ADIDAS BBall Boost Thread - BYW, Crazy Explosive & Crazy Light & OTHER BBALL ADJACENT SNEAKERS

Is there such thing? I know they had them for last year model. Wheres the info and North America release date for adidas Ball 365? I need some new outdoor shoes.

Did lows release before the mids last year ?
A mid/high version of the 2016 would fix the heel slip problem. Anybody have info?

^Yep, don't think the 2015 mids w/ strap ever hit the US -- I got a pair little early from id4shoes in Taiwan, think I paid a little over retail shipped

If there is going to be a mid for the 2016, I feel like we would have seen pics by now.  I could be wrong though...

It would make sense to see a mid though.  The 15 was a flagship and lots of college/NBA players wore both lows and mids.

Maybe because they have the Crazy Explosive on deck and the Rose 7 as well, they'll keep these as lows.  I'm over my "only play in lows" phase and I appreciate a good mid as long as they are designed sensibly and fit well at the ankle like the CF Drive and XX9.

Is there such thing? I know they had them for last year model. Wheres the info and North America release date for adidas Ball 365? I need some new outdoor shoes.

what tech does the 365 use? bounce?

adidas-ball-365-basketball-shoe-01.jpg

adidas-ball-365-basketball-shoe-02.jpg

Harden dropped 26 points, 8 assists wearing the black/gold CLB2016 in the Drew League

I like the uncaged boosts.

Jennings is also wearing Nike Hyperlives in the Drew League. I wonder if he's still with Under Armour.

what tech does the 365 use? bounce?

adidas-ball-365-basketball-shoe-01.jpg

adidas-ball-365-basketball-shoe-02.jpg

Hey K, I'm with you on these. I would also like a new durable outdoor shoe. These look VERY promising, but I need better colors (and this coming from someone who loves crazy colors on sneakers). Too Phoenix Suns for me. But I'm down for a pair when the right colorway releases.

For tech, they do use Bounce, and Continental Rubber for the outsole (so you know these will last).

Last edited:
Guys I caved in with the Grey CLB16, im playing basketball with it, tried to resist but read some reviews and some didnt have heel slip, i think it's different on every person.

So I bought a size 9US in CLB16

im a 9.5US in Jordans and Nikes

but wear 10US in Lebron and Jordan 1

Once I received it, ill wear it for a week and play with it indoors and outdoors

I will compare it versus Soldier 9 and M10 and M11 my favorite go to Hoop Shoes at the moment

Last edited:
It's gon' be cheaper?

I know DRose has fallen off but he is now in NY (bigger market) and Wiggins sig shoe is going to cost more?

Kind of weird.

Would the primeknit upper make a difference?

IIRC the DRose 6 PKs retailed the same as non-PK, no?

I do think Lillard 2s PK version got a price hike.

Correct me if I am wrong but it does seem like Adidas needs some consistency in their pricing. I mean I am glad they didn't up the price on the DRose 6 PK but then they kind of have to make that a precedence and sell the others the same way unless they actually put a different sole on them like they did with the PK Lillard 2s then it's a bit more understandable.

D Rose 6 PrimeKnit didn't get a price increase in the US, but did in Europe, at least. Went up by £10, here, for example. The PrimeKnit/Boost version of the Lillard 2s got a price increase, and so did the PrimeKnit/Bounce version, in the US.

PrimeKnit Crazy Explosive could be more expensive or the same price, but I was just making a guess at why it was more expensive than the Rose 7. My price on the Rose 7 comes from WearTesters, by the way.

Pricing is even more questionable when you look at the CLB 2015 and 2016.  I think the 2015 was $130 retail right?  For heel boost only, although an awesome primeknit upper.

I'm glad the price is low for the 2016, but logically it is a little strange.  I like where their prices are at though with the Boost 16 and Lillard line.  Right where they should be for quality performers.  Nike is straight ridiculous with the Bron and KD line.  $180 retail for the KD8 is absolutely bananas.

Crazy to see the Rose signature not be the most expensive basketball shoe this year.  That has to be a first since maybe the line started?  A sign of the times.

Yah I was more surprised at the Explosives price because I was expecting the Rose to be in the $170 range or something, so it was a pleasant surprise that it is less than the Explosives but still can't help wonder how their pricing works over there at Adidas.

I do like it that the CLB16 is $10 less than CLB15 but it also raises more questions.

Maybe they aren't pricing the Rose's higher because they plan to make Hardens sig shoe (the non-CLB version that I think has been mentioned here) will be the highest priced of the bunch?

Back
Top Bottom