

-Adidas has two of the best performing lines in performance basketball shoes- Crazy Explosive and the Harden line (the 2's are a top 5 performer for me personally of all time) build out those lines

-Sign Kawhi. I know he's weird but if he's healthy he's a top 3 player. Adidas can't afford to lose him to under armour. (Reminder that Under Armour is complete trash)

-Adidas can afford to compete on price - get into that $110-125 range but with BOOST. Bounce is a trash cushion. I don't know what the margins are on boost vs bounce but take the loss if need be... they have to makeup ground and they have quality tech to do it.

-they have to cut it out with the weird color ways and kneecapping production on good color ways that traditionally sell well

-Anybody remember how the Black Primeknit CE 16's were scarcely available for some reason? I it was a simple black and white color way and Adidas for no reason at all, produced them in super small numbers.

-1 more impressive season out of Donovan Mitchel and he needs a signature line...

-Get Embiid more heavily involved in advertising the product. People love him. I know big men don't sell shoes but he's a little different.

-Adidas has Brandon Ingram playing next to Lebron... make use of that visibility. Are they really about to put Ingram in the CE's or Pro Bounces for another year when he's 2 feet away from the biggest star in the history of the game on 30+ nationally televised games? If they don't have ingram in the newest brightest stuff it's a failure.

Finally and most importantly- pay out whatever penalty there is to discontinue the D Rose line. He isn't marketable anymore and the line has gone to complete ****. Don't make the mistake and give the line to Wall, Mitchell is more deserving.

Exactly - if they want to compete. I’m not sure how dedicated they are to basketball now since the Nike/NBA contract. Seems like they decided to play out the hand and do bare minimum just to keep a presence, but not push into that market. All good ideas though and would help immensely if they did any of these.

BTW - rumors going around that Embiid and Mitchell may not be around much longer. Just rumors though.

Interesting rumors. Though Embiid is an engaging personality, I wonder what his value is to sneaker sales. We constantly hear big men don’t sell shoes, but is he different? I doubt it. Losing Mitchell seems like the bigger loss because he seems like a guy adidas could build around.

DRose is still a huge star in China, might be comparable to if not bigger than Harden despite the Houston/China connection

I believe China is the second biggest market for bball shoes outside of the US and that is why some CE lows released there first and I believe someone here said it wasn't even going to come out here

I still don't get keeping the price at $140 with bounce tech but at the end of the day they can keep him but give some a much more affordable shoe at this point in his career

$140 for Bounce isn't happening for me, but I could say the same for a lot of other signature shoe prices and their accompanying tech. Curry shoes with just EVA, the new Kobes, almost every Bron sig., etc.

It's just a question of how quickly the Roses will go on sale, and how much they will be marked down.

Maybe I'm just burned out or maybe I'm out of the loop, but there aren't any shoes I'm really looking forward to at the moment. With the KD 11 reviews out, the only shoe I want to get is a retro ironically (Kobe Protro). Maybe the Why Not Lows at some point as well. Are there any other big potential models on the horizon?

i agree that some shoe prices has gotten ridiculous but in regards to DRose, it's about the relevance of the player in the current market

Curry and Lebron are top players and Kobe is... well... Kobe...

while DRose is struggling to make a roster that still has a $140 sig shoes, not to mention that it has a downgraded tech

Lebron, KD and Kobe shoes has actually gone down in retail price the past couple of years, Kobes only went back up in price because of the new tech they used

Back
Top Bottom