ADIDAS BBall Boost Thread - BYW, Crazy Explosive & Crazy Light & OTHER BBALL ADJACENT SNEAKERS

Adidas needs to stop making and releasing damn NMDs and UBs every week and produce/release those CE lows already.

Adidas needs to stop making and releasing damn NMDs and UBs every week and produce/release those CE lows already.
shoot, adidas needs to at least make these regular CEs available in stores, i have yet to find a pair i can try on.  Only one place is all of vegas carries crazylight boost 2016s, so wack. 

Going TTS in the CEs feels like the right size for me for length and width. Just a little extra toe box volume and some pressure around the ankle and Achilles. I had issues with Achilles pressure with the 31s. The CEs feel somewhat similar in ankle/achilles out of the box. Hope this goes away and the boost gets bouncier with break in. The boost on my Rose 7s changed a little with break in, but not much. Similar experience with multiple pairs of Rose 6s.

That heel slip on the CLB16 has been keeping me away from trying them out. Hoping the CE lows, Hardens, and Dame 3s don't have similar heel slip issues.

I experienced the same thing.  I tried on an all-red pair and I couldn't even feel any "bounce" or feedback from the boost (heel nor forefoot).  At least I'm not the only one.  Maybe there are defective pairs floating around (AGAIN, smh.....)
Are there that many defective pairs??  I finally balled in the CE last night and the cushioning was hard not soft and plush like the reviews have stated.  I also had the D Rose 6 in the black/red colorway and the cushioning was hard as well.  Am I just getting defective pairs??  I'm wondering if I should try another pair or is boost not for me?

Are there that many defective pairs??  I finally balled in the CE last night and the cushioning was hard not soft and plush like the reviews have stated.  I also had the D Rose 6 in the black/red colorway and the cushioning was hard as well.  Am I just getting defective pairs??  I'm wondering if I should try another pair or is boost not for me?
Definitely try different pairs.  The ONE PAIR of Rose 6s that had good Boost was the glowing aurora colorway.  That Boost was insane, but I had to take them back.  Every other experience has been crap.  So I guess, yes, there are that many bad pairs floating around unfortunately.  That's why you sparingly sometimes see those people who say "I don't know what the hype about Boost is..." is because they've experienced the bad pairs floating around.  I remember reading that adidas actually admitted that there is some "bad Boost" out there because this is relatively new for basketball so they haven't gotten it down 100% or something.  

Whatever the case, they need to fix this because they lost a sale from me because of it.  Even when the Boost feels good initially, you're still not guaranteed that for the life of the shoe.  My Rose 6 is a perfect example; started off AMAZING, and within only 2 mons they're hard as rocks, whereas other people are still playing in the Rose 6 because the Boost is fine.

Definitely try different pairs.  The ONE PAIR of Rose 6s that had good Boost was the glowing aurora colorway.  That Boost was insane, but I had to take them back.  Every other experience has been crap.  So I guess, yes, there are that many bad pairs floating around unfortunately.  That's why you sparingly sometimes see those people who say "I don't know what the hype about Boost is..." is because they've experienced the bad pairs floating around.  I remember reading that adidas actually admitted that there is some "bad Boost" out there because this is relatively new for basketball so they haven't gotten it down 100% or something.  

Whatever the case, they need to fix this because they lost a sale from me because of it.  Even when the Boost feels good initially, you're still not guaranteed that for the life of the shoe.  My Rose 6 is a perfect example; started off AMAZING, and within only 2 mons they're hard as rocks, whereas other people are still playing in the Rose 6 because the Boost is fine.
i find that weird, aren't ultraboosts and pureboosts consistent with boost cushioning? So weird the bball stuff is off like this..

The inconsistency of the basketball boost is very strange. I don't hear these problems with the runners and lifestyle shoes.

I either have bad luck or the shoes just aren't great for me because I frankly have not been wowed by most of the pairs that I've come across. Only one pair Rose 6s that I had measured up to all the review praise for that shoe. I don't mind trying on multiple pairs to find the one pair that feels best. Unfortunately, almost none of the stores in Seattle (a major metropolitan area) carried the Rose 6s last year nor the CEs, CLB16s or Rose 7s this year. Makes finding the right pair a pain if I have to order multiple pairs online and then send back what I don't want. This a big turnoff for me. Hopefully adidas gets the boost figured out and makes the shoes more attainable in my area.

Last edited:
Going TTS in the CEs feels like the right size for me for length and width. Just a little extra toe box volume and some pressure around the ankle and Achilles. I had issues with Achilles pressure with the 31s. The CEs feel somewhat similar in ankle/achilles out of the box. Hope this goes away and the boost gets bouncier with break in. The boost on my Rose 7s changed a little with break in, but not much. Similar experience with multiple pairs of Rose 6s.

That heel slip on the CLB16 has been keeping me away from trying them out. Hoping the CE lows, Hardens, and Dame 3s don't have similar heel slip issues.

I read some people got better lockdown with by adding extra eyelets . It helped my pair out a lot .

The inconsistency of the basketball boost is very strange. I don't hear these problems with the runners and lifestyle shoes.

I either have bad luck or the shoes just aren't great for me because I frankly have not been wowed by most of the pairs that I've come across. Only one pair Rose 6s that I had measured up to all the review praise for that shoe. I don't mind trying on multiple pairs to find the one pair that feels best. Unfortunately, almost none of the stores in Seattle (a major metropolitan area) carried the Rose 6s last year nor the CEs, CLB16s or Rose 7s this year. Makes finding the right pair a pain if I have to order multiple pairs online and then send back what I don't want. This a big turnoff for me. Hopefully adidas gets the boost figured out and makes the shoes more attainable in my area.
Yup, I'm right there with you!  All the big reviewers probably received their Boost shoes from adidas (or they just get lucky I guess), but it's harder for people to get them when they don't sell very well and stores are reluctant to carry them (only 2 stores here in Indy carry the Crazy Explosive, the CLB is a tad more widespread).

I might just look into getting the Clutchfit Drive 3 when they drop in price, or J Crossover II or 3, or something else that was praised for their cushioning.

Last edited:
Got an update for you for that colorway, 11/5

Hey buddy, thanks a ton! [emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]128077[/emoji] Really appreciate you looking out for me. That date can't come soon enough. I may end up buying the home PE as I saw it in person @ Champs. Looked REAL GOOD! I Never knew how soft the Primeknit it is. These are gonna be a problem for me, lol, with all the colors I'm sure are coming.

Back
Top Bottom